It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big win for new age medicine fans and faith healers!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   

An 11-year-old aboriginal girl with leukemia as died less than a year after refusing chemotherapy.
Makayla Sault, an Obijwa girl from New Credit First Nation reserve in Ontario, Canada, suffered a stroke on Sunday and died the following day.
The little girl's devastated family released a statement saying the three-month course of chemotherapy in 2014 had damaged her body and that she had been improving with traditional healing methods.

Makayla was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) in January 2014 and suffered terrible weakness and nausea from the chemotherapy used to treat the cancer, despite anti-nausea medications.
The grueling weeks of the chemo sent her cancer into remission.
However doctors said that in order to rid Makayla of the cancer completely, she needed to undergo two years of treatment which would give her a 75 per cent chance of survival.
Makayla's parents allowed their daughter to give up the chemo, a move that prompted doctors at McMaster Children's Hospital in Hamilton where Makayla was being treated to alert children's authorities.

Link

A big win for the cult of Jesus and fans of faith healing, now an 11 year old girl has died as a result of refusing Chemotherapy even though it had caused her cancer to go into remission but Jesus told her parents she was already healed!

Where do we draw the line here? Her parents were obviously mentally ill but yet were allowed to make this decision for her?

Chemotherapy is the best thing we have right now to fight cancer, in this case this girl had a 75% chance of survival with Chemotherapy. The benefits obviously outweighed the side effects.

So I guess if two parents believe the best way to cure cancer is to step in front of an incoming train at full speed will you people still stand behind them and support their decision?

We have to draw a line here. Yes I know most of you fear the big bad evil government but sometimes the big bad evil government makes much more sense than two parents believing a magical being that doesn't exist has cured their daughter of cancer.

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I do not agree with Life at any price.

You are suggesting that years of Chemo, doing untold damage and causing unbearable pain is a win because the person may live.

What do you have against death. Why fight it so hard.

They have their beliefs. Their daughter is in heaven, pain free and happy.

Where is the down side.

Why fight death with such tenacity.

Their choice!

Thank fully, not yours.

P

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Simple math....

Get cancer = Get gun + quiet area for being alone

Chemo? Are you kidding me?

not an answer in my book.

Should a child of mine get a debilitating disease such as cancer, I'm going to go by their wishes. Not yours. Not the governments.

Sorry.

-NF

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

$20,000 a dose for chemo.

Usually chances are not high. I will take my chances unless there is a VERY good chance of a CURE, not extending a few months feeling like hell just to spend everything I have or what others have on a big maybe.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

This is very sad. I read about it yesterday and thought about posting it but didn't feel like dealing with the backlash hate that will be sure to come so brace yourself.

Here is another source with some info.

After Makayla said she had a vision of Jesus in the hospital, she wrote a letter to her doctors asking to stop treatment.

"I am writing this letter to tell you that this chemo is killing my body and I cannot take it anymore."

She left chemotherapy treatment while in remission to pursue alternative and traditional indigenous medicine.

The girl died Monday after suffering a stroke Sunday.

"Surrounded by the love and support of her family, her community and her nation … Makayla completed her course. She is now safely in the arms of Jesus," her family said in a statement published by the Two Row Times.

Although her family claims her death was due to chemotherapy, in September, a McMaster oncologist testified at a hearing on a similar case of a First Nations girl refusing cancer treatment that Makayla had suffered a relapse. The doctor also testified that there are no known cases of survival of this type of leukemia without a full course of chemotherapy treatment.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This is very sad. I read about it yesterday and thought about posting it but didn't feel like dealing with the backlash hate that will be sure to come so brace yourself.

After Makayla said she had a vision of Jesus in the hospital, she wrote a letter to her doctors asking to stop treatment.

"I am writing this letter to tell you that this chemo is killing my body and I cannot take it anymore."

She left chemotherapy treatment while in remission to pursue alternative and traditional indigenous medicine.

"Surrounded by the love and support of her family, her community and her nation … Makayla completed her course. She is now safely in the arms of Jesus," her family said in a statement published by the Two Row Times.

Although her family claims her death was due to chemotherapy, in September, a McMaster oncologist testified at a hearing on a similar case of a First Nations girl refusing cancer treatment that Makayla had suffered a relapse. The doctor also testified that there are no known cases of survival of this type of leukemia without a full course of chemotherapy treatment.

We have to draw a line somewhere.

We cannot let young children die as a result of their parent's iron age beliefs.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Chemo is flat out barbaric while simultaneously being extremely profitable.

Sounds like a big win win for the pharmaceutical companies and every oncologist who rely upon cancer never being cured!

Your disrespect for this family and their wishes is sad indeed.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Chemotherapy doesn't exactly have a great track record. It kills healthy cells and weakens the immune system. Before my sister-in-law died from ovarian cancer, her doctor even warned her receiving the last chemotherapy treatments could kill her. She went ahead with it anyways and her health took a turn for the worst. Quickly after her first treatment, she was stricken to a bed for the last 5 months of her life connected to a feeding tube and other life lines. It broke our hearts seeing her suffer those last 5 months.

