It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true identity of Jesus as the image of God

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Did the Greeks know about synapsis firing?

Hmm, I have never read that one before. Zeus also sits on Mt. Olympus and raped Ganymede and ate his own children. That's pretty brutal, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

The two alone cannot accurately describe light but together they describe light by creating it. Light is an accurate description of light and it is both particle and wave. Just like you can't accurately describe the universe with only space, you must have time and thus spacetime to accurately explain the universe.

There is no life without the Spirit. What is the difference between a dead body and an alive body?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So humans made humans?

Is something that was a human made humans in it's image of what it used to look like? If i recall. A human is not a manifesting Spirit. We are flesh and blood. God is not.

Jesus is flesh and blood. So he obviously isn't God.

A human Yeah. A son of God yes. Because everyone of us was created by humans currently. So when a non physical human creates humanity. That makes that non physical human our father.
So in obviousness. All humans, male and female. Are sons and daughters of God.

Jesus was just speaking the obvious in the Text. and the roman catholic church under paul pulled the guise that Jesus was a supernatural being. I don't believe in Jesus because the religion is simply to young and has no monuments to look up to to bear any truth what so ever. But that is just me.

Text is not enough evidence. I like to see things with my own eyes. That is where i develop my faith. My faith involves E.T So i am already seperated from every current religion in Earths existances. But at the same time, As ancient as the land itself. At least i think so. but sadly the E.T i have been influenced by are made of dark energy. Everything is technically light tho. Well will be, at one point or another. Solid mass such as rocks will give light onces heated or reacting with a chemical. So i guess everything has light but i wouldn't exactly call it the most important aspect to existance. Because our existance itself is living on a solid mass. Not the sun. I believe living on the surface of the sun would be quite dull.

The first couple hours would be exciting. But after it would seem like a prison and wanting to leave would be the first thing on my mind.

Now Earth, With the presence of so many elements and tempered by the cold and hot to create a climate that i can manage with.

I would be quite pissed if all i experienced was daylight. Equaly i'd be pissed of it was always night.
So this light vs Dark thing. I don't really feel the same about it as everyone else. Because i don't see it as a battle to be won.

Morality can never be attributed to simple states of existance. There isn't a duality in reality. We only define that duality because we have crap night vision. If we had night vision than simply being cold would become our enemy lol.
Our bodies require a very delicate balence between the all forces in order to exist.

As for light of Spirit. I don't really understand what it means. Other than Energy is Spirit, Which is true because energy can be programed. And if energy can be programmed it can contain memory. So in technicality, It's not a photon and electron like *Light* wave particle per-se but it is still energy in it's own right.

And anything that is non-physical but is programmed to act alive would be technically a light spirit i guess. You wouldn't see any light and as light requires a photon to even be called light it's not really light. But energy.

I also don't think the people in the bible knew the difference between light and energy. It borrowed a lot from Egypt the solar cults. Which did have a duality of light vs darkness personified as Ra the Falcon-Lion And Apipe- personification of darkness, The Great serpent. Just like in the book of revolations with the serpent being cast down into the pit.

Ehhh Even those people who wrote that stuff were mostly greek. Because it was written after Alexander the great. Which was 2300+ years ago. Fits exactly where it should be. 300BC = 2300 Years.

Now think of modern egyptology. According to this, The Sphinx would of been 150 years old after the *Old* Egyptian Empire fell. The pyramids are not far off with the theory they were made in 20 years. It's pretty clear that something isn't right here. According the Alexander, the Sphinx was burried up to its neck in sand by the time he arrived. When he arrived the nose of the Sphinx had already been damaged. The structure required reconstruction. Which the romans and greeks did and it's recorded that the bricks around the arms have been repaired there.

It has water weathering. 2500 years ago there still is no rain there. It's pretty hard to Judge what our true history is when a huge portion of our religion and history is only 2000-3000 years old. Steming back to sammaria. Which spent extensive time in Egypt. Way before the Greeks arrived there and developed their merging of ancient egyptian gods and greek panthion. Christianity draws up on Judaism which borrowed from the greek and Summarian religions to forge it's own creation myths. They all lived and traveled in the general area to make it possible. So what ever it is, Meh.

The ice-age was 14 thousand years ago around 12,000-15,000 years ago. I highly dought these people have the answers. But their obsession with astronomy is pretty interesting.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
So, do something God-like.

I hear all kinds of people saying they are gods, so do something godly.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: WarminIndy

Good works are godly, they show you have faith in God. Faith without works is ungodly or dead. How can I prove I'm godly? By showing you good works.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Good works are godly, they show you have faith in God. Faith without works is ungodly or dead. How can I prove I'm godly? By showing you good works.

