It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ISIS beheads Japanese hostage, offers swap for another one - reports

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The significance of the 200m is that is what the coalition asked Japan to bring to the table in the fight against ISIS...

Whether they actually wanted it I don't know, they're pretty wealthy already.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Japan should go ww2 on there arses.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

What can be DONE?

That's the hard part. When you're fighting an enemy that looks just like an innocent civilian it proves to for a very challenging "boots on the ground" war. Most governments are doing the best they can with gathering intel and weeding out the terrorist.

We have made great strides with the Taliban and Al Qaeda, but there is always a new group waiting in the darkness to move in.

What is the common root cause with all of the terrorist groups over there. Religion. To fix a problem, you have to start at the root cause. Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

HAHA!! They don't have a good track record with that strategy.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I agree with you, but I mean EVERY terrorist organization, I realize the oil-grabbing is what's going on... and that's what makes this whole thing impossible to even talk about.

Its a set up, no its a real problem, no its both, well we cant MOVE with things like this.

What can be DONE?

International force made up of the best of best - 2000 mesters
Identify 100 targets across the appropriate countries
the networks and locations are known
many of the terrorists / leader are known
hit every target late and fast with the best at the exact same time so as to avoid warnings
kill 20 to 50 at each target - that's half the job done
follow up with 2nd wave whilst wounds are being licked
establish base camps for mopping up
job done
lesson taught
establish the MO for next time if.......

edit on 24-1-2015 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

HAHA!! They don't have a good track record with that strategy.

Well ISIS don't have nuke to drop on them

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Why does the US need to get into another way that we can't afford when we are just now turning our economy around?
You can't win this war, kill these guys and more will take their place, before isis it was AQ and it was the SAME song and dance.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Savages.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

The significance of the 200m is that is what the coalition asked Japan to bring to the table in the fight against ISIS...

Whether they actually wanted it I don't know, they're pretty wealthy already.

I agree, but that amount is one that both sides knew would be not paid and so the whole drama of whether a life would be saved or not was a facade. The guy was ear marked for death long before it happened.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
?? They asked for 200,000,000. It has been reported all over..am I missing something?
In regards to them wanting a particular female suicide bomber back..I wish it could happen in a very litteral sense.
Edit I see its been discussed.

edit on 24-1-2015 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

What can be DONE?

That's the hard part. When you're fighting an enemy that looks just like an innocent civilian it proves to for a very challenging "boots on the ground" war. Most governments are doing the best they can with gathering intel and weeding out the terrorist.

You don't need much intel when you invade the country properly... They hate us all SO MUCH, so I imagine they would be the ones with rifles and RPGs pointed at the international troops calling the shots in their homeland. That's what I mean, we need to stop being so damned cautious with them... The regular citizens will be grateful... and it MUST be an international effort so as to avoid the possibility of the terrorists saying "it's just the USA bullying us again!"

But of course, this will take a solid generation to make the shift, and ACTUALLY transparent motives and solutions (which we all know is impossible)

It is not the religion, religion is simply the vessel. You start attacking the religion itself and you bet this will breed more and more distorted jihadists... It is the nests. The people in these nations are terrified a LOT worse than any citizens abroad. With the conventional airstrike method, it makes us seem just as bad as the people we're targeting.

With the method I'm suggesting, it's like: Everybody in the WORLD is coming together to help you, to SHOW you how screwed up you've let your country become. We're gonna dig you out and take care of your infestation, and set you back on your feet. We're here for you, it's not just the USA trying to take everything over.

If it's left up to the USA though, I'm afraid that's exactly what will be seen, (because that's probably what our govt will attempt)

It MUST be international.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

link   

What can be DONE?

Has anyone ever sat down and asked them what it is they want.?
Let Iran, Iraq, The Jordanians and The Saudi's etc deal with them. I'm sick to the back teeth of these countries asking for western help when TSHTF all the while sitting back and doing nothing other than let us use their airspace to clean up a threat on their doorstep.

Remember how ISIS was created in the first place. We Armed The free Syrian Army and the Rebels in Lybia in a attempt to destabilize and topple both countries leaders..It worked in Lybia with Muammar Gaddafi, Yeah, we got Muammar but look what happened, The country is a mess...
Bashar al-Assad on the other hand turned out to a lot smarter then the west gave him credit. Hence the Reason ISIS are not attacking Syria. al-Assad Needs ISIS, ISIS Needs al-Assad.

i'm under no illusions that any one of those middle eastern countries are our friends...if it wasn't for $$$$$$ everyone of those countries would have multiple reasons to hate the West. and when they do finally team up. Jihad it will be.

How many Sleeper cells do these people have all over the World ready to strike, bring terror to our towns and cities. probably Hundreds, in twenty years time how many more will they have. probably thousands.

Now ask yourself this. How Many Sleeper Cells do we, the West have ready and willing to do the same, probably 0...Frightening thought aint it.

link   

Good point, I do not think people remember just how vicious and savage the Japanese can get outside of their "sumimasen" attitude we see today.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aqualung2012

Sounds like 2001-02 all over again.
How long do you suppose we stay there for?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
?? They asked for 200,000,000. It has been reported all over..am I missing something?
In regards to them wanting a particular female suicide bomber back..I wish it could happen in a very litteral sense.
Edit I see its been discussed.

Asking for 200,000,000 would be the same as asking for 200,000,000,000,000. Both sides knew 200 million would never be paid.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I assume facial recognition software.

-Tenth

For sure that could ID the "victims" but I am more curious how you verify any editing or effects. Whether or not the execution was for real. I know that there is no evidence to suggest otherwise as I am sure many will point out.

I am of the thinking that reporting these executions is giving validity to these actions. It seems to me that if these executions were real we would have trouble getting tje reports because it makes western nations look weak and vulnerable in the face of terrorism. Are we trying to give terrorism strength. I wouldn't even acknowledge this let alone prepare the world to accept it before there was even any verified evidence to confirm it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Good point, I do not think people remember just how vicious and savage the Japanese can get outside of their "sumimasen" attitude we see today.

Yeah that may be the only way to beat those monsters.

Let Japan lose.

Kamikaze against sucide bombers

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Remember how ISIS was created in the first place. We Armed The free Syrian Army and the Rebels in Lybia in a attempt to destabilize and topple both countries leaders..It worked in Lybia with Muammar Gaddafi, Yeah, we got Muammar but look what happened, The country is a mess...

ISIS was not created by the US. They were already there along with 100s of other ISIS type groups. Our funding and support was minimal otherwise they would have taken Syria. ISIS in IRAQ is so far removed from whatever was in Syria that got US support, to the point, that it is laughable to suggest it is even remotely the same force.

Different force, different objectives, different views, different extremism.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

What can be DONE?

How many Sleeper cells do these people have all over the World ready to strike, bring terror to our towns and cities. probably Hundreds, in twenty years time how many more will they have. probably thousands.

Now ask yourself this. How Many Sleeper Cells do we, the West have ready and willing to do the same, probably 0...Frightening thought aint it.

Not really, no.
We don't really do the sleeper cell terrorism thing first off... Secondly, let them try to start uprising here in the US... oh boy let them try. We're just ITCHING for someone to shoot at.

edit on 24-1-2015 by Aqualung2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Yeah that may be the only way to beat those monsters.

Let Japan lose.

Kamikaze against sucide bombers

I doubt they will go Kamikaze now, especially after being westernised.

Although the thought of them going all Kamikaze on ISIS is an ironic one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join