It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

If its CGI, someone give that man a job in Hollywood.

Maybe he already has that job.

If it is a man in a suit, that dude has cajones the size and weight of your league standard bowling balls. Wading around on the swamp like that is seriously dangerous not to mention incredibly stupid.

Right, because a canoe is a floating fortress.

Ever been to a Tampa swamp? I have. One of the safest things to be in is a boat, and it also happens to be the only way to get around in them, unless you are an indigenous creature of it that is.....

Matt agrees with us that if it's a person, "they are either a moron or completely insane". "They are walking, swimming and diving in an area where there are hundreds of 12 foot gators and water moccasins everywhere. I was there watching it for a while. Seemed to notice me and walked toward deeper water. It went underwater and vanished. Paddled up there and it was nowhere to be seen."

What protection does a canoe afford against a "12 foot gator"?

A lot more than walking through the water. Again, unless you have actually BEEN in a swamp in a boat then why are you even arguing this point at all?

Canoe's and kayaks are the most used boats in swamps as they don't get bogged down in anything since they are flat bottomed and have no motor. Gators tend not to attack boats since they are under the water below them and are typically more "afraid" of it than we are of them. Most attacks on boats occur when the gator is in shallow water and can't escape the boat or the boat bumps the gator and it reacts, typically letting go very quickly.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

My point is he's full of #. It's not someone in a suit because they'd have to be crazy, says the guy in the canoe, amongst the 12 foot gators.

That doesn't mean I believe it's someone in a suit.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TXRabbit
The video was given to the channel "Bigfoot Evidence" by a reader.
Not a hunter per-se (although they could be), but someone who's interest is in Bigfoot sightings.

-20 points?

Does that help or hurt the credibility of this being real or faked?

Well, from reading the quotes from the guy, he didn't seem to know what it was. He asked the park rangers as well. My thought is that he got online and researched a bit and likely found their site and sent in to ask them....not that he was an avid bigfoot researcher and went out to look for one.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's not even just about gators, either. All manner of critters live in swamps, many of which you don't want to get bitten by. Most of which can't bite through a canoe or dang near any other type of boat.

Not to mention that for people, walking in a swamp is an exhausting event to begin with.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

People go canoeing in the swamps here literally all the time. That's nothing unusual at all so I don't understand how this could justifiably be grounds for calling hoax.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

My point is he's full of #. It's not someone in a suit because they'd have to be crazy, says the guy in the canoe, amongst the 12 foot gators.

That doesn't mean I believe it's someone in a suit.

Again....this is COMMON for people to do in swamps....canoe and kayak around. You CAN'T take a giant boat into a swamp. People do this, likely every day in this swamp....they canoe to either fish/hunt or watch nature. Just because there is a 12 foot gator around does not mean they will attack you. They are not as aggressive as people make them out to be in shows...they are if you mess with them, but if you are in a boat of any type with your limbs inside the boat, they are not going to mess with you.

I speak from experience in this area, and I am assuming you are not.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

It's not even just about gators, either. All manner of critters live in swamps, many of which you don't want to get bitten by. Most of which can't bite through a canoe or dang near any other type of boat.

Not to mention that for people, walking in a swamp is an exhausting event to begin with.

Exactly....snakes are my biggest fear in the swamp as they WILL swim up to greet you very quickly. Gators I have not been worried about since the first time I encountered them paddling in a swamp....they do not just attack boats for no reason.....that would be a hippo...now THOSE are nasty creatures.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Ask yourself this...if you were filming something so extraordinary, would you not be shaking like a leaf and zooming like a MF'er on it?

i'm pretty sure the camera is fixed on the kayaker's head - a waterproof gopro type thing - it's shooting whatever the kayaker is looking at

an interesting vid, nothing obviously screaming fake to me - but i can't rule out a guy in a suit

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Then why couldn't someone do 20 seconds up out of their boat?

Also is that not shallow water that canoe is in?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock
a reply to: TXRabbit

Ask yourself this...if you were filming something so extraordinary, would you not be shaking like a leaf and zooming like a MF'er on it?

i'm pretty sure the camera is fixed on the kayaker's head - a waterproof gopro type thing - it's shooting whatever the kayaker is looking at

an interesting vid, nothing obviously screaming fake to me - but i can't rule out a guy in a suit

Ah...had not thought of that....that would explain no zoom and the high quality of the vid. It would also explain how a bit earlier in the video you see what appears to be a paddle handle or gloved thumb slightly come into view when he first begins the video.

Good call.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Because they are not stupid enough to get out. Swamps can be shallow and deep...typically no more than a few feet deep and I believe this one is average 10ft. The guy is obviously in a shallower section, but deep enough to canoe in.

Shallow water is more dangerous than deep if you get out because you could easily step on something that WILL eat you if you step on it.

