It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Ape/ Bigfoot... Some compelling video taken in Jan 2015.

page: 31
<< 28  29  30   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   
deleted, irrelivent
edit on 9-5-2015 by bronco73 because: removed irrelivent post

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
First of all, man, some of the skeptics are insane. If you're going to be suspicious, please let your reasoning be logical and not seem like you're grasping for straws.

If this is a hoax, it's a damn fine one. It's pretty impressive.
I'm glad the freaking footage isn't grainy or that he suffers from "shaky cam syndrome" like most people do when shooting these types of things. Most of the time when we have someone recording something that turns out to be a hoax, it's almost always grainy footage or blurry. This is very clean.
Secondly, he's probably being quiet because a.) he's too afraid to make a sound, or b.) he's probably doing some recreational hunting out there and knows to stfu and make as little noise as possible so as to not be perceived as a threat by the whatever-it-is.
I heard splashing, I don't know how anyone else didn't. I don't see the "snake" though, I'll have to watch again.
He's in a dang canoe, so I mean, there's going to be swaying since I clearly heard him put his oars down. Even when the water is still, there's still slight movement.
The whatever-it-is waded AWAY from the dude and went under, the guy isn't paddling TOWARDS the creature. I don't know why anyone would assume that.

I HIGHLY doubt it's a dang human in a suit or in a ghillie suit! Do people not get how dangerous just wading around in those waters is? The person in the suit would be stupid. The canoe may not be a "bubble of protection" but it's far better than just walking around in the water. Gators don't just jump up in some boat/canoe just because to have a light snack, no matter how big they are. They only attack when they feel threatened.

It seems like some of you are grasping for straws.

Even with all the hoaxes out there, I still think bigfoot could be a possibility simple because we haven't mowed down all the forests and crap yet to explore every square inch of this planet. We simply are not 100% sure. However, I saw someone mention something about circus monkeys and gorillas. It could be related to those that have been living around there for awhile now. Who knows?

I'm the type of person who prefers physical evidence like hair and stuff, but I'm just finally happy to see clear footage, haha. Very interesting indeed.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lmeder1988
First of all, man, some of the skeptics are insane. If you're going to be suspicious, please let your reasoning be logical and not seem like you're grasping for straws.

If this is a hoax, it's a damn fine one. It's pretty impressive.
I'm glad the freaking footage isn't grainy or that he suffers from "shaky cam syndrome" like most people do when shooting these types of things. Most of the time when we have someone recording something that turns out to be a hoax, it's almost always grainy footage or blurry. This is very clean.
Secondly, he's probably being quiet because a.) he's too afraid to make a sound, or b.) he's probably doing some recreational hunting out there and knows to stfu and make as little noise as possible so as to not be perceived as a threat by the whatever-it-is.
I heard splashing, I don't know how anyone else didn't. I don't see the "snake" though, I'll have to watch again.
He's in a dang canoe, so I mean, there's going to be swaying since I clearly heard him put his oars down. Even when the water is still, there's still slight movement.
The whatever-it-is waded AWAY from the dude and went under, the guy isn't paddling TOWARDS the creature. I don't know why anyone would assume that.

I HIGHLY doubt it's a dang human in a suit or in a ghillie suit! Do people not get how dangerous just wading around in those waters is? The person in the suit would be stupid. The canoe may not be a "bubble of protection" but it's far better than just walking around in the water. Gators don't just jump up in some boat/canoe just because to have a light snack, no matter how big they are. They only attack when they feel threatened.

It seems like some of you are grasping for straws.

Even with all the hoaxes out there, I still think bigfoot could be a possibility simple because we haven't mowed down all the forests and crap yet to explore every square inch of this planet. We simply are not 100% sure. However, I saw someone mention something about circus monkeys and gorillas. It could be related to those that have been living around there for awhile now. Who knows?

I'm the type of person who prefers physical evidence like hair and stuff, but I'm just finally happy to see clear footage, haha. Very interesting indeed.