Jesus taught about the unjust judge. Yes, even bad people sometimes do good things, does that make them godly?

You could be an absolute jerk to everyone, but doing good deeds sometimes isn't enough. Jesus was teaching that. How many good deeds does it take to be godly? Someone can do more good deeds than you, are they more godly?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

An absolute jerk does not do good deeds to begin with, so of course his deeds won't save him.

So if someone is starving on the street and I go through a drive-thru and get them some food plus give them $100, what exactly was I lacking in helping my neighbor out?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

An absolute jerk does not do good deeds to begin with, so of course his deeds won't save him.

So if someone is starving on the street and I go through a drive-thru and get them some food plus give them $100, what exactly was I lacking in helping my neighbor out?

An absolute jerk does good things sometimes. The unjust judge as Jesus taught.

And if you gave your neighbor food from a fast food restaurant and $100 to boot, why didn't you invite him to your home, help him find a job and then help him move into his own home?

I've given money also, but that's temporary and certainly not worthy enough to brag about, because there's a whole lot of people paying it forward.

Doesn't make you godly, it just means you were nice to someone at that moment.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Sometimes there is only so much you can do. I cannot afford to take someone in, I'm barely making it on my own. What good would it be if we both ended up homeless and starving?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Sometimes there is only so much you can do. I cannot afford to take someone in, I'm barely making it on my own. What good would it be if we both ended up homeless and starving?

Then if you are that close to poverty, maybe you should not be giving that much money away?

But have faith, you do have faith, so have faith that if you did that, you would be blessed.

Luke 18

18 And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint; 2 Saying, There was in a city a judge, which feared not God, neither regarded man: 3 And there was a widow in that city; and she came unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. 4 And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; 5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me. 6 And the Lord said, Hear what the unjust judge saith. 7 And shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him, though he bear long with them? 8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

Will He find faith on earth when He returns? The unjust judge still did something good.

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican. 12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess. 13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner. 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.

Your works should never be something you think are your righteousness, even the Pharisee thought it was sufficient, but he was not justified. Good works simply are not enough.

18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life? 19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.

If you think that by doing good is godly, and use Jesus as the comparison, Jesus said He is not good, because goodness to you and goodness to Him are different.

None is good, not you, not me, none. No matter how many good things you might do, it isn't godliness.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Good post. I'm commenting to keep track. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

If you think that by doing good is godly, and use Jesus as the comparison, Jesus said He is not good, because goodness to you and goodness to Him are different.

How did you come to the conclusion that he said that because his version of good is different from ours? There's no indication of that in the passage. Are you saying Jesus said "good" in two different contexts within seconds of each other? If so, why didn't he clearly differentiate them?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

How did you come to the conclusion that he said that because his version of good is different from ours? There's no indication of that in the passage. Are you saying Jesus said "good" in two different contexts within seconds of each other? If so, why didn't he clearly differentiate them?

Jesus thought it good to come to this world to be mocked and scorned, to go to the cross, to be beaten and scourged and to die, then to raise Himself up again and then to go away to prepare a place for those who believe and then come again as the warrior and take His own away with Him.

You cannot lay your life down and take it up again.

He thought it good to say "The Son of Man has no place to lay his head" and had less than you but still fed five thousand with just two loaves of bread and five fishes.

You've already indicated your lack of faith and demonstration of fear in that you could not take the homeless into your home. You could at one time give him fast food and money, but where is that person today?

Did you save him and bring redemption to his life?

You gnostic guys talk a good talk, but at the end of the day you lay down in your bed to sleep as a human and rise up in the morning as a human, with all of your flaws intact. Seems to me if you were godly, you might not have flaws. But you do.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

I don't think you understand. If there is no separation, no beginning and end, why call it two different things?

I see the entire concept more in your understanding. There is an eventual separation and there must be a end to everyone's earthly image. That is why we die. The earthly body is the image of people and that body does perish and return to its source. But then the image (body of identification) is given back to the spirit as a celestial covering. The spirit then ends up with both celestial image and portion of spirit in the same pattern as God is.

I see all of this as more physical than I do bodiless consciousness. I see God as a two portion entity. An Image (Word) and Spirit (Likeness). In that respect I see God as creating us in like manner as He is. As the new celestial person enters the kingdom of heaven (New Jerusalem) it then eats and drinks the food and water of life as is shown in Revelation. By this I simply cannot see where it is a bodiless consciousness or complete unseen metaphoric spiritualism.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

And what exactly has Jesus done to save people from suffering? Does he not allow people to starve to death every day? How is he any better than me or you in that case? Jesus has already shown his lack of faith by not helping that homeless man and letting him starve just as much as I have. Neither of us did anything right? At least in my case I have a reason, Jesus does not, he is supposedly all-powerful.

