It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students accused of racism after chanting "USA"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Although Idalou students denied claims that the chant had racist overtones, Waller stated that his district would no longer permit the use of “USA!” at sporting events.

Becker, seemingly unsatisfied with the apology and ban on speech, asserted that the issue was far from over.

So we have one over-educated intellectual administrator arguing with another over-educated intellectual administrator.

No wonder the school system is rotting away with failure.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Awwwww

Sure, anything Patriotic is frowned upon these days.

It has never been patriotic to insinuate that certain americans aren't "real" americans due to skintone.

if you find that to be patriotic, then you are in the wrong country.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
They other day I was told to check my white privilwge and calles a racist after sefedninf the New Black Panthers right to opwn carry as long as the individual wasnt one that participated in threats or voter intimiadation and was legal.

Acxused by a white guy of course.

Whe n I can dind the imagea ill post thw entire transceito. I saved it via screenshots on fb.

I disnt twll the poater because I thought it would be classleas in the arfumwnt but the fuy disnt know me ex from last year was half black.
edit on 23-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Awwwww

Sure, anything Patriotic is frowned upon these days.

It has never been patriotic to insinuate that certain americans aren't "real" americans due to skintone.

if you find that to be patriotic, then you are in the wrong country.

The only ones insinuating anything are the flop house school administrators.

The MSM has too many people freaked out.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I take offence to this, I'm Appalachian - American and all us hiphonated people got to stick together its us verses them.
I am -

Wait Hispanic American, last I heard you're either american or not unless you're born in another country.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Honestly I feel American patriotism is brainwash anyways. When I hear anybody chanting something like that it doesn't make me think they are being patriotic but only closing their minds more and more believing the good ol' USA to be the only way to be. It is only chanting their open ignorance, and yes it is racist and yes it is embarassing to those Americans like myself who are not delusional about the state of our washed up country.

Yes it absolutely is racism in my opinion, but I am just one woman.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Pathetic.

Those claiming "offense" can now control the words students are permitted to say.

What happened to "Je Sui Charlie?"

USA! USA! USA!

When you are a teenager in high school, you have to follow rules. You can't talk back to teachers, you can't run in hallways, you can't chew gum, you can't use a cell phone in class, in fact there are too many rules to list!

By saying that teenagers shouldn't follow these rule because they are unconstitutional really disrupts the learning process,which is in fact the entire point of high school.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
a reply to: curme

In this case, there was no rule.

There is now after the administrators decided.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: honested3

One of these days people will be wishing for a little Patriotism.

Won't be long I fear.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme

originally posted by: Jamie1
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Pathetic.

Those claiming "offense" can now control the words students are permitted to say.

What happened to "Je Sui Charlie?"

USA! USA! USA!

When you are a teenager in high school, you have to follow rules. You can't talk back to teachers, you can't run in hallways, you can't chew gum, you can't use a cell phone in class, in fact there are too many rules to list!

By saying that teenagers shouldn't follow these rule because they are unconstitutional really disrupts the learning process,which is in fact the entire point of high school.

That may be the lamest response I've seen on ATS tonight.

Chanting "USA USA USA" at a basketball game doesn't disrupt the educational process.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Jamie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

In high school sport events involving high school children, they are not allowed to use the racial epithets, use swear words, expose their buttocks, really do or say anything to the opposing team that would not be considered good sportsmanship or outside the bounds of civil discourse.

By saying that the opposing team are not citizens of the USA because they not of Anglo-Saxon heritage, would fall into the area of behavior that is not allowed at sporting events that high school children participate in.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Seems to me the racism is on the part of the school district that does not consider itself part of the USA. Just sayin'.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: curme
a reply to: xuenchen

In high school sport events involving high school children, they are not allowed to use the racial epithets, use swear words, expose their buttocks, really do or say anything to the opposing team that would not be considered good sportsmanship or outside the bounds of civil discourse.

By saying that the opposing team are not citizens of the USA because they not of Anglo-Saxon heritage, would fall into the area of behavior that is not allowed at sporting events that high school children participate in.

Where exactly was any of that said?

Again, it is the school administrators doing the accusing and assuming.

Talk about hyperbole !!!!

The MSM has too many people flipping out.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder

Seems to me the racism is on the part of the school district that does not consider itself part of the USA. Just sayin'.

Say it stronger !!!

Because that what this is.

Go U.S.A. to both of those American teams !!!

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I wonder ....

Did they play the National Anthem before the game?

Or is that also considered racist?

Ironic if they did.

Shameful if they didn't.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UmbraSumus
a reply to: lordcomac

Chanting "USA USA" in a room full of Americans is daft

Its not inconceivable that this was directed at the Hispanic-American students and therefore had racist overtones.

Either way they are idiots.

As subfab highlighted - its the intent behind the action that counts -
Nonsense...Nothing racist about it...

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Which "USA team" were they cheering for?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I wonder ....

Did they play the National Anthem before the game?

Or is that also considered racist?

Ironic if they did.

Shameful if they didn't.

If they did I hope they didn't start off with "Jose can you see" that would be bad.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It may seem insulting but racist it is not they have a long way to go to prove it was. Just because someone takes offense that should not be grounds to infringe on someone's free speech.

In life you are going to be offended sometimes people need to deal with it. The school is a government entity( I assume it is a public school) and public schools a governmental entities follow the law pertaining to religion so why are they breaking the law by infringing on rights?

Don't get me wrong I think them chanting USA when playing other Americans is stupid but it is their right to be stupid. I hate to say it but being stupid is an American pastime.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Anything can be considered offencive depending on intent of the chanters.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join