It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

If you mean reform from within, not going to happen any time soon. A complete revamp of an entire ideology will not happen for probably a thousand years or more. And not without or until there is a catalyst moment. How do you convince a terrorist that there are no 72 virgins and living like it's 700 AD is no longer considered cool?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Or this Christian psycho.

Anders Behring Breivik

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

How do you convince a terrorist that there are no 72 virgins and living like it's 700 AD is no longer considered cool?

You could sit them down with a Quran and explain to them that none of that bull# is promised & there is no Paradise for murderers on Judgement Day...

But other than that I'm stumped!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

There's only two options.

1. A new crusades
2. Education

And when deciding an approach, you're stuck with it. There's no going back
If option 1 is used, it may lead to ww3. However, seeing we're already headed in that direction, from a tactical standpoint it would make the most sense. But will lead to a long drawn out bloody landscape for years upon miserable years.

If option 2 is used, then it would require the assistance and cooperation of all facets of government, state/provincial, and civilian. It would also have to include all facets of the Muslim community. If successful, then it would be the first time in recorded history (that I'm aware of) an entire religion was influenced by a collaborated effort on a global scale to 'unlearn' indoctrinated dogmatic beliefs. Might have better luck getting struck by lightning while holding a winning lottery ticket.

There is an option 3 of course. Do nothing.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

GANGS yeah right, not remidial writting just MATH and you can DEAL with how I write just FINE.
As to Obama his agenda is WELL seen by all:freebeacon.com...
AND HE is their "IN" as are the race baiting pukes he uplifts...to get shot or arrested.

edit on 21-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Hell I alone could off a gang.
COPS wouldn't be happy about it.
Good thing our BORDERS are clear for all to get through as well...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
No, not all Muslims are terrorist. Of course not.

However, this does not negate those terrorists who are. It is those very terrorists that are putting the lives of ALL Muslims in jeopardy. They need to be dealt with and stopped - before one of these factions does something SO HORRIBLE that all of the rest of the world DOES turn on the entire Muslim population.

Us sitting around doing nothing - brings that moment closer and closer. God help us all - if it reaches that tipping point.

CdT

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The real shocker is that there were more attacks on listed countries by .... the people that lived there... Some stats there. I bet you could throw Iceland in there as well with having predominantly domestic "terrorist" attacks.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
In their own minds, the terrorists who commit murders believe they are adhering to their faith. Be it any of the Abrahamic faiths....

In truth no individual terrorist does murder of innocents or civilians at God's behest. It's nearly always a result of a bastardized text or holy book or the misguiding words of an elder or leader.

All terrorists are deluded in believing they do the work of God.

None do God's will. None submit to God's goodwill towards us humans. It's all blind complications of free will.

any bias i have against Islam is based on my favoring of Christianity and the fact that Islam came later.

In my opinion, Islam is a potent tool of social development that gets misused by some evil people. And benefits billions who abide peacefully by its core tenets.

edit on 1/21/2015 by balanc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
a reply to: CirqueDeTruth

Now that the FAR RIGHT has seen what the current admin has gotten away with ,that momment may be sooner than you think.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Dude. I feel for you. I truly do. It must be tough being a Muslim on these boards these days. I just hope that people, especially on this website, will wakeup to the brainwashing that is so blatant from the MSM right now. This is especially harrowing because ATS is fond of not trusting the MSM, but can't see that they are clearly being manipulated by them right now.

People on ATS only seem to think the MSM is lying when they disagree with them. When the MSM supports their own bigoted views then they take it as gospel.

Sad, really.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You've just picked data that fits your agenda.

I can do that too. 100% of terrorist attack on Australia since 9/11 have been by Islamic organizations.

More to the point though, am I supposed to just accept that the 24,911 terrorist attacks GLOBALLY by Islamic organizations is no threat to anyone?

Like i said, you spin crap however you want it, but its still crap.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973
All acts of terrorism are wrong.

You can spin this sort of crap however you wish, but the fact remains that ISIS, Al Qaeda, Boko Haram and all the militant Muslim groups are well umm err , that's right, MUSLIM.

Anyone can cite any number of terrorist organisations belonging to any number of religions and say they share a religion in common...

They have a stated goal and agenda and it's against US in the west.

Well, as Krazy pointed out, there are numerous Muslim terrorist organisations which subscribe to a multitude of different beliefs. Some religious, others political. The Taliban has a different ideology to Al Qaeda, for example.

You will also find that while many of these groups denounce the West and call for attacks there, they are generally only regionally focused and do not pose a direct threat to our ways of life. That said, i do agree that they should be considered a threat in some capacity.