Why didn't Jesus take them with him when he was here first? Wouldn't it have saved a lot of people from suffering if he had finished the job at the cross instead of waiting a few more thousand years? Oh wait, he does say it's finished.

John 19
30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished." With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Yet... it isn't finished and was nowhere near being finished 2,000 years ago. He still has to come back. When will that happen? Probably after we have destroyed the planet beyond repair. How convenient for those who are in power.

Again, what more has Jesus done than I have? If Jesus is all-powerful yet you call me ungodly for not taking a homeless man into my house, what does that say about Jesus' total lack of action of any kind?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

You went too far when you said we are Jesus.

We are all in Jesus' body, even the Godhead is in Jesus' body, but we are not Jesus.

How to understand the distinction is by understanding God.
Father is the Soul / Awareness / Mind / Translator / Seer.
Son is the Body / Image / Form.
The Holy Ghost is the Spirit / Will / Ability / Force / Desire.

All awareness is from Father, all form is from Jesus, all force is from The Holy Ghost, and they each imbue the others with their qualities.

So each has their own awareness (like Jesus not knowing the time but Father does.) And each has their own spirit (like Father's spirit is to be Father and Jesus' is to be Son.) And each has their own body (Like Father remaining a spiritual body, the Holy Ghost being a dove, and Jesus being a man at the time of Jesus' baptism.)

And in that same sense, Father has translated us (our spirits) into his Son, so as to reproduce his awareness in our souls; and his awareness is of the Spirit... just like these words here are the image of my awareness, and my awareness is of my spirit, my desire to reproduce my awareness in you, so that you reproduce (image) the Truth of the spirit.

Truth = [spiritual] form.

Oh and our spirit is that of Bride/Church. We are meant to take in the spirit of the Son, and image/translate it into the body/our body/into the light/into form.

Oh and in the end, God will be all in all. All awareness of the Spirit will be translated into the Light. 1 Corinthians 15:28
edit on 1/26/2015 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

Thanks for your reply.

Jesus says that we are all one and that we are "inside" of each other, that implies we are the same as him.

Matthew 5
14 You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.

He calls us (his disciples) the light of the world just as he calls himself the light of the world. He is preaching equality for all here, not that he is better than us.

We all have the ability to fulfill Jesus' commands, which is the law of love.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You are [of] God's breath (the desire to reproduce his awareness of Bride/Church).

You are not Father, Son, or Holy Ghost.

Only when you take in the spirit of the Son, do you even become heirs, or children of God.(Church.)

You take in the spirit and you hear the Word. (You obtain a seed by seeing/translating the spirit within.)(Faith.)

Then you are supposed to go plant that seed. (Translate it into the light so it becomes.)(Work.)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

I disagree. What the bible describes is life itself, only in allegory and metaphor. Jesus' story is a parable within itself, describing what we go through in this world. We carry our cross (burden) and then we are put on the cross and we suffer (state of our world today) until we die on that cross of suffering. Luckily though we will rise again just like Jesus' story allegorizes, except we don't rise in the same body, we rise into a new one.

I am the Son of God, and so are you. The Father is the Spirit that gives life to ALL things, the Holy Ghost is the material world or "Mother", the Son is where the Father and Mother (Spirit and material) come together to form the image or Son. When someone dies, their Spirit leaves the body, at conception the Spirit enters the body. We are both body and Spirit, we are the image of God.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

We are in the image - we are not the image/Son ourselves.

And again, you are not even an heir unless you take in the spirit of the Son (it is the difference in son and man and son of God and son of Satan).

Also, The Holy Ghost is a he, and Jesus is matter/matrix/logos. Jesus is the form of things seen and unseen, and the Spirit is the will/purpose/desire of God. And you are the will/purpose/desire to be Church/Bride.

You are one with Jesus in the sense that a man was made from matter, and woman from man, and then you become one, like a man and woman become one. We take his spirit/desire into us (he is our head) and we conceive it (we are the body of Church). (I am in you and you are in me.)

And we are in Father, as in his mindscape, in his awareness.

"only in allegory and metaphor"
You think this is not literal?

The images/forms are language/words. If anything is a metaphor, it is us. We are in the image of what is in the Spirit.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join