It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

What the hell is a "trans-species kid"? Is that a child that possesses other animal DNA? Or do you mean transgender?

In ether case i imagine a child is a child, poor, transgender or otherwise. IMHO theres no reason to treat them any different from other kids.

Once again this is simply political correctness gone awry.

edit on 29-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

You may think it's cute to make glib remarks but it doesn't make you correct. There is no comparison.

This is your judgement. There is no way for you to able to establish what goes on in the mind of a trans species human, nor is it your role to judge.

Even if its all bs, there are laws in place that should provide this kid with fair treatment. Meaning he should be allowed to wear his headgear like muslims.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It looks like some of the school's teachers referring to school children as "purple penguins" may have back fired!

"On 8 October 2014, the National Review
I published an article concerning gender identity and inclusiveness training at Lincoln Public Schools (LPS) in Lincoln, Nebraska. According to that article, educators within the school district had been ordered to refrain from using specifically gendered terms when speaking or referring to students in favor of gender neutral terms such as "purple penguins."
Read more at www.snopes.com...

Although Snopes correctly claims it's false that the term Penguin is "required" and was used only as an example, it appears someone took the suggestions literally!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Having looked at the video, and the posts, the following can be stated:

While the child is correct, the school cannot discriminate, however, public schools also, by different court cases, can and have limited the freedom of expression. That means if a school, deems that a particular wear is not allowed, or say a color, they can ban such, including garments. Several court cases have been fought and lost on the part of the plaintiff about this and the courts have said as much.

Most schools try to be accommodating as much as possible, however, they do have to look at some things. One being how distracting is the clothing a person wears to the rest of the students. While they could insist on him seeing a mental health professional, the reality is that ultimately he will need to compromise with the school officials. Now if he were to wear all black and white, that should be acceptable, but ultimately they can ash him not to have the hat on.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

but ultimately they can ash him not to have the hat on.

Can they do the same to muslims and their headgear?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

What the hell is a "trans-species kid"? Is that a child that possesses other animal DNA? Or do you mean transgender?

Transgenders do not have DNA of the opposite sex, so it wouldn't be necessary for the kid to have penguin DNA in order for him to 'identify' with being a penguin.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Ha, straight trollin.

Published on Jan 24, 2015
Administrators Discriminating against TransSpecies
Category
Comedy
License
Standard YouTube License

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Funny the new episode of always sunny dealt with little frog boy last nite. (froggy)
The timing is epic.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But women who identify as men DO live like men, as much as society will allow them to. They take testosterone in order to increase muscle mass and grow facial hair. They will even have surgery to add a "penis" to their body. They talk like men, sit like men, walk like men, etc. They aren't interested in being women, they don't act like women in any way. If he really identifies as a penguin then he should only eat krill, live out in the wild, not communicate in a human language or live in a house or eat food that humans eat. If he was really a penguin, he wouldn't be interested in going to school or getting a degree.

He's a poser, which is why I would have taken charge of him.

Right, so a transgender woman should be able to produce sperm like real men, and transgender men should be able to ovulate and a grow a baby in their belly, or they are not really what they pretend to be.

Shocker, they aren't in the first place.

Great logic, right?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Yeah I don't think this kid actually thinks he's a penguin... I'm pretty sure he is trolling for the sake of standing against discrimination.

*shrug*

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Transgenders do not have DNA of the opposite sex, so it wouldn't be necessary for the kid to have penguin DNA in order for him to 'identify' with being a penguin.

I think we all have penguin dna?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
At the end even his mom is like whoa slow it with the trolling thar brah.

Wants to make his own transspecies club the Zoo crew LOL

Do you like happy feet series better or march of the penguins?

"honey" audio ends :p

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I really don't think he's trolling ,kids are getting really messed up these days and I'm seeing this crap nearly on a daily basis ,too much Internet and not enough discipline

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So the wane thinks its a Penguin and terms such as " trans-species" start getting thrown into the mix? Can the poor kid not just be doing what every other kid has done throughout recorded history, that being acting out and/or playing make believe?

Something is seriously wrong with this plane of existence.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I think you may be right. If only it was as black and white as that, eh?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Troy's other two videos on his channel?

Him shirtless in the snow flexing at cars.

The other is talk dirty to me and he well he eats a pop tart.

I say its just a guy desperate for youtube fame
edit on 29-1-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hahah, this kid is great and is very brave to stand up to authority the way he did. Whether he was serious or not, he did a great job of sticking to his guns about it and not caving. We need more free thinkers like that in this world.

I do have to commend the teaching staff, though. They were extremely patient and polite about the whole thing, even allowing him to record their talk. If someone had tried to pull something like this at my old school they would have been thrown in detention two seconds after their first refusal to remove the hood, probably would have been thrown in detention just for showing up wearing it. Even trying to debate the issue would have gotten them suspended at most schools.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

She was totally lame (which explains a lot).

I didn't watch the entire video. Do you think the mother put him up to it?

Honestly, that was my thought too. I think mom is in on it at least. This is why I didn't go into education. I wouldn't have debated with this little jerk. I would have told him to sit down and shut up and wait for your mother. I would have suggested a psych eval., told mom he is breaking the dress code and that would have been the end of it. Not even worthy of a discussion. What a load of crap. I don't think they would have a prayer of bringing a lawyer in on it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkippyBalls

But women who identify as men DO live like men, as much as society will allow them to. They take testosterone in order to increase muscle mass and grow facial hair. They will even have surgery to add a "penis" to their body. They talk like men, sit like men, walk like men, etc. They aren't interested in being women, they don't act like women in any way. If he really identifies as a penguin then he should only eat krill, live out in the wild, not communicate in a human language or live in a house or eat food that humans eat. If he was really a penguin, he wouldn't be interested in going to school or getting a degree.

He's a poser, which is why I would have taken charge of him.

Right, so a transgender woman should be able to produce sperm like real men, and transgender men should be able to ovulate and a grow a baby in their belly, or they are not really what they pretend to be.

Shocker, they aren't in the first place.

Great logic, right?

So all men born men should produce sperm or he's not a man? All women should be able to have children or they are not real women?

Tell that to all the dudes with testicular cancer and women who've had hysterectomies.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I agree wholeheartedly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join