It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geico 'push it, push it real good' .. someone make it STOP!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why did they get rid of the gecko? I liked the geico gecko I would actually watch the commercials with the gecko which is unusual for me because I don`t watch commercials I mute them and do something else until they are over.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hey, I rocked it back in the day with one of those leather letter jackets they wear in the commercial. Hee!

But. I lived it once. I don't need to live through it again...especially 75 times a day.

I agree. Time for Salt & Pep to go to the big record dustbin at Peaches.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
You never heard of Salt n Pepa? Really!!?? Then I guess you never heard of Spinderella either. LoL! FF, you were just too dang responsible and straight-laced for your own good during the 9Os.
Did you ever go clubbing? Turn on MTV? If we had run together back then, I would have dragged your butt out to a Ladies Night.

edit on 1/26/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Yep, 56 and I know who they are too. I don't know how you could have never heard of them.

Oh, my wife is 33 and loves that commercial.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

And, the "Most Annoying Commericial" Award goes to PROGRESSIVE!

^^^ This one made me want to rip my face off!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Salt and peppa were famous back in the day for this song....never really liked them myself.

Why is it the only good looking one of all 3 is the keyboard player?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
Then I guess you never heard of Spinderella either. LoL!

Nope. Never heard of them either.

Did you ever go clubbing?

Mid 1980s I went to clubs in Tokyo.
It was all Japanese music.
Drank waaaay too many lemon sour shochus.

Japanese Shochu Cocktails

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I don't find it that annoying.

But then if it was on 15 million times a day...

My pet bugbear are the McDonald's ads, any of em.

It's the whistling at the end.

Agghh. No.

No, no.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
My pet bugbear are the McDonald's ads, any of em..

The commercial with dancing french fries on the park bench that McDonalds put out a few months back just made me want to scream. DUMB! At least they didn't have these Salt /n Peppa' puds bopping around ... what does 'push it real good' have to do with insurance anyways? ARGH!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
My memory might be wrong on this, but I could have sworn Push It was about sex, lol. Which makes the Chef Boyardee commercial it was in with the kid dancing to it reaaally awkward to watch. The Geico one is just a trainwreck.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We get the Charter commercial too much up here, the one where they are dancing in the offices and look like they are all on Coke. I didn't mind the ones with the three angels and the bikers, but this one gets so obnoxious when it is played every break.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Okay people, it's Salt 'n Pepa. THIS is Peppa. This is Pepper. And this is Pippa. LoL!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack
First, you are correct,, and I would like to humbly apologize for inserting an extra 'p' when referring to Pepa.

Second, I vote for Pippa!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I normally ignore this commercial right up until the very end. The poor guy pushing his lawnmower and looking so offended/scared with them chasing him around the lawn makes me laugh. I can't help it.

And now that you've griped about it, I'll be thinking of you out there with him and laughing even harder.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I hate it, too. It's all over TV. Also, I was trying to watch a show on youtube and the dang thing kept popping up. I was about to scream. I really don't consider that crap music at all. In fact, during a show for Frank Sinatra's birthday party years back those bafoons were on it. They tried singing and couldn't. Then, they said, "That's why we're rappers." Yeah, you're rappers because you have absolutely no talent at all.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
For some reason we all love this one...

Mike Mike Mike

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You have to be like 10 to not know who Salt N Peppa are lol. I have no problems with it. The fact of the matter is Geico got exactly what they wanted and that is for people to remember it. I remember it because I like it and you remember it because you hate it.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: CJCrawley
My pet bugbear are the McDonald's ads, any of em..

The commercial with dancing french fries on the park bench that McDonalds put out a few months back just made me want to scream. DUMB! At least they didn't have these Salt /n Peppa' puds bopping around ... what does 'push it real good' have to do with insurance anyways? ARGH!

Sex Sells. There ya go. I answered your question. It's a chorus, or a refrain, from a rap about sex. Geico is being sneaky and using sex to sell car insurance.

Push It Lyrics

Yo, yo, yo, yo, baby-pop
Yo, yo, yo, yo, baby-pop
Yeah, you come here, gimme a kiss
Better make it fast or else I'm gonna get pissed
Can't you hear the music's pumpin' hard like I wish you would?
Now push it

Push it good
Push it real good
Push it good
P-push it real good

There are plenty of songs Salt-N-Pepa are known for, including some extremely raunchy ones, and some not so raunchy. They could have used one of their popular non-raunchy songs, but they picked a sex song. Why do you think that was? Because in advertising, sex sells. Period.
edit on 1/26/2015 by Anyafaj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!

OK, how about I'm getting some cold cuts, I'm getting some cold cuts, number 44 I am getting some cold cuts tonight

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 19KTankCommander

And now my hubby says that each time he makes a sandwich.

Reality: We just ditched GEICO. I had it for 17 years. We asked them to quote us again and we shopped a few other insurers as well. Not only did they barely come off of the rate we were paying but they were the most expensive quote and we had zero claims with them during all of that time.

All of these cutesy commercials that play multiple times per hour on multiple (dozens?) of channels has got to cost a lot of money and customers pay for that in their premiums.

edit on 1/26/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join