It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: ISIS beheads Japanese hostage, offers swap for another one - reports

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Remember how ISIS was created in the first place. We Armed The free Syrian Army and the Rebels in Lybia in a attempt to destabilize and topple both countries leaders..It worked in Lybia with Muammar Gaddafi, Yeah, we got Muammar but look what happened, The country is a mess...

ISIS was not created by the US. They were already there along with 100s of other ISIS type groups. Our funding and support was minimal otherwise they would have taken Syria. ISIS in IRAQ is so far removed from whatever was in Syria that got US support, to the point, that it is laughable to suggest it is even remotely the same force.

Different force, different objectives, different views, different extremism.

I never said it was created by the US, I didn't even mention the US Once. If anything i said it was funded by Assad. Maybe you are confused between the Free Syrian Army and ISIS. one fighting against Assad, One Fighting for Assad.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aqualung2012

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: Aqualung2012
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

What can be DONE?

How many Sleeper cells do these people have all over the World ready to strike, bring terror to our towns and cities. probably Hundreds, in twenty years time how many more will they have. probably thousands.

Now ask yourself this. How Many Sleeper Cells do we, the West have ready and willing to do the same, probably 0...Frightening thought aint it.

We're just ITCHING for someone to shoot at.

OH, We've noticed.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
You know I really have to wonder if Japan may of been willing to pay? I imagine that would of created huge problems.
The amount was related to the $$ figure Japan was to kick in to the coalition. You are likley right though that they never expected the ransom.
I say send a fully loaded bomber back..too bad its not possible.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

The west wants the world to think they play war fairly but that seems to have been shown to be untrue.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Xtrozero

The significance of the 200m is that is what the coalition asked Japan to bring to the table in the fight against ISIS...

Whether they actually wanted it I don't know, they're pretty wealthy already.

Oh I see. I'm not putting words in your mouth Charlie but your post is the first I heard of this.

So this was a "pay us or pay us" situation?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
I doubt anyone plays fair.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

The west wants the world to think they play war fairly but that seems to have been shown to be untrue.

There is no such thing as fair in war...Why would there be?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't suppose OP you are aware that US congress gave 500 million dollars to Syrian rebels who after that became large scale ISIS

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Time to show the bastards how to take heads properly .. and make a mountain of IS heads ... let the bastards learn a lesson they wont forget ... paybacks are a bitch ..

I'm with the Samurai.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I'm not too sure to be honest, a Zero said ISIS probably didn't even want the money...

But rather to make a statement.

The man said the militant group demanded a $200 million ransom for the hostage’s lives to be paid within 72 hours. This is the same amount of money that Japan had pledged to pay as a contribution to the US-led campaign against IS.

This is from the RT source, although I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere too.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich

originally posted by: crazyewok
Japan should go ww2 on there arses.

HAHA!! They don't have a good track record with that strategy.

But did they learn from our example? I'm just writing down all the variables.

While there are currently no known plans in Japan to produce nuclear weapons, it has been argued that Japan has the technology, raw materials, and the capital to produce nuclear weapons within one year if necessary, and some analysts consider it a de facto nuclear state for this reason. For this reason Japan is often said to be a "screwdriver's turn" away from possessing nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For every one that wants boots on the ground and war and the US entering, where is the money gonna come from?

We just listened to barrys state of the union and the counter to everything he said was "where is the money going to come from"

Why does that question never come up when we are talking about war?

We just ended both of the wars we were just in.

The US federal price tag for the Iraq war — including an estimate for veterans' medical and disability costs into the future — is about $2.2 trillion dollars. The cost for both Iraq and Afghanistan/Pakistan is going to be close to $4.4 trillion, not including future interest costs on borrowing for the wars.

costsofwar.org...

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
RIP Wander, your journey is complete. I hope he did not suffer in pain. I hope it was swift.

I am so sick of these shock value murders in the name of religion.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: roadgravel

There is no such thing as fair in war...Why would there be?

That would seem to be the proper reasoning but there are things such as the Geneva Conventions. Often one side tries to convince the world it is more fair at war then the other.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Because war it the most important activity for the US. It is also very profitable for the MIC.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Put the wanted suicide bomber unconcious, implant a GPS device, and give her back to ISIS. In a day or two, unleash a few bombs.
edit on 1/24/2015 by EternalSolace because: Clarity

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The Drone is the new paradigm in all warfare.

Japan controls 60% of the worlds Robotic Industry

Japans manufacturing base produces 13 Million Automobiles per year.

I think Abe should show the world exactly what Japan could actually do if it felt like it now that the gloves are off so to speak, the truth is the Japanese could literally dominate the globe militarily in a year or so and the reason for that is Science is the rule of a modern world not having Billions of people, not being crazy over some "faith". The future is "Small high tech, economically productive, science based, socially unified nations that do not over reproduce" And Japan is Globally a prime example of what the rest of the world should strive for. They should demonstrate it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Dunno what to say here.

I am tired of see people get their heads cut off for no reason.

Interesting how the say the west is barbaric the US is.

And to get back at us they go around cutting heads off a third party.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

May he rest in peace.
edit on 24-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Dunno what to say here.

I am tired of see people get their heads cut off for no reason.

Interesting how the say the west is barbaric the US is.

And to get back at us they go around cutting heads off a third party.

Doesn't make a lick of sense to me.

May he rest in peace.

It did make sense. They wanted double the money Japan donated to destroy them. Pick a side. It's okay, you don't have to pick. Our policies picked for us. This is just a reaction. Not a very smart move pissing off so many other countries. I'll be watching what Japan does about the situation. I don't think Japan is going to be very nice.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I vote they expose her to Ebola and then do the swap!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join