It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
do yourself a favor and watch it without sound and without pretext.
Skip through all the "backstory" text in the beginning and start when it shows the actual footage.
Does that change your perspective any? Also notice how the camera pans out towards the end.
Ask yourself this...if you were filming something so extraordinary, would you not be shaking like a leaf and zooming like a MF'er on it?

I've seen enough bull# UFO vids to recognize legit from not. This one falls (in MY opinion) as the later.

That is the only way I ever watch videos as I watch them at work....no sound and skip the BS. I have been in a canoe plenty of times and know there is a lot of sway to them....actually I am pretty impressed with how little sway there was. If I were that guy, I would be making as few moves as possible as any hunter would do....he was likely in the swamp hunting....so zoom would be the last thing on my mind.

This doesn't even compare to UFO crap videos as they are thousand of feet in the air.

There is also the possibility his camera didn't have a zoom, but I could not possibly know that.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
and ANOTHER point (after rewatching it)

Given the amount of sway showing in the footage because they were in a canoe, I'm assuming they're paddling through the North Atlantic, huh?

The beginning shows the water as smooth as a baby's ass. Now, you're going to tell me there's enough cavitation to make the cameraman sway over a foot or so back and forth?
Sorry...not buying it

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
trust me guys - I want to see a vid with proof. This unfortunately doesn't do it for me

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

So is it your contention that this is CGI or a man in a monkey suit?

If its CGI, someone give that man a job in Hollywood. They would obviously have to be using MoCap technology to get the movements so precise and life like.

If it is a man in a suit, that dude has cajones the size and weight of your league standard bowling balls. Wading around on the swamp like that is seriously dangerous not to mention incredibly stupid.
edit on Cam11Tuesday5520154831Tue, 27 Jan 2015 11:55:48 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Given the amount of sway showing in the footage because they were in a canoe, I'm assuming they're paddling through the North Atlantic, huh?

The beginning shows the water as smooth as a baby's ass. Now, you're going to tell me there's enough cavitation to make the cameraman sway over a foot or so back and forth?
Sorry...not buying it

Huh? Have you ever sat in a flat bottomed canoe in still water? You couldn't use on in the ocean at all....hell, I have seen people paddle incorrectly and flip they are so unstable.

Either way.....your opinion is your opinion and I am not one to try to change it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I have been canoeing lots of times. Even the slightest movement in one of those things will set the boat to rocking.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm on the fence with your assessment. The swaying during the filming is not alarming as he is on a boat and that's normal, but the very end when it pans away is a bit sketchy. That and the lack of commentary during the filming. If it were me I wouldn't be able to contain myself without such wisperings of "WTF?" "OMG" "WTF is that" I would sound like the guy a while back in the double rainbow viral video...lol

Unfortunately for the ones of us that have already seen the pre synopis of the video, our brains are already preprogrammed and would do no good to watch again without it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

If its CGI, someone give that man a job in Hollywood.

Maybe he already has that job.

If it is a man in a suit, that dude has cajones the size and weight of your league standard bowling balls. Wading around on the swamp like that is seriously dangerous not to mention incredibly stupid.

Right, because a canoe is a floating fortress.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Sorry...not buying it

So smooth is relevant?
Okay here is a video of a canoe instructor in flat water... notice how much his canoe shifts around. No imagine not using your ores to stabilize at all but rather being used to operate a camera.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Maybe he does, what do I know.

No, but its safer than swimming, C'mon man.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Does anyone have a YouTube account and willing to send a link of this video to ThinkerThunker and let him analyze it?

I would but I'm not going to be home for several hours.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

Yeah, I'm on the fence with your assessment. The swaying during the filming is not alarming as he is on a boat and that's normal, but the very end when it pans away is a bit sketchy. That and the lack of commentary during the filming. If it were me I wouldn't be able to contain myself without such wisperings of "WTF?" "OMG" "WTF is that" I would sound like the guy a while back in the double rainbow viral video...lol

Unfortunately for the ones of us that have already seen the pre synopis of the video, our brains are already preprogrammed and would do no good to watch again without it.

I would say that if he was a hunter then that would be exactly the opposite of what he would do. He would try to be as silent as possible knowing that if this animal was aggressive and was spooked he would be in a world of hurt as it appears it moved fairly easily through the water and could easily take him.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Ever been to a Tampa swamp? I have. One of the safest things to be in is a boat, and it also happens to be the only way to get around in them, unless you are an indigenous creature of it that is.....

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

I would say that if he was a hunter then that would be exactly the opposite of what he would do. He would try to be as silent as possible knowing that if this animal was aggressive and was spooked he would be in a world of hurt as it appears it moved fairly easily through the water and could easily take him.

Touche.

If it were me you would be watching a found lost tapes, Blair Witch style, video of a guy that was killed and eaten by an unknown hominid creature...lol

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The video was given to the channel "Bigfoot Evidence" by a reader.
Not a hunter per-se (although they could be), but someone who's interest is in Bigfoot sightings.

-20 points?

Does that help or hurt the credibility of this being real or faked?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm usually quick to dismiss these videos, but this one at least has my interest. Obviously, my minds says "hoax" but if so, a very well done hoax. I'm not ready to believe this is legitimate footage, but I'm not ready to say it isn't. Thanks for sharing.

I'll admit I'm curious.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

Ever been to a Tampa swamp? I have. One of the safest things to be in is a boat, and it also happens to be the only way to get around in them, unless you are an indigenous creature of it that is.....

Matt agrees with us that if it's a person, "they are either a moron or completely insane". "They are walking, swimming and diving in an area where there are hundreds of 12 foot gators and water moccasins everywhere. I was there watching it for a while. Seemed to notice me and walked toward deeper water. It went underwater and vanished. Paddled up there and it was nowhere to be seen."

What protection does a canoe afford against a "12 foot gator"?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

So he paddled up to where the bigfoot went under? Sounds smart.

The footage is 'cool' but think about this guy's story. It's not working for me.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

The video was given to the channel "Bigfoot Evidence" by a reader.
Not a hunter per-se (although they could be), but someone who's interest is in Bigfoot sightings.

-20 points?

Does that help or hurt the credibility of this being real or faked?

Well it hurts the credibility to some extent I would say, as the odds of someone seeing something like a Bigfoot, (assuming they are real) are pretty rare, and for someone who happens to be a reader of Bigfoot specific journals to also be the person who not only sees one but also films one would lower the odds of the film being genuine.
But then again I am on the fence about Bigfoot/Skunk Apes being real anyway.
My personal Opinion is that at least some of the Florida skunk ape sightings are orangutangs and the like.

"Some of the exotic animals here were released or escaped from roadside attractions years ago, like the troupe of vervet monkeys that roams Dania Beach, near Fort Lauderdale. In 1992, Hurricane Andrew destroyed a number of research and breeding centers and a good portion of the Miami zoo, setting loose 5,000 animals, from baboons and orangutans to wallabies and capybaras, known to some as hog-sized rats."
www.nytimes.com...

I know that there have been signings before this event however that is not to say that there have not been crnivals and pet owners in the past who have not lost track of their critters.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

What is the point you are trying to make? Are you suggesting his story is questionable because he is in a canoe? I don't understand.
edit on Cpm12Tuesday2620151731Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:26:17 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: eris deliver me from autocorrect

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join