It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Blue Book documents no longer online at The Black Vault

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
A statement from John Greenewald Jr. This statement needs to be clarified. What is beyond his control?

The Black Vault: Project Blue Book

Due to situations out of my control, The Project Blue Book material is currently unavailable.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My first thought is that he staged this to drive traffic to his page once the documents come back online.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I have no idea about the politics of this subject, and as I mentioned in the other thread about the previous availability of the documents, he wasn't the first one to bring this information to the public domain. I do however lament the loss of a source for the material. The more sources, the better in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's still archived on the Wayback Machine site. Maybe somebody should download it before it disappears for good.

The full URL is:

http:// web.archive.org/web/20150127014135/http:// projectbluebook.theblackvault.com

You need to remove the spaces for it to be a valid URL.
edit on 1/27/2015 by Shadoefax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jack Jouett
A statement from John Greenewald Jr. This statement needs to be clarified. What is beyond his control?

The Black Vault: Project Blue Book

Due to situations out of my control, The Project Blue Book material is currently unavailable.

Would guess because of the whole deal with him being called out for sharing disinfo?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-1-2015 by dreamingawake because: Fixed the sentence

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Would guess because of the who deal with being called sharing disinfo?

Ummm, huh? I don't understand how you are trying to say what you are trying to say.

Could you rephrase?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well this is interesting...I think the navigation on Fold3 is worse than the Black Vault. Also blackvault posts on ATS, let's hear from him...Currently Unavailable implies it may be available again in the future?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides

Ummm, huh? I don't understand how you are trying to say what you are trying to say.

Could you rephrase?

He's saying the entire thing is bad data. If you read the other thread.. Just the OP.

What was fake on the internet this week

4. Thousands of pages of new UFO documents were not just released online. Big news week for UFOs, huh? If you spent any time with a newspaper or cable news channel this week, you may have spotted headlines like these: “Air Force UFO Files Hit the Web,” “U.S. Air Force Releases Thousands of Pages of Declassified UFO files,” “Two decades of mysterious Air Force UFO files now available online.” (That last one’s from The Post. We are not immune!) But while the coverage of the Air Force’s “Project Blue Book” — a government investigation into UFOs — suggested that the files had been newly declassified and digitized, they’ve actually been online for years … and they’ve been declassified way longer than that, available for public perusal at the National Archives.

A spokesman for Fold3, an Ancestry.com subsidiary and one of several sites hosting the Blue Book files, confirmed to The Post that they’ve had the full document available online for free since 2007.

edit on 27-1-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: dreamingawake

Would guess because of the who deal with being called sharing disinfo?

Could you rephrase?

Okay, I fixed it.
(sorry small seizures)

"Would guess because of the whole deal with him being called out for sharing disinfo?"
As explained in the thread and thread Op article:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 27-1-2015 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Why not just get it at the black vault?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jack Jouett

Could it be an issue with a third party site not being allowed to reprint that info????

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Its a good job i ripped the entire site then

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Could it be an issue with a third party site not being allowed to reprint that info????

Well the US Government don't seem to have any issue with others redistributing their documents.

Anyone may, without restriction under U.S. copyright laws:

reproduce the work in print or digital form;
create derivative works;
perform the work publicly;
display the work;
distribute copies or digitally transfer the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending.

www.usa.gov...

However it could be that exceptions or technical violations applied to the way that the documents were being displayed on the blackvault. Hopefully it will all be resolved quickly.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman
Right, whatever is going on, it has nothing to with the US Government trying to silence the Blue Book records. We don't want any nutty rumors about UFO martyrdom getting started.

It's far more likely this has to do with where and how this particular version of documents came from.
Probably something to do with their ancestry, you might say.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

Indeed.

I suspect it's the 'ancestry' and possibly objections to the huge 'blackvault' identifying image and proclamation at the start of every document on that site. But I could be wrong.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The silence is broken:

The Black Vault’s Statement on the Project Blue Book Files

January 29th, 2015 – It is with great frustration to announce, that Ancestry.com, and their subsidiary Fold3, has laid down a claim to copyright on the Project Blue Book material – which has long been labeled as “public domain” by the National Archives & Records Administration (NARA). Ancestry.com is claiming ownership to the digital version of this material – despite me having records that Fold3 doesn’t even have in their archive and I received under the FOIA starting back in 1996. They simply claimed it was 100% theirs and I was forced to remove it...

projectbluebook.theblackvault.com...
edit on 29-1-2015 by CardDown because: spelling

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
anyone know where to get a copy of project blue book online?

D

posted on Jan, 30 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: headsup7up
anyone know where to get a copy of project blue book online?

D

After a TINY bit of research and looking around I came up with this. www.fold3.com...

No offence, I see you are new. When I say new, I mean sleepy, of course.

edit on 30-1-2015 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Although there are the select few haters who have nothing better to do but attack me, I would invite you all to check out this link: en.wikipedia.org...

You can all decide for yourselves.

new topics

top topics

join