It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are All Terrorists Muslims? It’s Not Even Close

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: Kali74
Geo politics

Yes. Because?

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

a reply to: peck420

Why did the crusades happen?

Seeing as it is about as relevant to today as the Roman Empire...I could care less about the Pope's and Caliphate's struggles over the epicenter of mid age trade.

Reforming the whole religion will never happen without a catalyst event. Said that a couple times now

Yes, you have.

Unfortunately you have no idea where that catalyst event must occur, so I will give you a hint. It won't occur at the pleb level, which is what the War on Terror is/has been focusing on.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Unfortunately is is ALSO our side hitting COLLATERALS with remote weaponry,which REALLY isn't making me happy either.
We need to seprate the good from the bad FAR more clearly to fix that and WE BOTH know the people who command both sides don't care.

JUST the people.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Opec/oil

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

POPE said so...
He was pissed at the Turks and was inspired to retake the holy land in a "MANIFEST DESTINY " kind of way
We did that against the Indians.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No, they are just trying to reform the US into a theocracy.

That's not true. (If you can find a Pew poll finding that 1 of every 4 Christians in the US would support a theocracy, you might have a case. But you can't, because most Christians in the US won't.)

No, it isn't valid at all. People are people, they will do what they feel is right, just because we cannot find examples of Christians doing EXACTLY what the Muslims are doing, doesn't mean that bad Christians aren't a problem. The fact is, we don't know what kind of problem they are, because the media isn't reporting on them. They just sweep it under the rug. Propaganda and agenda.

What? Do you have any evidence or reason to believe this? (Where I am in the US) Christians aren't safe from criticism–in fact, they constantly complain about being unfairly attacked by the media. In fact, at least one of the Christian media organizations in the United States, WORLD Magazine, actually aggressively investigates wrongdoing by Christian organizations for the purposes of holding them accountable. (I happen to be familiar with them, it might or might not common among Christian media at large–I really don't know.) I'd hardly say the media is sweeping stuff under the rug.

Well I think that the media is always lying, but I do believe that terrorism exists and it happens (mostly in the Middle East). What I DON'T agree with is the jump in logic that because all this crap is going down in the ME, that means the 1st world is in danger of Muslims, because THAT logic doesn't gel.

Now I think THIS makes some sense. I'm not saying we shouldn't defend ourselves, but I'm fairly confident that part of the problem to begin with was European (and later American) intervention in the affairs of Islamic nations around the world. I'm also fairly confident that continuing to intervene will not make things better.

edit on 22-1-2015 by StalkerSolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Seeing as it is about as relevant to today as the Roman Empire...I could care less about the Pope's and Caliphate's struggles over the epicenter of mid age trade.

Well that's odd. Different players but the same ole crap coming from a 1000 year old religion.
It comes down to this. Islam won't reform until Israel end its suppression and America cut ties and gets out of dodge. Whatever catalyst creates that is anyone's guess.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You do realize that everything in world works like dominos hinged around the ME right? What do you think the end game is for ISIL? Are ok with the the 'old Iraq' middle east region becoming new state to welcome aboard global affairs with its own economy and military? Think they would stop there?

That's all optional. We don't have any really compelling reason to let the Middle East be the epicenter of the world.
Oil is pretty important, but we can get that from the Americas and the Arctic if we need to.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh no WE already took down their man Progs are on the way out.
WHAT you should be paying attention to is the Vietnamization of Ukraine and the pivot to face CHINA the RIGHT has seen what this IGTARD has gotten away with now the RIGHT will be the problem.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Well that's odd. Different players but the same ole crap coming from a 1000 year old religion.

Incorrect. Unless, of course, you are stating that the West is comprised of only Christian nations.

It comes down to this. Islam won't reform until Israel end its suppression and America cut ties and gets out of dodge. Whatever catalyst creates that is anyone's guess.

Not even close.

It comes down to this, it won't end until we stop supporting the head of the beast while fighting the tail.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Opec/oil

Right.

So it's their land and their oil. What business is it of ours to ever have acted anywhere in the ME? To ensure the production and sale of oil? What right did we ever have to do that? We have our own oil... more importantly it may have driven innovation to have a much more finite source of energy.

What right did the West (lead by the US) to base their economies on a region outside of itself? Doesn't doing so kind of guarantee interference to ensure things go the way we want them to? Doesn't it beg that we cause chaos wherever we can and get them fighting amongst themselves... which then causes massive poverty which in turn makes people desperate which in turn makes people vulnerable to extremism? And even given all that, the overwhelming majority of Muslims lead peaceful lives.

