It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geico 'push it, push it real good' .. someone make it STOP!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:36 AM
link   
SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!

That dang awful Geico commercial ... 'push it, push it real good'.
People named 'salt and peppa' do it? Never heard of them before.
This freak'n thing is on every channel ... all the time.

What the heck do those three women saying over and over 'push it real good' have to do with insurance? And their 'music' (if you can call it that) is annoying as hell ... like fingernails on a chalk board. The running joke in the house and with neighbors is that when this commercial pops up, it's a rush to see who can get to the remote first to turn off the sound.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"Push It" was a hit for them back in the ....80s?
Anyway, Geico uses old stars to promote their insurance and some of them are pretty funny, but I completely agree on this one, Get It Off!! Every time I see it, I hit mute as fast as possible.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
I know that I shouldn't do this, but....

Salt and Peppa GOT FAT!

Oh, and DJ Spinderella DID TOO!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I literally lol'ed when I saw this title. The only time that song was good was in my early teen/tween days at the skating rink rocking my mall hair/bangs, my rolled up pants, 2 pair of different colored slouchy socks pushed down for effect, and getting my friend's older brother to pick us up in his Trans Am or Monte Carlo...

I'll leave out my swatch watch, leg warmers, and hypercolor tshirt.

If that blast from the past isn't enough to blow your hair back, I don't know what is.

But yeah... The commercial makes no sense.

originally posted by: butcherguy
I know that I shouldn't do this, but....

Salt and Peppa GOT FAT!

Oh, and DJ Spinderella DID TOO!

I soooooo was not going to go there even though I was thinking it the whole time I was typing out my post. Shame on us both lol.

edit on 1/26/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I feel the same way when any of the MSM news is on. Its all BS dumbed down for the masses and trying to sell you something.

Turn it off.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
But yeah... The commercial makes no sense.

And it's so freak'n annoying. Whoever these people are (or were) they are talentless. And that 'song' (if you can call it that) drones on and on .. over and over. ARGH!! It's a race to the mute button each and every time that crap pops up ...

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

If you haven't ever heard it all the way through before, just take what you've heard in the commercial and repeat it for 4 minutes straight. Truly. That's about all it was.

It's like an old record that had a skip in it. Groundhog Day meets rap lol.

edit on 1/26/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Groundhog Day meets rap

Just when I thought my nightmares couldn't get any worse.....

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:04 AM
link   
We have heard it so many times.

The family has completely choreographed a new Push It Dance.

I'm not joking. We gave in.

Kind of an "if you can't beat them" thing.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!

That dang awful Geico commercial ... 'push it, push it real good'.
People named 'salt and peppa' do it? Never heard of them before.
This freak'n thing is on every channel ... all the time.

What the heck do those three women saying over and over 'push it real good' have to do with insurance? And their 'music' (if you can call it that) is annoying as hell ... like fingernails on a chalk board. The running joke in the house and with neighbors is that when this commercial pops up, it's a rush to see who can get to the remote first to turn off the sound.

I actually love this commercial.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Shame on us both lol.

yeah,that's how I felt at first, but now that I think about it a bit more,
I am sure they were paid handsomely for doing the commercial, all fat and all.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i haven't had a television for more than 10 years, i had a short lived period 3 years ago when i got internet tv because you could get all those really cool documentary channels...that...have all turned into reality tv shows about pawning stuff or fixing stuff or shooting stuff or eating stuff...

so now i'm back to no tv.
But part of me misses the commercials, they still are the most inventive thing on tv...and that's all sorts of depressing

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Love the song, hate the commercial. The commercial actually makes me sad because I was about 13 when it came out and Salt 'n Peppa were the 1st breakout all girl rap group which was a major thing at the time. It's dance music, not Mozart.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I don't take it that seriously. Salt and Peppa were a popular rap group in the 80's and 90's. This commercial is intended for their fans who are potential customers.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
I don't take it that seriously. Salt and Peppa were a popular rap group in the 80's and 90's. This commercial is intended for their fans who are potential customers.

I wonder if the guy pushing the lawn mower has cancelled his policy?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Ugh, I know. Their commercials with Flo are usually funny and the gecko is charming and appealing but this is just annoying. What does pushing it have to do with insurance anyway.
While we're at it lets get rid of "Enjoy the go" in Charmin commercials. Yuck. We all know what toilet paper is for. Tell us it's soft, tell us it cleans and its strong. Don't tell us have a party on the potty.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I am surprised you never heard of Salt and Peppa though. I'm 57 not into rap music and I know who they are.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I rush to mute when the Christian mingle commercials come on.
Like God needs a computer dating service to match you up. Flies in the face of free will when they tell you " find God's match for you" .

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Shame on you for having eyes and making an observation? No you're both fine. You didn't go up to them and say "hey lardo you put on a few pounds"reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

edit on 1262015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I love this commercial.
It's great.

btw. spinderella.. if i was single. I'd hit it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join