It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School discriminates against poor trans-species kid

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I can sympathize with the guy, I am trans species as well.

I have a really hairy back and large hairy feet (17) in the summer I sweat a lot. My fiancee complains that I smell and calls me a skunk ape. It hurts my feelers, why she used such a derogatory and hurtful word is beyond me. I feels she has a underlying hate for my kind. Its hurtful she feels this way my kind has done nothing to her or her kind. We live in peace with nature and avoid others. I don't know what to do, she tells me I should change and shave my back, chest and feet, but it I do I will loose who I am and everything my kind stand for. I'm lost and have no where to turn none of my kind dwell close to me and few and far between. My mom told me never to marrie a troll that owns her own bridge.

Thanks
Lost love Sasquatch.
edit on 29-1-2015 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman

The kid claims the school is "breaking state law" because they are "discriminating".
And that he is "deeply offended"...and feels that he is being "singled out".
Oh, he also says to the teachers "you are treating me different from them, we should be treated as equals"

If this video isn't a stupid gag, then it implies the school authorities actually sat there seriously negotiating with a...uh... penguin for 17 minutes.

Still think everybody, including penguin boy, ought to be treated fairly regardless of who they are?

Lol, i was just hearing about stuff like this, i.e. people who either one, think they are another animal within or two, even a fictional kid. The first is called "animalkin" I think, and the second, "fictkin." Ridiculous.

I guess, once the argument is made that although someone has a given physical body, their true feelings and identity are psychologically or spiritually something else (different gender, species, etc), then where does it stop?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
The kid deserve a fair chance to show he is really into penguinism, give him a bucket of raw sardines to see if he gobble it, nothing says more penguin than that.
edit on 29-1-2015 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
lady: "They don't have trees in Antarctica."

kid: "Some penguins are tropical though."

Ahaha.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SkippyBalls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rokkuman

No, actually, he is not right - "penguin" is not protected class.
Neither is "species". LoL!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

His analogy between Muslims and penguins is a huge fail.

And why is that?

Believing in religion might be just as ridiculous as believing to be a penguin. Why should there be a difference in believing in Islam and believing in being a penguin?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

It's beyond ludicrous IMO. Penguin boy should have been put on ice about 2 minutes into the conversation.

It appears the school staff is smarter than that. You see they don't shut up people when they know they can't really refute their arguments.

Maybe there is a lesson in there.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Well, yes. Everyone should be treated fairly.
So why can't penguin boy get fair treatment?

He IS TROLLING! (and so are you) This kid is using the school to make a political point that he doesn't think it's fair that Muslims can wear "head gear" and penguins can't. He doesn't REALLY identify as a penguin.

lgbt folks are trolling. They are using society to make a political point that they don't think it's fair that all races can be treated equally but they. They aren't REALLY lgbt.

He's just being a jerk, basically. His analogy between Muslims and penguins is a huge fail.

lgbt folks are also being jerks, basically. Their analogy between sexuality and race (as an argument for their cause) is a huge fail.

See how it works?
edit on 29-1-2015 by rokkuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

You see they don't shut up people when they know they can't really refute their arguments.

Yup the kid's points were actually completely valid.

Maybe there is a lesson in there.

Indeed.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   

If he believes himself to be a penguin genuinely, then his mother should consider consulting a professional on the matter of his mental health.

Eating only Krill and small fish found in the cold reaches of the poles, is not a diet which promotes longevity of life, and good physical health. Furthermore, if he leaves home one day and drowns trying to get home, his mother will be devastated.

Now... I am not sure whether this lad is taking the mickey, or whether he is just a trainee Furry, but what I will say, is that neither position is acceptable in a school environment. School is about learning, and having one student wandering around dressed as a penguin will be naturally disruptive and distracting. In an age where increasing numbers of children have ADHD and other conditions which make the process of education more difficult than it has to be, the last thing that is needed, is someone nibbling baitfish at the back of the room, and occasionally having to sit on a training egg during class in order to prepare for adulthood.

For those about to suggest that this is not something male penguins do, that is not the case at all. In fact, male penguins and female penguins tend to share responsibility for looking after eggs and hatchlings.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SkippyBalls

lady: "They don't have trees in Antarctica."

kid: "Some penguins are tropical though."

Ahaha.

I looked it up and it turns out there are tropical penguins! I learned something new today!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

This kid is well prepared and knows exactly what he is doing.

link   

Penguins don't talk. Penguins don't go to school or get high school or college degrees. Penguins don't eat apples or drink milk. Penguins can't argue or defy school rules.

He is not a penguin. He is a kid trying to make a point, but he is making it badly, in my opinion.

Like some of the other posters, I am amazed that this discussion went on as long as it did. If I was that kid's mother, I would have taken charge of him from the moment I walked in. She was totally lame (which explains a lot).

link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

If he believes himself to be a penguin genuinely, then his mother should consider consulting a professional on the matter of his mental health.

Small problem. The same argument can be used against anybody.

"if he believes himself to be lgbt genuinely, he should consider consulting a professional on the matter of his mental health".

or

"if he believes himself to be an equal despite his skin color, he should consider consulting a professional on the matter of his mental health".

The slippery slope is a fun ride, no?

(post by rokkuman removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: rokkuman
So why can't penguin boy get fair treatment?

He is getting fair treatment. Any kid who insists on breaking the dress code of the school is appropriately dealt with.

lgbt folks are trolling.

And this proves I'm right about your troll thread. If this kid can prove that he's been identifying as a penguin since he was 3-4 years old, then I might listen to him. But it's clearly a scheme designed to challenge the religious freedom of other students.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

He is not a penguin. He is a kid trying to make a point, but he is making it badly, in my opinion. Like some of the other posters, I am amazed that this discussion went on as long as it did.

Yes, especially since he is doing it "badly"..........

Maybe the discussion went on as long as it did because he was doing it absolutely brilliantly.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Is the kid's last name Cobblepot?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
She was totally lame (which explains a lot).

I didn't watch the entire video. Do you think the mother put him up to it?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Clearly this child will never be a good soldier or corporate automaton.

Bring the authoritarians with fake science and pharmaceutical poison STAT!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join