It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction: Large Fire balls in the next few days. Here's why:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Oh bathroom humor. How insightful.

There is no presidence for this. The Russia fireball was around the same time as a near earth passage of an asteroid but they were said to be unrelated. Just coincidence.

And what is wrong with that? Isn't South Park produced in the US? Don't they have a couple of characters in South Park from Canada, I think it's Terence and Philip, that constantly produce fart jokes? Oh noos, US bathroom humour.

Back on topic, oh well, so there might be (a non-zero probability of) a couple of "followers," has anyone said whether or not we are going pass through its trail or its going to pass through ours? Lighten up, the odds are about 1:100,000,000 that an asteroid would strike a populated area. The earth may not be huge, but it is still a big place and the surface is mostly water. Oh, and I know, tsunami. I am trying not to to be too callous, but considering the intellectual wasteland of the general population with only about 12% critical thinkers, I think we could stand to loose a few groups of 88% in unavoidable natural disasters (shame about the 12% though).

Cheers - Dave
edit on 1/24.2015 by bobs_uruncle because: because I didn't make any spelling errors LOL

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

First of all, let's not define all Americans or Canadians for that matter by what you see on tv. I have never watched an episode of south park. My tv viewing moves more towards discovery channel, history channel or the food network.

On topic, asteroids don't have trails or tails. They are sold rock and not subject to off gassing or melting like comets are. And earth doesn't have a trail either. ?????
A large enough asteroid wouldn't need to hit land to wipe out all life on earth. But this one is not a life altering one. It will be way out there past the moon and no babies will be following it.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
If three times the distance to the moon is considered close than yeah. But it won't be close. a reply to: ChiefD

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

First of all, let's not define all Americans or Canadians for that matter by what you see on tv. I have never watched an episode of south park. My tv viewing moves more towards discovery channel, history channel or the food network.

On topic, asteroids don't have trails or tails. They are sold rock and not subject to off gassing or melting like comets are. And earth doesn't have a trail either. ?????
A large enough asteroid wouldn't need to hit land to wipe out all life on earth. But this one is not a life altering one. It will be way out there past the moon and no babies will be following it.

It doesn't really matter where one sees anything, TV or otherwise, it could have been a play, the point is the content and where it was made. In this case that would be fart jokes, aka bathroom humour, coming out of the US LOL, and I am not saying that is a bad thing as any humour can lighten a tortured soul. As I said lighten up, the worst is yet to come LOL. Btw, I didn't say tails, I did say trails. I used to move along trails in the woods, it was a predictable path. A trail as in a predictable path like say one an assteroid or the earth takes through space, maybe?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It doesn't really matter where one sees anything, TV or otherwise, it could have been a play, the point is the content and where it was made. In this case that would be fart jokes, aka bathroom humour, coming out of the US LOL, and I am not saying that is a bad thing as any humour can lighten a tortured soul. As I said lighten up, the worst is yet to come LOL. Btw, I didn't say tails, I did say trails. I used to move along trails in the woods, it was a predictable path. A trail as in a predictable path like say one an assteroid or the earth takes through space, maybe?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky

originally posted by: JadeStar

originally posted by: wildespace
I think it's too far away for any of its possible companions to strike the Earth's atmosphere. 1 Lunar Distance is a very big chunk of empty space (you could comfortably fit all of the Solar System planets between the Moon and the Earth), and this asteroid is passing 3 times that.

Correct. there will be no fireballs produced from this asteroid flyby.

Well if there are I suppose we can blame it on the Klingons

Especially if your spare fuel system for the
bird of prey got pirated off the DeLorean

Just keep your face away from the throttle body when you start it...
because even for uploading we live in an imperfect, random world.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So why didn't you just say orbit. The word that describes a bodies passage in space? Trails when applied to objects in space indicates a field of debris or gasses trailing behind a moving body.
See why I misunderstood your post? Sorry. Now of course it has a new meaning to me. Lol.
edit on 1252015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If any fireballs are seen, I seriously doubt they would be related to the asteroid.

Let's say at one point the asteroid was impacted by some other object (another asteroid, comet, meteoroid, etc) and pieces broke off. The impact would send these pieces in all directions and would assume their own trajectories. Even a mountain sized asteroid would not have enough gravitational pull to recover most of those pieces. So any pieces sent fore and aft of the asteroid would continue on the same trajectory as the asteroid (the aft ones, of course, would travel in the opposite direction). All other pieces would shoot off in random directions. If by chance one of those directions put it on course to hit earth, it would occur at a different time than the passing of the original asteroid.

To summarize, if any fireballs are seen it is purely coincidence.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join