It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What TSA Agents Say They Found in Luggage Last Year. I Call BS.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Want to see some pure, 100% BS with absolutely no shame whatsoever?

www.theblaze.com... son-shanks/
On Friday, the Transportation Security Administration released its “Year in Review” blog post for 2014. According to the post, the TSA screened 653 million passengers at U.S. airports last year and discovered a plethora of dangerous items: hand grenades, fireworks, what appear to be prison shanks and more than 2,200 firearms — most of them loaded.

Imagine that! 2200 guns...In the airports! A 22% increase from 2013 and 83% of them LOADED as well. BS.

Some of the guns the TSA said they intercepted. More BS

Again I say BS

Some commenter wondered if "the TSA’s touted 2,212 recovered guns included the bust of a gun-smuggling ring, allegedly including Delta Air Lines employees, through which at least 153 guns were smuggled onto planes flying through the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport.?

Another:

"BULLPOOP BULLPOOP BULLPOOP……..the TSA is nothing but social engineering to gradually phase people into having their rights being violated. Nothing More nothing less."

Absolutely correct IMO because the more they catch the more they justify. Why do I call BS? For one reason let's look at the next comment:

"How were this army of guns not touted over and over again on the media?"

Bingo! About 6 guns per day and only now we're hearing about it? If it were anywhere close to the truth they would have been showing this on the MSM nightly propaganda hour to justify the need to strip us of our rights and the increase in groping sessions at the hands of thugs. Or at least a Monthly report? Quarterly? Nope. Just end of year and with a nice big photo. BS.

Second reason I call BS is that EVERYONE knows about the TSA and their invasive tactics at the airports. Not to mention stadiums etc. And where were these 2200 firearms found?

Carry on Luggage!

Now I know that some people are just plain short on the noodle stuff but 2200 guns in their carry ons? I call a huge BS!

No people. This is just pure and simple propaganda in order to justify their budget and to keep us under their thumb. I wonder when these stats (increased stats) are going to be used to rape us even further?

BS

Peace

edit on 24-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Well they are all small handguns an indication that they were confiscated in a setting like an airport.
Over the last couple of years TSA agents have been more thorough, meaning they will discover more illegal objects.
And, look at all the areas they were found in, places in the states where you'd expect to find some idiot carrying a firearm in their backpack at an airport.

If it were a ploy to take your rights away they'd come out with more eye catching weapons, like and Uzi or a big D.eagle hand cannon, or some sort of assault rifle, and then make it public right away, this is something casually made public, and seems to happen everyday.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Six guns per day. Spread across every check, at every airport across the entire nation. We have a lot of airports. Everyone who goes on a flight gets checked. That's a lot of people, at a lot of airports, over an entire year.

It doesn't sound at all unlikely to me.

However, if it's being used to try to wheedle for even more money and authority, that's BS. My bet is on the "increase" being due solely to some TSA agents actually doing the job they were hired for, rather than standing around scratching their tender bits all the live long day.

Hell, I'd estimate that six-per-day is a really lowball count of how many actually pass through undetected.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You are right of course but remember, gun lovers hates evidences.

They assume that every americans who own a gun are by definition perfectly sane angels who would NEVER try and smuggle some firearms on a plane.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Well they are all small handguns an indication that they were confiscated in a setting like an airport.
Over the last couple of years TSA agents have been more thorough, meaning they will discover more illegal objects.
And, look at all the areas they were found in, places in the states where you'd expect to find some idiot carrying a firearm in their backpack at an airport.

If it were a ploy to take your rights away they'd come out with more eye catching weapons, like and Uzi or a big D.eagle hand cannon, or some sort of assault rifle, and then make it public right away, this is something casually made public, and seems to happen everyday.

If they said that they were found in checked luggage or even on their body...ok, maybe. But carry on? C'mon, you can't really believe this. Right when you go through, take off your shoes, get raped and have your bags scanned?

No.

Why not bigger weapons? Because the smaller ones justify even more nooks and crannies to be groped.