Look....I understand you do not understand the in's and out's of being in a swamp and I could sit here and try to explain it to you ALL DAY LONG......but I won't. If you have never had any experience in one then there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise....it is simply a matter of having the experience....sort of like me trying to explain to someone what fried chicken is when they have never had chicken at all.....just can't explain it in a manner that they will understand.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

What do you mean? Like, the guy in a suit got out of the canoe, made his way through the snake infested water in a wet and heavy ape costume, played around in the swamp for a time before what... diving under the swamp? Then they cut the video and then this hypothetical ape costumed man, tired and exhausted from wallowing through the swamp in a sodden ape costume, makes his way back to the canoe and in, at least thigh high swamp water, crawls back into the canoe. Is this what you are suggesting? Sounds like a really dangerous ordeal for a short YouTube vid.
edit on Cpm12Tuesday5520152831Tue, 27 Jan 2015 12:55:28 -06002015 by CagliostroTheGreat because: cannot abide a typo

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

there's a good chance it would have been running for the whole trip, so this would be an edit out of a continuous sequence (it also says at the start of the video that it has been cropped)

the entire footage would be useful - the context would be revealing

if the clip comes from the middle of an extended sequence of someone spending a day paddling round swamps, and backs up he claim that the kayaker went and investigated the area after the sighting that would be good corroboration for me - it's unlikely someone would be hanging around in a monkey suit on the off chance a kayaker comes along filming

if they've just got this short clip, that would be suspicious

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

What do you mean? Like, the guy in a suit got out of the canoe, made his way through the snake infested water in a wet and heavy ape costume, played around in the swamp for a time before what... diving under the swamp? Then they cut the video and then this hypothetical ape costumed man, tired and exhausted from wallowing through the swamp in a sodden ape costume, makes his way back to the canoe and in, at least thigh high swamp water, crawls back into the canoe. Is this what you are suggesting? Sounds like a really dangerous ordeal for a short YouTube vid.

Ha...now that would be a sight to see....I wonder how many people have tried to actually get into a canoe while thigh deep in water....it is quite the trick.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I've got some pretty mixed feelings about the video.

My initial response: Awesome. It's not a clear-cut fake. At least not the typical blobsqauch.

But... Zooming the video (full screen), watching it several times with different monitor settings - I simply cannot see enough definitive detail. I'm busy downloading the video to play with it with some software. The ideal would be if we could see/download the original video - because YT simple removes too much of the quality.

That being said, the movement (drinking water?) looks exactly like that of a chimpanzee (and other primates). But then, as it get into the water, it moves just like a human (around 1:42). It sits down on its behind, feet goes into the water and then the rest follows. Like a person getting into a swimming pool. I haven't seen other animals enter water like that (but just because I haven't seen it, doesn't make it impossible). One would expect something that lives in the swamp to simply "jump" into the water or at least enter the water with much less care.

As for the snake/tail? Definitely something there. Impossible to say what it is. Although swamp ape/bigfoot descriptions rarely include a tail - and from the top of my head I can't think of one example.

Then, on a bit of a side note, we have this from three weeks ago: Possible really good picture of a Squatch. Whilst that one is an obvious hoax, the back-stories are very similar, and the location is more or less the same as far as I can tell:

A 66-year-old retired electrician named John Rodriguez claims he saw this Bigfoot “bathing” while he was fishing in the Hillsborough River near Tampa, Florida.
Source

It would be disappointing if these two were somehow connected.

No final opinion yet, but it definitely peaked my interest. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Because they are not stupid enough to get out. Swamps can be shallow and deep...typically no more than a few feet deep and I believe this one is average 10ft. The guy is obviously in a shallower section, but deep enough to canoe in.

Shallow water is more dangerous than deep if you get out because you could easily step on something that WILL eat you if you step on it.

Look....I understand you do not understand the in's and out's of being in a swamp and I could sit here and try to explain it to you ALL DAY LONG......but I won't. If you have never had any experience in one then there is nothing I can say to convince you otherwise....it is simply a matter of having the experience....sort of like me trying to explain to someone what fried chicken is when they have never had chicken at all.....just can't explain it in a manner that they will understand.

No explanation needed.

Fried chicken: a little piece of heaven on earth. 'Nuff said

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: aynock

there's a good chance it would have been running for the whole trip, so this would be an edit out of a continuous sequence (it also says at the start of the video that it has been cropped)

the entire footage would be useful - the context would be revealing

if the clip comes from the middle of an extended sequence of someone spending a day paddling round swamps, and backs up he claim that the kayaker went and investigated the area after the sighting that would be good corroboration for me - it's unlikely someone would be hanging around in a monkey suit on the off chance a kayaker comes along filming

if they've just got this short clip, that would be suspicious

Likely it was running all day would be my guess....just the site he sent it to clipped it for the relevant portion. I would think that if this is reviewed and deemed footage of a unknown animal that the full video will be reviewed by whatever experts in the primatology field.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What do you mean? Like, the guy in a suit got out of the canoe, made his way through the snake infested water in a wet and heavy ape costume, played around in the swamp for a time before what... diving under the swamp?

Can two fit in a canoe?

At what time in the video does he dive under the swamp? Oh, that's right, didn't record that part. That's kind of strange isn't it?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Crazy....I went to the blog that posted this and they have a clip of it narrowed down that shows what appears to either be a long tail or a snake possibly biting the backside as it is walking through the swamp.

I looked at the video a few times...looks like it's holding a stick or pulled a stick out of the water when it started walking.

At any rate, it's an interesting video that isn't tainted by people yelling or talking crazy in the background, and it's an HD video that is relatively still. Of course, objectively speaking, there's just too much in between the creature and the camera to make a conclusion with any certainty, imo.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DenyObfuscation

Can two fit in a canoe?

That depends on the canoe. Crawling in and out of a floating canoe dressed in a heavy, then wet and heavy ape costume is a pretty daring feat, however, especially considering the environment.

At what time in the video does he dive under the swamp? Oh, that's right, didn't record that part. That's kind of strange isn't it?

Kind of. I never said it dove beneath the swamp though I was just asking the question because, like you say, we don't ever really see where it goes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join