It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm starting to get tired of this constant barrage of Muslim hate and propaganda on these boards. So it is time to even the playing field. Of course, I'm sure many will rationalize this away or something, but the reason YOU fear Muslim terrorism is because the media is telling you to fear it.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

“Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.” How many times have you heard that one? Sure, we heard Fox News’s Brian Kilmeade say it, but to me, that was simply part of the Fox News plan to make their viewers dumber, as we saw again this past weekend when its terrorism “expert” Steve Emerson was caught fabricating the story that Birmingham, England, is closed to non-Muslims. But more alarmingly, even some reasonable people have uttered this statement.

And that comment is often followed up by the question: Why don’t we see Christian, Buddhist, or Jewish terrorists?

Why indeed? Maybe it's because you aren't looking hard enough (or at all).

Obviously, there are people who sincerely view themselves as Muslims who have committed horrible acts in the name of Islam. We Muslims can make the case that their actions are not based on any part of the faith but on their own political agenda. But they are Muslims, no denying that.

However, and this will probably shock many, so you might want to take a breath: Overwhelmingly, those who have committed terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe aren’t Muslims. Let’s give that a moment to sink in.

Shocker.

So here are some statistics for those interested. Let’s start with Europe. Want to guess what percent of the terrorist attacks there were committed by Muslims over the past five years? Wrong. That is, unless you said less than 2 percent.

As Europol, the European Union’s law-enforcement agency, noted in its report released last year, the vast majority of terror attacks in Europe were perpetrated by separatist groups. For example, in 2013, there were 152 terror attacks in Europe. Only two of them were “religiously motivated,” while 84 were predicated upon ethno-nationalist or separatist beliefs.

We are talking about groups like France’s FLNC, which advocates an independent nation for the island of Corsica. In December 2013, FLNC terrorists carried out simultaneous rocket attacks against police stations in two French cities. And in Greece in late 2013, the left-wing Militant Popular Revolutionary Forces shot and killed two members of the right-wing political party Golden Dawn. While over in Italy, the anarchist group FAI engaged in numerous terror attacks including sending a bomb to a journalist. And the list goes on and on.

Holy crap! Where is all the outrage for this?

Even after one of the worst terror attacks ever in Europe in 2011, when Anders Breivik slaughtered 77 people in Norway to further his anti-Muslim, anti-immigrant, and pro-“Christian Europe” agenda as he stated in his manifesto, how much press did we see in the United States? Yes, it was covered, but not the way we see when a Muslim terrorist is involved. Plus we didn’t see terrorism experts fill the cable news sphere asking how we can stop future Christian terrorists. In fact, even the suggestion that Breivik was a “Christian terrorist” was met with outrage by many, including Fox News’s Bill O’Reilly.

Honestly, when is the last time we heard the media refer to those who attack abortion clinics as “Christian terrorists,” even though these attacks occur at one of every five reproductive health-care facilities? That doesn’t sell as well. After all we are a so-called Christian nation, so that would require us to look at the enemy within our country, and that makes many uncomfortable. Or worse, it makes them change the channel.

Why aren't all Christians outraged at such atrocities! They should be picketing in the streets to end Christian terrorism. The silence is deafening!

I don't have the space to post the examples of other religions and groups carrying out terrorism, so read the whole article and Deny Ignorance folks.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You have a point but i do not think people will be marching tomorrow over the anders incident.

On another note we now have replaced the labeling of such acts as terrorism so the numbers will be skewed nowdays.

I hope you get paid well.

+6 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick
You have a point but i do not think people will be marching tomorrow over the anders incident.

Well obviously, Breitbart got offended that someone even DARED to call it Christian terrorism as if such a thing couldn't exist.

On another note we now have replaced the labeling of such acts as terrorism so the numbers will be skewed nowdays.

Have we now? I was under the impression that they were ALWAYS acts of terrorism. Though, I'd be interested to know where you got this information from.

Are you insinuating that I'm a shill because I posted something that was counter to what the MSM has been preaching 24/7 for the last month or so? Because that is pretty hilarious.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Is there a body count list anywhere that shows "terrorists'" religions?

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Who knows? I'm just trying to even the playing field here and show that most Islamophobic rhetoric is just that, rhetoric.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Read this article yesterday.

Was pretty well layed out imo.

It may fall on death ears...
It may be "justified" by others...
I think some will point to it being "written by a Muslim" to further their convictions that Muslims are a danger...

In any case, ignorance won't prevail...
As much as some here will want it to.

The daily genocidal war cries are what really pisses me off.

