It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geico 'push it, push it real good' .. someone make it STOP!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The commercial becomes even more depressing when you realize that one of the women became a staunch born-again Christian awhile back and refused to do old salt n peppa songs during an attempted come-back because it conflicted with her morals. Yet a few years later she is doing Geiko commercials featuring the same music she detested a few years prior.

Bet she regrets that one.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: James1982

Well dang.

Then I, for one, hope she made a wheelbarrow full of money - just so she won't feel conflicted and regret it. If you're going to sell out, GO BIG!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982
The commercial becomes even more depressing when you realize that one of the women became a staunch born-again Christian awhile back and refused to do old salt n peppa songs during an attempted come-back because it conflicted with her morals. Yet a few years later she is doing Geiko commercials featuring the same music she detested a few years prior.

Doesn't take long before money becomes more attractive than morals.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

The spirit was willing, but the flesh is weak.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Hahaha omg I laughed so hard! I love this song and it's a karaoke must!

I don't have cable so I don't see commercials.

I got a friend of mine a baby card that when you opened it sang "push it" and it was for her baby shower, it was hilarious!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!

That dang awful Geico commercial ... 'push it, push it real good'.
People named 'salt and peppa' do it? Never heard of them before.
This freak'n thing is on every channel ... all the time.

What the heck do those three women saying over and over 'push it real good' have to do with insurance? And their 'music' (if you can call it that) is annoying as hell ... like fingernails on a chalk board. The running joke in the house and with neighbors is that when this commercial pops up, it's a rush to see who can get to the remote first to turn off the sound.

Your telling your age here I believe,

Most people in America that was around in the 80's have heard that song.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Since the song has to do with sex, I suppose Geico is subliminally suggesting that they're giving their customers the ol' in and out on their bill and coverage.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Wow!

I guess not watching television anymore has its upsides. lol

I only watched the commercial one time, and hit the mute button half way through.

originally posted by: FlyersFan
SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!

edit on 27-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Most people in America that was around in the 80's have heard that song.

I was stationed overseas ... in Japan ... during the mid 1980s.
I missed a lot of stuff apparently ... like break dancing and stuff.

(In other words, I didn't miss much).

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
They are targeting the demographic most likely to bring in some cash..

Oh and btw they're not talking about pushing a lawn mower...

(agreed.. terrible song.)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

The look of annoyance on the people's faces that they are singing it to was funny at first, but after 2 times I just change the channel now. It's beyond irritating.

Equally annoying are those William Devane buy gold commercials. I am so sick and tired of them shoving that down our throats.

Both of those commercials come on at least 100 times a day. Enough already. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
I rush to mute when the Christian mingle commercials come on.
Like God needs a computer dating service to match you up. Flies in the face of free will when they tell you " find God's match for you" .

You rock!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: James1982

Paycheck / Consumerism 1, Morals / Ethics 0 !!!!

Furthers my own viewpoint on those who burden themselves with morals and ethics....too cute

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I actually think the commercials are funny...

But, anything repeated ad nauseam does get old. I guess it's just how much you're paying attention.

[shrug]

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Well, that's what you get for watching television. It certainly earned the nickname "idiot box."

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   
When I rise to power, all people associated with the production of Geico commercials will be the first to go.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Personally, if that's your biggest concern, I'd like to introduce you to a little friend I like to call "Reality"

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nullafides
a reply to: ColeYounger

Personally, if that's your biggest concern, I'd like to introduce you to a little friend I like to call "Reality"

One person's crazyness is another person's reality.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
We get the Charter commercial too much up here, the one where they are dancing in the offices and look like they are all on Coke. I didn't mind the ones with the three angels and the bikers, but this one gets so obnoxious when it is played every break.

I think that commercial has slowly gave me a brain tumor.
The only time I had to force myself to either mute or change the channel until a commercial was over was with that one

Repetitive lyrics, awful actors, that "NINE NINE NINE" at the end. Ugh it literally has everything bad you can possibly put into a commercial to annoy and make people want to turn it off.
Charter Communications is bad enough, but that commercial is unbearable.
I rather listen to the Geico push it commercial 5 times in a row than the Charter one any more.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

One word.

TIVO

Plus Commerical Skip.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join