Watering down the fact by trying to push on to us examples of minority terrorist groups with smaller goals DOESN'T negate the threat these people are.

Nice try at a new age healy feely slant though, but I ain't buying it.....

Some terrorist organisations do pose threats to our ways of life. That said, all terrorist organisations are considered minorities of those they claim to represent. You don't have all Muslims subscribing to IS, and you don't have all Christians subscribing to the KKK. Therefore, both terrorist organisations are minorities which do not represent the majorities of their respective religions.

Pointing out relevant statistics is not confusing the situations and belittling the threat some terrorist organisations pose to the West. Rather, it is putting the entire topic under the microscope in allowing us to see just what some organisations are capable of, how much impact they have had in the past, and the likelihood of an attack occurring in the future.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I think your post is is the 'pinnacle of intellectual dishonesty'...

One would think that people supporting the idea that terrorists do not represent a majority of people would also apply the same standards to anybody else of any other group...

If anything, it is your argument which is dishonest. Your attempts at drawing an argument using material not found in this thread is laughable.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital

Well, as Krazy pointed out, there are numerous Muslim terrorist organisations which subscribe to a multitude of different beliefs. Some religious, others political. The Taliban has a different ideology to Al Qaeda, for example.

You will also find that while many of these groups denounce the West and call for attacks there, they are generally only regionally focused and do not pose a direct threat to our ways of life. That said, i do agree that they should be considered a threat in some capacity.

Yes, it is true that many of these groups are regionally focused. But as a citizen of planet earth, it does not make them any less threatening.

Different ideology doesn't make the common goal - the spread of Islam any less real.

Some terrorist organisations do pose threats to our ways of life. That said, all terrorist organisations are considered minorities of those they claim to represent. You don't have all Muslims subscribing to IS, and you don't have all Christians subscribing to the KKK. Therefore, both terrorist organisations are minorities which do not represent the majorities of their respective religions.

Thing is the Islam minority has been VERY busy, I gave the link for the 24,911 attacks since 9/11 in my last post. The problem with Islam 'minority' terrorist groups is, well, look at what they have achieved so far in Iraq and Syria in the creation of the Islamic state. Politicians are a minority in our society and yet they are the ones who make far reaching decisions in our lives. The truth is that many a minority rules the majority who just follow along blindly.

Pointing out relevant statistics is not confusing the situations and belittling the threat some terrorist organisations pose to the West. Rather, it is putting the entire topic under the microscope in allowing us to see just what some organisations are capable of, how much impact they have had in the past, and the likelihood of an attack occurring in the future.

Europe is the one zone where one can find many separatist groups wanting sovereignty. Spain has its Basque separatists for instance. A better way to look at the statistics is globally. A more reliable pattern will be seen,

Here is a list of terror attacks in 2014 for the whole planet. You be the judge for yourself on how many are Islamic. I assure you it is WAY more that 2% as the OP claims.

Saying one zone (Europe) has a low % of Islamist attacks therefore Islamic groups are no real threat is skewing the data. I already showed how it can be skewed the other way if one was to look at Australia.
edit on 22-1-2015 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   

In evening the playing field you would have to even the islamic way of looking at non muslims and the way it makes violence its answer. Its not just a religion - its a political set of beliefs and a legal system that is not compatible with the west's ideas on freedom. Its supporters whether actived or not are muslims because they already choose to live under islamic rules - if you don't islam have a very good remedy for you.

I am sorry, I don't see how you can level the field - its not just a religion and thinking about it that way is deluding yourself its far more pernicious. Do you think that the muslims who have settled here wouldn't immediately drop our way of life were a muslim majority to be reaching in your country? I doubt it because islam is instilled into them in their formatice years.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Kali74

Or this Christian psycho.

Anders Behring Breivik

Yep, that is definitely one Psycho terrorist for team Christianity. No argument from me there.

So, the score so far;

Christianity 1 known murderous terrorist

Islam; How many thousand now?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:16 AM
link   

You have a point but lets first start with the Muslim extremists and their followers.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

See my point about the cartels that I made to a previous poster. We have much more pressing issues at home but are getting all scared of a bunch of people half way around the world.

Don't worry, you don't have my sympathy either. I don't sympathize with xenophobia.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
How quickly would Islamic terrorism subside if someone could invent a time machine and we could go back and tell Reagan not to invite Pashtun warlords to the White House cause they would later work for Saudi Arabia and create the Taliban and harbor al Qaeda. Id go even farther back during the Ottoman Saudi Wars and put one in King Abdullah's ancestors teeth. The Ottomans knew all about this Islamic terrorism and used a lot of manpower to crush it successfully until the British came and propped up the Saudis.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join