I know chemo has saved lives, but it has also shortened the life span of many others. With all the "promising cancer cures" being delayed because of government required animal and human trials, you would think cancer patients who have exhausted any possible hope for surviving, would be able to sign away any liability to the hospital and take the chance to receive an experimental cancer treatment. What do they have to lose?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
having this same thing, i was gonna comment on my experience with it, but i can tell by your comments that nothing is gonna change anybodys mind.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Send them to prison.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I personally witnessed the effects of chemo. It seemed to extend the suffering along with creating horrible side effects. My mother wanted to die after her 5th or 6th infusion, I think she only lasted until the 7th. Then again I'm not even certain how many sessions she had. It was a chemical infusion and I'm not sure if radiation was involved.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I watched my father endure chemo treatments........

Up until the point where he decided he would rather have a shorter but higher quality of life....

Then a longer more miserable one......

Watching his hair fall out, watching skin lose color, his strength weaken and even the color going from his eyes, he was a walking dead man......

He couldnt even enjoy simple pleasures such as taste and smell.....he couldnt eat anything, he could hardly function, spent days not being able to be more then a few feet from a bathroom, relegated to sitting at home.......miserable

So he put a stop to it, and enjoyed the last year of his life rather then suffering through it....

I dont think the OP has the right to pass judgement on anyone refusing chemo , without first hand seeing the effects it has on the people its POISONING, cause thats exactly what it is........
edit on 1/22/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
I watched my father endure chemo treatments........

Up until the point where he decided he would rather have a shorter but higher quality of life....

Then a longer more miserable one......

Watching his hair fall out, watching skin lose color, his strength weaken and even the color going from his eyes, he was a walking dead man......

He couldnt even enjoy simple pleasures such as taste and smell.....he couldnt eat anything, he could hardly function, spent days not being able to be more then a few feet from a bathroom, relegated to sitting at home.......miserable

So he put a stop to it, and enjoyed the last year of his life rather then suffering through it....

I dont think the OP has the right to pass judgement on anyone refusing chemo , without first hand seeing the effects it has on the people its POISONING, cause thats exactly what it is........

My cousin was diagnosed with cancer when he was 21 years old, thanks to surgery and chemotherapy his cancer has been in remission for 12 years.

Chemotherapy wasn't a nice experience for him but I think when someone has a 75% of surviving with chemotherapy the risk is worth it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I dont think the OP has the right to pass judgement on anyone refusing chemo , without first hand seeing the effects it has on the people its POISONING, cause thats exactly what it is.
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

this X 1.000,000

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Sometimes you don't wont to see your child continue to suffer. I have seen first hand the horrors of chemotherapy when my mother went through it several years ago.

I assume if you had control of this child you would stick a needle in her arm and pump her full of drugs regardless of her opinion.

You are a sick man, Muse.
edit on 2015/1/22 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

But you shouldn't force anyone to accept treatments against their will. Now granted an 11 year old does not always know what's best for them, but who are we to say what a person should go through? Drawing a line is essentially painting with a broad brush and subjecting everyone to the same thing in the interest of safety or progress, etc.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
Sometimes you don't wont to see your child continue to suffer. I have seen first hand the horrors of chemotherapy when my mother went through it several years ago.

I assume if you had control of this child you would stick a needle in her arm and pump her full of drugs regardless of her opinion.

You are a sick man, Muse.

Yeah I'm sick because if a doctor told me that my kid had a 75% chance of surviving with chemotherapy I would go ahead with it? Instead of letting my kid die at 11 years old because some fictional being from another dimension spoke to me and told me he had cured my child of cancer?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Well some people believe in that "fictional being from another dimension". And they have tons of other reasons why chemo lengthens the ordeal and is a very lucrative business. $25,000 a session, 5 or 6 times. I personally think there are cures out there but it's more profitable to let the little people suffer. The sick men are the ones in charge, if anything muse is misled.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Since when do they start doing chemo on someone with that high of a survival rate?

Chemo is usually a last aggressive effort for really aggressive cancers..........

Not calling you a liar but I dont buy it.....

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

originally posted by: Grimpachi

We have to draw a line somewhere.

We cannot let young children die as a result of their parent's iron age beliefs.

From what I gathered from the article it is my opinion that children services were reluctant to force the issue because of Native Rights. As you can see from the other article she wasn't the only one to recently die after withdrawing from treatment.

Basically the doctor said she had zero chance of survival without the full treatment and the parents went for a natural cure but no one checked to see what that natural remedy was or if it had ever seen a successful trial.

I definitely think child services should have at least looked into what type of treatment they went with but I doubt anyone will ever know now aside from the family.

Chemo sucks my father went through it and it did make life harsh for him but he recovered and I had another 10 years with him in my life before he passed from an unrelated cause.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join