And a Gator or snake wont have a go and a Gorilla type thingy??... My guess is they prepared the water before hand...small Explosives would soon clear the water of snakes and gators for a considerable time or the swamp area is not Gator snake infested in the first place.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Arrestme

Ah I see this thread has risen from the dead. I thought that video was the proof this was all a hoax? So where's the video? Something to do with some BF follower, a faked two-headed alligator and something else...

posted on Jul, 3 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: GArnold

If that thing had a tail then it's not an ape, apes are tail-less primates. Which makes me think either this is a very very good hoax or that tail is in fact a snake. Shaking that tree isn't that hard btw, depends on the size of that thing and the tree.

One very compelling video. Not sure what to make of it

posted on Jul, 9 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This is a long thread and I don't have much time before work, so I apologize if this has been suggested.

This definitely seems like a real ape. Which it could possibly be. Chimpanzees are kept as pets, and a full grown male chimpanzee is not a cute and cuddly thing, nor are they small (150 pounds wouldn't be unheard of, especially in captivity as a pet). Florida has a major exotic animal problem since it is sub-tropical and is central in the exotic animal trade in the U.S.

Also, cell cameras are notorious for bad depth perception, they're geared more for short range shots which could explain how the creature seems so far away and yet so large - if this video was shot on an older or cheaper cell phone

On the flip side, if the video taker thought this was genuinely a bear at a distance in the swamp, he probably would have thought "Oh cool, a bear" and shot the video, paying more attention to the screen than the subject at hand, and just panned away when the "bear" wandered off.

Awesome video for discussion, thanks OP!

EDIT:
Oh, just noticed the age of this thread, and the total length. Whoops, didn't mean to make a zombie, I blame lack of caffeine ;-).
edit on 9-7-2015 by OrdoAdChao because: Moar caffeine, moar!

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Well, I am impressed folks. This is the best footage since the Patterson-Gimlin film.
We can talk about it all we want--the snake in its hand--the "feel" of the film, but the reality is, it is just impossible to tell.

Mandroid7 !!! Good Spirit!!! I wish you so much luck in going out in the field, though I honestly doubt it will happen. But I love your enthusiasm--that is what drives cryptozoology.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
bfrofl.com...
Sorry if this has already been posted, seems to be a fairly thorough debunking of the video if the bfrofl.com can be trusted?

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: OpticalIllusion94

Oooh, just read the article. You are right! It is a hoax. They made a pretty good one though, I'll give them that.

Too bad hoaxers tarnish the true evidence.

posted on Sep, 23 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Batan
Well, I am impressed folks. This is the best footage since the Patterson-Gimlin film.

I agree.

It's about time people put a bit more effort into their hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Definitely looks like it just caught a snake for lunch.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Redheadhog

Damn, just read about the hoax.. Lol.. They did a good job

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
IMHO, I believe this to be a hoax. My reasoning is this. When the video is first started the camera is already aimed at a particular part of the swamp. It does not vary much from that pov. The noise made by the people in the boat would have been enough to scare away most all swamp creatures.

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
“Yeah…I can even smell the creature!

I don’t want to reign on any parade here but…cant somebody just put a friend in a monkey suit and tape this view of this obscure looking creature from behind the bushes and say—look what I got.

Just questioning

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The military does a lot of Ranger training in the Florida swamps.... looks like a ghillie suit too!

edit on 31-10-2015 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I think it is a gorilla, look at his head closer, it looks just like a gorilla.

The arms are long as well. Perhaps it was a pet a long time ago and escaped from his owner and learned to live in the wilderness.

I do not believe it is a big foot.

Also gorillas move slowly as I have seen them in the zoo's and this creature does move slowly.

posted on Nov, 4 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The footage is very convincing, though the only bit of skepticism that I have is when the figure comes into the picture, there is light that seems to impair the movement of the figure in the distance. Unless I'm looking at it on my screen with a glare, the light appears only at the point the figure comes into the picture.

posted on Nov, 5 2015 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TXRabbit

Not inconsistent with a bear, and there are many in that area. Oh, and they do try to catch the occasional fish.
The figure is so highly obscured as to be non analyzable. My guess is Bigfoot is adapted to mountain forests and not jungle forests.
Another way to fake it is to film an Ape on another continent and then post as having been taken locally in the USA
edit on 5-11-2015 by cryptic0void because: (no reason given)

<< 28  29  30   >>

join