Are you insinuating that I'm a shill because I posted something that was counter to what the MSM has been preaching 24/7 for the last month or so? Because that is pretty hilarious.

It is hilarious.
And to be accused of such so early into "the debate" is even more hilarious.

Just shows how much of an argument people have against such facts.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am pretty new here, but is it true that even on this forum people send much hate towards the Islam?
I would expect from a site which aims towards enlightment (not spiritual, but against ignorance) would be over this.

Much of the media and even terrorist groups/attacks are funded and set up by secret societies.
With my knowledge I can think of several reasons why this happens:
- Divide and conquer strategy

- "Destroy" or create a negative trend towards religion as it causes pain, and there is no proof of a God. This brings atheism forward is the new 'religion'. This acceptance will change someting fundamentally deep inside those who accept these theory: 'we are nothing more than animals, life has no meaning, there is empitness'. Of course one could say this is a bit shallow, but I hope you understand that again this is something fundamental.

- Enables certain geopolitical strategies, as invading countries, changing political systems, creating fear in people and hence creating laws, which create a big brother society.

The only thing I can say is, be OBJECTIVE people.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Dude. I feel for you. I truly do. It must be tough being a Muslim on these boards these days. I just hope that people, especially on this website, will wakeup to the brainwashing that is so blatant from the MSM right now. This is especially harrowing because ATS is fond of not trusting the MSM, but can't see that they are clearly being manipulated by them right now.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I have no way of knowing if you are a shill.

I am saying that you put out much quality effort and many organizations would be proud to have you on their staff.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
OP you should be ashamed of yourself. Know it's the Muslims we have to worry about they want to force Sharia on everyone. Besides everyone knows there is no such thing as a Christian terrorist when they go on a killing spree or bombs an abortion clinic or kills the doctor that works there everyone knows they do not represent Christians. So only Muslims can be terrorist.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

That's because I actually care about denying ignorance unlike most on these boards these days. I'd like to actually put stereotypes to rest BEFORE they become full blown racist sentiments. Though looking at the responses to some of the people over the last few days, it may already be too late for that.

How about addressing my points and forget about who pays me?

ps: In any case, I should be shilling the pharmaceutical industry since I work for a pharmaceutical company, but if you've seen my opinion on this subject, you'd know that I don't do that.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Thanks Krazy pal...

I don't really take it to heart, mainly because I know most of these calls are coming from people who won't get off their arse...

But I do wonder if the idea festers enough thanks to the brainwashing we could be looking at a Holy War.

It's definitely strange that the anti-media essence of ATS goes on a disappearing act as soon as it comes to this subject...

& I'd be surprised if any of them get their information anywhere other than AnsweringIslam & ReligionOfPeace...
Or if they've even met a Muslim & asked them what they truly feel about extremism.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadeyedick

I have no way of knowing if you are a shill.

I am saying that you put out much quality effort and many organizations would be proud to have you on their staff.

With this comment.

You did nothing but say outright that he was a shill.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Thanks Krazy pal...

I don't really take it to heart, mainly because I know most of these calls are coming from people who won't get off their arse...

But they may be influencing people reading who WILL get off their arse. It's tough to say.

But I do wonder if the idea festers enough thanks to the brainwashing we could be looking at a Holy War.

I worry for such an event too. The violence is already too much as it is.

It's definitely strange that the anti-media essence of ATS goes on a disappearing act as soon as it comes to this subject...

Well it's just the fearmongering of the day. August of last year, everyone was losing their s# over Ebola despite all rational discourse telling them they were overreacting.

& I'd be surprised if any of them get their information anywhere other than AnsweringIslam & ReligionOfPeace...
Or if they've even met a Muslim & asked them what they truly feel about extremism.

I work with a bunch of them. My company is ran by a bunch of Pakistanis and we have people from all over the world here. In fact, as a white American, I'm a minority at this company (one of my coworkers in my department jokes around with me and calls me "white boy"). All the Muslims I know here are extremely nice and not a single one of them has EVER said anything mean or insulting to me. They have also voiced their dissatisfaction with Muslim terrorists without me even asking.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I agree with the OP headline, but everyone realises that, what they do with that knowledge is their affair...Fox is a prime example, a propaganda sheet with an agenda, that's a kind of terrorism on it's own.
Power and control over others is terrorism, no matter what way you cut it. Politics, some used to say, "Is the art of the possible" it's not like that anymore, Politics today is the art of deceit and concealed power, by default a form of terrorism. As for fearmongering, none does it better or has the ability to do so than the Politicians when it is desirable to do so.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

But they may be influencing people reading who WILL get off their arse. It's tough to say.