Look at how easily western minds are swayed by one act of terror, imagine if we were actually attacked by another nation, another military... the extremism we'd fall under would make Nazi's look like de-clawed kittens.
edit on 1/22/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Indeed, 'Muslim' seems to be included in the definition of terrorism to most people's minds...if a Muslim does it, it's a terrorist attack...if a non-Muslim does it, it's a random act of violence.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

You answered my direct response with a sentence full of metaphors. In other words, the destruction of the US. And my response was exactly on-point. "whatever catalyst" occurs. Either the destruction of US or the destruction of Islam, hence, my referral to the Crusades.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Don't get me wrong. I never said this problem wasn't multi-faceted. I am quite aware of the complexities involved. This is why I stated in the beginning there are only 2 options. 3 if you decide to do nothing. The complexities are so tightly woven into the fabric of the global economy, it can never be undone without a "reset"

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

I know its a REVENGE circle and with our technology and complete lack of spirituallity (OR A SOUL) in our leadership it can ONLY be a nightmare.
Are you stuck in Africa?
The machine only knows how to fight other machines.
We are trained to fight without feelings which I know might seem bad to you but it IS how our troops don't go crazy( UNTIL WE GET BACK HOME, then we usually shoot ourselves because we are scared of hurting others or are in pain from fighting)

Neither side will stop I fear.
edit on 22-1-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Yep. Gas, oil, water pipelines to Asia, where demand is growing fist over hand.. That's the ticket. All you have to do is look at a map. The ME is prime real estate.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

You answered my direct response with a sentence full of metaphors. In other words, the destruction of the US. And my response was exactly on-point. "whatever catalyst" occurs. Either the destruction of US or the destruction of Islam, hence, my referral to the Crusades.

Wow, that's what you take away from that?

Sorry, if that is as far as your critical thinking skills go, well, that would explain why the West continues to fight the plebs while filling the coffers of the pleb's masters.

You want to fix any human hierarchy, you start at the top. You don't fight with the janitorial staff, at the bottom.

Who is at the top of Islam? This really shouldn't be that hard to figure out.
edit on 22-1-2015 by peck420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

A reset by agreement, not war is actually the only logical option. We can't fix what we've done over there it's time to get out and at least stop making the problem worse.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
What is this thread even about?

Reading this I get the feeling that:

a) Islam is not a problem at the moment
b) All terrorist attacks are brought onto us by ourselves [terrorists are misunderstood victims]
c) The Koran is just a harmless, peaceful book, read by utterly friendly people who just want to be nice
d) None of the terrorists going around slaughtering the innocent are muslims
e) Radicalisation of the young through religion doesn't exist
f) There are far worse and more terrorists out there that are non muslim [IRA and all the others]
g) All I need to do is love and accept every muslim in the world and the terrorist, rapists, killer, nutters will just fade away
h) I am a racist or worst if I so much as mention that I don't like islam [well bugger that, because I do not like any religion, especially not islam because of its medieval restrictions, the treatment of women, homosexuals and general despise of anyone who is not in the club - a while ago there was a thread on here where an Imam went on how peacful islam is and that they won't be a problem as long as you are a "person of god" - which excludes me; and I wonder what I should expect as a female atheist ?]

Putting on rose tinted glasses and pretending that absolutely everything is fine in the world does NOT help in any way. As a matter of fact I believe that it is our gullibility and naivite which will be our downfall in the west.
They are NOT like us, think more Ghengis Khan or Vlad the Impaler and you may get close.

Nobody here has ever said that ALL muslims are bad. It's IMPOSSIBLE!!!
Yet this argument is used over and over when we try and discuss this worldwide emergency coming from people who kill in the name of islam. I personally had enough of having words put into my mouth.

ALso nobody here has ever said that there are no other terrorist groups in the world. There are, but jeezus they are actually not a big problem right now. If my boat is sinking because of a big hole, I'll fix that one first before I tend to the smaller ones.

Like someone else has said, this whole thread is just an ignorant 'pat each other on the back festival' which has nothing up its sleeve apart from slagging everyone off who disagrees. It's embarrassing.

ETA: Also we all know that we pissed off the middle east. That is why we demonstrated against sending more troops. Yet normal people get killed in the name of an islamic ideal. We all know and are AGAINST killing all innocent people with drones as well, but the governments are not listening. If those murdering cowards had a braincell they wouldn't go round doing exactly the same to their own AND innocent people here in the west. They are but hypocrites who enjoy killing and raping and yes, they are doing it in the name of islam and more and moe psychopaths are joining them. Fact.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2015 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're preaching to the choir. I'm already aware it starts at the top. I'm already aware the US does business and why, with those at the top. It's a vicious circle.

So how do you propose to solve it?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join