It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush - R40 Tour

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

It costs money to put on a show like they do. They have quite the road crew that has to be paid. They aren't the ones setting the ticket prices either and that's a whole discussion in itself. Then there's Ticketbastard. It also seems, from what I have read, that tickets aren't even available they are being bought up in the first seconds by scalpers then resold on Ticketgouger at inflated prices. That was my understanding though I may be wrong. I never knew Ticketraper even had that option but I rarely use it.

Sure, none of that changes the fact the tickets aren't cheap. I'm just saying it's not all the bands fault.

posted on Feb, 5 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher

Maybe we will get Jacob's Ladder this time around?

Scored floor seats for June 25th. My son Jacob's birthday, one of his favorite bands.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Not bad, not great, but it'll do. I'm on the side whereas I would rather have been a little more center. Since I'm not doing this like the last couple times, buying a seat a day or two before the show, I didn't end up all the way to the side of the stage. I'm off at a angle this time I'll be able to see the show.

That was the best I could afford and I did that as soon as I could, bloody Ticketbastards. Thirty seconds after tix go on sale and that's the best I could get. It's pretty sad how it all works.

After July 25, I can die but not before then. That's all I care about.
edit on 2/6/2015 by TheSpanishArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Should have updated this earlier but forgot. Anyone see Geddy on That Metal Show or Rock Icons? TMS has Geddy and John Petrucci, quite cool.

He ranked PW(1980, not 1985) over 2112 AND Hemispheres. I'm thinking he got that one wrong. Signals got a rough deal also, being ranked under the first album. Huh. And ATWAS over E...SL. Another Huh, but I do get his reasoning. Exit is a bit sterile, even if there is some magic on there with La Villa and Xanadu.

Rock Icons. Classy. Very well done. For half a hour, it hit all the points it needed to.

Sweet mini tribute to Rush tonight.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Kiel Auditorium, St Louis, MI, February 14 1980 (cd pre-order)

Recorded on Valentine's Day 1980, shortly after the release of Permanent Waves, this forceful live set captures the legendary Canadian trio at their Progressive best.

A digitally mastered high quality recording featuring the entirety of a radio broadcast, Kiel showcases several of the band's best-loved material, and comes with background liner notes and images.

Pre-order for 27th April release.

It's missing a few tunes as it's a cut radio broadcast but from all accounts it's a good sounding show. This one and The Spirit of St. Louis from the Moving Pictures tour are some of the more well regarded boots out there.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Five days until the end, for me.

Is anyone out there? It's ok, I'm used to talking to myself.

These three simple, yet complex(aren't we all?) guys from Canada, of all places, have helped influence me and shape me into the totally and incomplete screwup I am today.

Without them, I'd be so much worse off, it's ridiculous to even think about. No joke, I'd most likely be dead without the music of Rush and the lyrics of Neil Peart.

With the recent passing Chris Squire, it's starting to hurt more and more, that the end is nearing. Nearly the end for all the musicians I grew up with and admired.

I don't care how I get there, but I'll be there. If you aren't, well, you are missing one of the last great bands you could ever see.

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheSpanishArcher
I'm here. They were great in Philly last month. Did you preview the set list yet?

posted on Jul, 20 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

No, I need some surprises. I already know more than I want to about what's going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join