Yeah definitely that's why I wonder about the idea festering in and amongst people more proactive.
That's my main concern.

Well it's just the fearmongering of the day. August of last year, everyone was losing their s# over Ebola despite all rational discourse telling them they were overreacting.

Ebola is a good comparison actually, I was surprised at the amount of rational people on ATS just did a complete 180 and actually felt the fear was a reality.

I think a lot of that had to do with "go with the opposite of what Obama says" crowd.

You've had good experiences with Muslims thanks to work and that's one of the best places to make the multi-cultural association.
We get to know people almost as good as we do our own families spending so much time with them.

I think people would be surprised just how Human Muslims actually are, if they'd just turn off the TV & actually mingle...
Even before I considered converting I'd never had a bad experience with a Muslim, that still hasn't changed.

People see these arguments as some sort of deceit or bias...
That's part of the problem when trying to explain the point of view from the side who don't believe the hype.
edit on 21-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

perhaps but my intent when i typed it was clairified in the other post.

+3 more 
link   
But the fact remains that the muslims have center stage right now with their barbaric acts of terrorism,,,,,

link   
a reply to: smurfy

It doesn't feel like that long ago that every single night on the news they were talking about terrorists in N.I. so it still takes me a moment to equate them with Muslims, but my God the media is trying it's best to force that message home. Do you remember at one point Gerry Adams used to have his voice dubbed by a sort of comedy chipmunk because the BBC wouldn't allow terrorists a voice on it's programmes?

Even ETA the Basque separatists were fairly active, quite recently. Or maybe I'm just getting old and it was longer ago than I remember. Anyway, your point is a good one - power and control over others...

a reply to: krazysh0t

Keep going, krazysh0t, we all need to be talking about this. Great post

+17 more 
posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A short history lesson:
In 732 AD the Muslim Army which was moving on Paris was defeated and turned back at Tours, France, by Charles Martell.
In 1571 AD the Muslim Army/ Navy was defeated by the Italians and Austrians as they tried to cross the Mediterranean to attack southern Europe in the Battle of Lepanto.
In 1683 AD the Turkish Muslim Army, attacking Eastern Europe, was finally defeated in the Battle of Vienna by German and Polish Christian Armies.
This crap has been going on for 1,400 years and half of these damn politicians don't even know it !!!
If these battles had not been won we might be speaking Arabic and Christianity could be non - existent; Judaism certainly would be... And let us not forget that Hitler was an admirer of Islam and that the Mufti of Jerusalem was Hitler's guest in Berlin and raised Bosnian Muslim SS Divisions: the 13th and 21st Waffen SS Divisions who killed Jews, Russians, Gypsies, and any other "subhumans".
In 1783 AD when the British Colonies that would become the United States of America gained independence from Great Britain, 5 Muslim countries of North Africa declared war on our newly independent nation, hijacking and kidnapping merchant sailors and selling them for ransom, or into slavery. When the United States of America was established, we were forced to pay extortion fees amounting to 20 – 25% of our federal budget to those Muslim countries to keep them from their hijacking and kidnapping. It took two administrations, Washington and Adams, to build a sufficient Navy so that President Jefferson, in 1805, could send the Navy and Marines to conquer Tripoli and end the piracy. Islam has been at war with the USA since our founding.
Reflecting
A lot of Americans have become so insulated from reality that they imagine that America can suffer defeat without any inconvenience to themselves.
Pause a moment, reflect back. These events are actual events from history. They really happened!!
Do you remember?
1. In 1968, Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by a Muslim male.
2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by Muslim males.
3. In 1972 a Pan Am 747 was hijacked and eventually diverted to Cairo where a fuse was lit on final approach, it was blown up shortly after landing by Muslim males.
4. In 1973 a Pan Am 707 was destroyed in Rome , with 33 people killed, when it was attacked with grenades by Muslim males.
5. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by Muslim males.
6. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by Muslim males.
7. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by Muslim males.
8. In 1985, the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by Muslim males.
9. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens , and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by Muslim males.
10. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by Muslim males.
11. In 1993 , the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by Muslim males.
12. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Muslim males.
13. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take down the World Trade Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Thousands of people were killed by Muslim males.
14. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against Muslim males.
15. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and beheaded by---you guessed it---a Muslim male.
16. In 2013, Boston Marathon Bombing 4 Innocent people including a child killed, 264 injured by Muslim males.
17. In 2014, thousands of Christian men, women, and children are slaughtered, defiled, and beheaded by Muslim males.
SO WHEN THESE terrorists are vanquished I'm sure we'll GET to the others.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join