Peace

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Hard to believe. It's not for lack of trying, though, they grope me about half the time and go through my luggage every time. We quit taking equipment as checked luggage years ago - they don't know what to make of it and flip out pretty much every time.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

If they said that they were found in checked luggage or even on their body...ok, maybe. But carry on? C'mon, you can't really believe this. Right when you go through, take off your shoes, get raped and have your bags scanned?

Not all americans are smart, you know.

25% Americans Don't Know Earth Orbits the Sun

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I'm going to second swanne - don't set your expectations high for common sense. You'll just be disappointed. Yes, carry-on. It's almost certainly a case of the Dumb every time, rather than anything nefarious, I'd imagine.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
So they're showing off what they supposedly found, so people will see it and figure that losing rights is a small price to pay for safety.

Like funding crimes so the public expects more police and less privacy. In other words, if you can't justify your existence you shouldn't exist.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The stats (most recent I could find) say that in 2010 631,939,829 people flew, domestic only. That's over 1.7 million per day. You really think there aren't an average of 6 incredibly stupid people flying every day?

When you look at the numbers of actual passengers flying on a daily basis (and again, those are numbers from 2010 and are domestic only) it doesn't seem so incredible to me.
edit on 24-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Reply to Swanne:

Not all americans are smart, you know. 25% Americans Don't Know Earth Orbits the Sun

Ok, got me there.

Peace

edit on 24-1-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
@swanne

It is sad that you would define smart as believing the earth revolves around the sun.
edit on 24-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Op i think it really depends on how they come to this number and what the procedure is if they find a gun in your carry on at the scanners.

I can believe that possibly a bunch of people tried to get a weapon in their carry on past a check point but it was discovered but not that many made it past any scanners and on to an aircraft.
edit on 24-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Six per day seems low to me.
Last summer I drove for va ca.
I packed my gun in a suitcase for the states where I could not carry.
I can see some one forgetting (leaving) a gun in a case only to discover it at the airport.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I worked checkpoints before the TSA. There were stretches we'd find six guns a week in carry on bags. Sometimes loaded, sometimes not. You have no clue the crap people take in their carry on bags.

The head of an explosives detection company took ten flights with a strip of PETN in his bag he forgot he had taken to a conference.

Not once did what we found make the news. Even when we had to call the bomb squad for check in bags.
edit on 1/24/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   

"BULLPOOP BULLPOOP BULLPOOP……..the TSA is nothing but social engineering to gradually phase people into having their rights being violated. Nothing More nothing less."

Preach it, brother! Spot on.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Except that you agree to be searched by buying a ticket. It's in the fine print.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
The head of an explosives detection company took ten flights with a strip of PETN in his bag he forgot he had taken to a conference.

I used to have this really great OD green canvas duck bag with a brass zipper that I originally fished out of a crate of mixed bags when I was in the Army, and had been using to pack around detcord, c4 and the like for a couple of years. Really loved that thing, no idea what came in it to start with.

After I got home, I used it as a carry-on bag for dive gear and the like because it fit the overheads and was nearly indestructable. Then they started doing nitrate sniffing one day. Wow, did they get upset. Who'd have thought it would still have that much RDX and PETN in the cloth?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sounds about right to me, given how may people fly and forget what they're carrying on.

These checkpoints are so hit or miss anyway. I remember the NYSP running the checkpoints at Stewart Field a few years back took my tweezers and let the guy behind me get on with a pretty big knife.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
The stats (most recent I could find) say that in 2010 631,939,829 people flew, domestic only. That's over 1.7 million per day. You really think there aren't an average of 6 incredibly stupid people flying every day?

When you look at the numbers of actual passengers flying on a daily basis (and again, those are numbers from 2010 and are domestic only) it doesn't seem so incredible to me.

What you are stating tho is that all 6 get caught.

Just for fun let's say that they never catch all the guns at the airports because of course they would never catch them all. Let's say 1 out of 100 just for numbers sake. That's 600 guns going thru check in baggage every DAY.

Numbers are just for fun but if they say they catch 6 how many are they NOT catching?

I still say this is just propaganda. Like the FBI setting up bombers then "catching them."

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join