It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true identity of Jesus as the image of God

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeeep

We are both inside and outside of the image as well as the image itself. We are a body and we are a Spirit that animates the body. The body is IN the image, the Spirit is the one looking at the image from the "outside" and into the image and at the body.

The Holy Ghost is what's inside the image, it is the material world within the image or Son. The Son is both body and Spirit, Father and Holy Ghost.

We will have to agree to disagree I suppose.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
God is The Spirit of Life.
Jesus is the perfect image of God.

Humanity is to leave sin/death and be One with Jesus as obedient to The Spirit of Life which brings the fruits of Love, Peace, and Joy. Love is patient and kind, start there (if you haven't already).

The path is narrow and Jesus (being the image of Love ) is the only way.

God is pure and holy, and while reality is everything. God is not. God is good holy and pure and evil death and impurity is but a shadow compared to God's Holy Light and the darkness will Burn as God's Love and Light shine through so be One with Light and reject all evil darkness and wickedness against Love and Life.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
God is The Spirit of Life.
Jesus is the perfect image of God.

Humanity is to leave sin/death and be One with Jesus as obedient to The Spirit of Life which brings the fruits of Love, Peace, and Joy. Love is patient and kind, start there (if you haven't already).

The path is narrow and Jesus (being the image of Love ) is the only way.

God is pure and holy, and while reality is everything. God is not. God is good holy and pure and evil death and impurity is but a shadow compared to God's Holy Light and the darkness will Burn as God's Love and Light shine through so be One with Light and reject all evil darkness and wickedness against Love and Life.

I am not sure what you meant in "while reality is everything, God is not".

Please explain what you mean in that sentence.

As as God is holy, we are to worship in the beauty which is holiness.
edit on 1/27/2015 by WarminIndy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Personally, I don't see anything in the OP where 3NL1GHT3N3D1 claimed to be God, or even "Godly". When Jesus was asked what were the two most important Commandments, he replied that the first was to love God with all your might, and the second was to love your neighbor as yourself. So if anyone helps a fellow human in distress, whether it's by offering a hot meal, a few dollars, or a "cup of cold water", that is following the Commandment, is it not?

However, any act of kindness or compassion, in the Christian way as taught by Jesus, should always be done with humility. Jesus not only taught to give alms in secret (take no credit for yourself, Matthew 6:1), but he emphasized that "No one is good but one, that is your Father in Heaven" (Luke 18:19). If the holiest man to ever tread this earth would deny himself as being good, I doubt you will find an illumined Christian who will refer to him- or herself as "godly".

No human being is God, but the Kingdom of God is within each of us. There is a huge difference.

Blessings!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FathersGrace

Thanks for your reply brother.

No I do not claim to be a prophet or God or the Messiah, I'm just a regular guy who (in my opinion) has figured a few things out. I'm a part of God but God is much greater than I am, we're all parts of God because we're his image.

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I am thoroughly impressed. Not that it should mean something
to anyone, but just to clarify my own astonishment at being so.

SnF

posted on Feb, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Thanks randy! I never thought I'd get a S&F from YOU!!!!

Thanks brother.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
The "Image of God" is the universal, mathematical blueprint that expresses the Divine paradigm - God's nature, as manifested in all levels of reality.

This mathematically perfect design has been discovered.

It is the Otz Chiim (the Kabbalistic Tree of Life).
It is the Tantric Sri Yantra.
It is the Taoist binary number table of 64 hexagrams.
It is the mathematically complete set of five Platonic solids.
It is the Catalan polyhedron called the disdyakis triacontahedron.
It is the 8-dimensional 421 polytope, also called the Gosset polytope.

If you want to discover how all these are mathematically equivalent, or isomorphic, representations of the same, holistic pattern that the bible poetically refers to as "the image of God," then study the research at:
smphillips.8m.com...

edit on 15-2-2015 by micpsi because: Typo corrected

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Just as fictional thought, how do you confront the issue, of your lover walking in the way of sin so that they do things to show you love, but they are unconsciously not aware that -

1.You can see that they are lying because they proved it later, yet they are in denial, which means they are a hypocrite.

2.Their objective in reality is to emotionally manipulate you which indeed means the object is to make you suffer.

3.Material things have define their emotional point of view, which is why you are an object of control, because they see that you are free and they have envy.

I know that a good answer is to separate from any person that does that, but initially when the action is taking place. I am guessing that in Jesus Christ you love them with compassion and still give them your 100% during all contacts until the opportunity to arise of the separation. Which means you act like a servant.

posted on Feb, 15 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Many people are confusing reality (all things - including unholiness) with God ( only holiness). That's what I meant. Mostly new agers and nonduality people.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

If God created everything then everything must be of his nature. Where did evil come from if not from God? If there is no evil, balance is lost. The universe is a balancing act of epic proportions. If there is no evil then the meaning of good is lost. Evil is a necessary part of existence just as cold is a necessary part of the cycle of the seasons.

There is both duality AND non-duality within everything. We are the catalyst for existence, we have both a body and a Spirit, yet we are ONE. Two things (duality) coming together to create the ONE (non-duality) existence. The key is being able to see it both ways. To truly recognize duality, you must recognize the non-duality that comes with everything, you must recognize that you are both body and Spirit yet ONE entity that is created from that duality.

I prefer good, but I do not deny the necessity of evil. Jesus says do not resist an evil person, in the same way do not resist the idea that evil is a necessity of existence.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
A few things I should point out.

If you read genesis, god makes man twice.

In gen1, god makes "mankind" in his own image,(which is invisible or spirit) male and female he created them... Spirit is both genders.

In gen2 god forms the first "man" out of dust. This is the creation of the body which is NOT the image of god as god is invisible.

12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

You already know my view of darkness and the hidden light, and so did jesus apparently.

1 Corinthians 10
17 Because there is one loaf, we, who are many, are one body, for we all share the one loaf.

The image mankind were created in, was without form and void... This was the loaf before the days of sliced bread... and the making of Adam or the body out of the dust of the earth. Adam was not created in those first seven days he was "formed" after out of what god had created previously.

edit on 7-3-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
This video is about the One loaf, Adam kadmon, first born over all creation, created in the image... Etc...

He is not the stars per se, but more the figure walking among the candle sticks. God made the stars and said let them be for signs.

edit on 9-3-2015 by Wifibrains because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   
In the gospel of Thomas, Jesus describes the how to enter the kingdom, the instructions appear to describe the original blueprint from gen1(macroprosopus).

posted on Mar, 16 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aphorism

The heart. A full duplex communication with the inner and outer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join