It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

FOX'News's whole existence is based on 'serious factual errors'.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
a reply to: daveinats

They're not all muslim areas are they? There's plenty of streets up and down the country dominated by white local gangs, Manchester, Nottingham and Liverpool have some areas I wouldn't dare going to.

Completely agree , I live in Preston where most of the crime families of Manchester and Liverpool were relocated for trial and the two outer 'ghettos' meant to house the worst offenders are pretty much no go areas for the police and the police have a saying 'even the police dogs walk in twos' - doubt there's a single non-white person living there as 90% of residents are insanely violent, drug and alcohol abusers who are massive racists.

I'd never walk through Toxteth or Norris Green having heard of the ammount of gunshot and stab wounds friends in hospitals there treat most weekends. Again certain streets are no go for the police.

And then there's Ireland - that's a whole different kettle of fish. Can get killed over being the wrong side of the catholic/protestant devide and the kids over there are notorious for beating police up/killing soldiers - they're the real dodgy places - though naturally you will get gangs of youths who happen to be muslim and try stupid, immature Muslim Patrol nonsense once in a blue moon.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I'm still convinced Choudary is going to pull off a mask one day and it be Chris Morris underneath - the guy is absolute scum but he's insanely good at winding up the media and stupid people. 'Jihad Seekers Allowance' was comedy genius clearly written for the Daily Mail/Express. There has to be someone writing his lines for him.
edit on 20-1-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
dp
edit on 20-1-2015 by bastion because: dp

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
there are multiple sources

The French newspaper Le Figaro has referred to downtown Perpignan as a "veritable no-go zone" where "aggression, antisocial behavior, drug trafficking, Muslim communalism, racial tensions and tribal violence" are forcing non-Muslims to move out. Le Figaro also reported that the Les Izards district of Toulouse was a no-go zone, where Arab drug trafficking gangs rule the streets in a climate of fear.

Separately, Le Figaro reported that large quantities of assault rifles are circulating in French no-go zones. "For a few hundred dollars you can buy Kalashnikovs," political scientist Sebastian Roché said. "The price of an iPhone!"

The newspaper France Soir published poll results showing that nearly 60% of French citizens are in favor of sending the army into troubled suburbs to restore order.

The newspaper Le Parisien has called parts of Grigny, a township in the southern suburbs of Paris, a "lawless zone" plagued by well-organized Muslim gangs, whose members believe they are "masters of the world." The weekly newsmagazine Le Point reported on the spiraling Muslim lawlessness in the French city of Grenoble.

The French magazine L'Obs (formerly known as Le Nouvel Observateur) has reported on the deteriorating security situation in Roubaix, a city in northern France that is located close to the Belgian border. The magazine reported that local citizens are "exiled within their own country" and want to create their own militia to restore order because police are afraid to confront Muslim gangs.

In August 2014, the French magazine Valeurs Actuelles (Contemporary Values) reported that "France has more than 750 areas of lawlessness" where the law of the French Republic no longer applies. Under the headline "Hell in France," the magazine said that many parts of France are experiencing a "dictatorship of riffraff" where police are "greeted by mortar fire" and are "forced to retreat by projectiles."

Separately, Valeurs Actuelles reported on the lawlessness in Trappes, a township located in the western suburbs of Paris, where radical Islam and endemic crime go hand in hand. "Criminals are pursued by Islamic fundamentalists to impose an alternative society, breaking links with the French Republic," according to local police commander Mohammed Duhan. It is not advisable to go there, he says, adding, "You will be spotted by so-called chauffeurs (lookouts for drug traffickers) and be stripped and smashed."

Valeurs Actuelles has also reported on no-go zones in Nantes, Tours and Orléans, which have turned into "battlefields" where the few remaining native French holdouts are confronted with "Muslim communalism, the disappearance of their cultural references and rampant crime."

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777As you say, there are multiple sources:

Where did the story of the no-go zones come from? Daniel Pipes, a U.S. historian and political commentator, says he believes he was the first person to refer to disadvantaged French neighborhoods as no-go zones. In a 2006 article, he said the existence of the zones suggested "that the French state no longer has full control over its territory." Pipes now says he was mistaken.

In 2013, after traveling to several listed Paris neighborhoods and mainly immigrant and Muslim areas of five other European cities, he wrote: "For a visiting American, these areas are very mild, even dull. We who know the Bronx and Detroit expect urban hell in Europe, too, but there things look fine … hardly beautiful, but buildings are intact, greenery abounds, and order prevails. … Having this first-hand experience, I regret having called these areas no-go zones," he wrote.
Source: www.businessweek.com...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
here is the list for 751 sensitive urban area zones, cough

Decree No. 96-1156 of 26 December 1996 establishes the list of 750 sensitive urban zones (ZUS). Decree No. 2000- 796 of 24 August 2000 adds the neighborhood "New Mons» Mons-en-Baroeul to the list of Zus and Decree No. 2001-707 of 31 July 2001 amends the scope of Zus Grigny ( 91). The decrees No. 96-1157 and No. 96-1158 of 26 December 1996 fixing the list of 416 Urban Renewal Zones (ZRU) among 751 sensitive urban areas (396 in France, 20 in the departments of overseas). Download the list of Zus: ZUS_FR_SGCIV_20100701.xls

sig.ville.gouv.fr...

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Your link is misleading.

Sensitive urban zone

A sensitive urban zone (French: Zone urbaine sensible, ZUS) is an urban area in France defined by the authorities to be a high-priority target for city policy, taking into consideration local circumstances related to the problems of its residents.

Problems include:

- A high percentage of public housing, with little home ownership.
- High unemployment.
- A low percentage of high-school graduates

Muslims? No.

A change in law on November 14, 1996 (which implements a renewed urban policy) distinguishes three levels of intervention:

Sensitive urban zones (ZUS) - Keep an eye on this one.
Urban renewal zones (ZRU)
Urban tax-free zones (ZFU)

In January 2015, after the Charlie Hebdo shooting, Fox News labeled the SUZ as "no-go zone". French media agencies denied these claims. After complaints Fox News issued an apology:

Over the course of this last week we have made some regrettable errors on air, regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly with regard to England and France. This applies especially to discussions of so-called no-go zones, areas where non-Muslims allegedly aren’t allowed in, and police supposedly won’t go. To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country, and no credible information to support the assertion there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion. There are, certainly, areas of high crime in Europe, as there are in the United States and other countries, where police and visitors enter with caution. We deeply regret the errors and apologise to any and all who may have taken offence, including the people of France and England.

Nice try.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Your link is misleading.

Sensitive urban zone

A sensitive urban zone (French: Zone urbaine sensible, ZUS) is an urban area in France defined by the authorities to be a high-priority target for city policy, taking into consideration local circumstances related to the problems of its residents.

Problems include:

- High unemployment.

Muslims? No.

A change in law on November 14, 1996 (which implements a renewed urban policy) distinguishes three levels of intervention:

Sensitive urban zones (ZUS) - Keep an eye on this one.
Urban renewal zones (ZRU)
Urban tax-free zones (ZFU)

In January 2015, after the Charlie Hebdo shooting, Fox News labeled the SUZ as "no-go zone". French media agencies denied these claims. After complaints Fox News issued an apology:

Over the course of this last week we have made some regrettable errors on air, regarding the Muslim population in Europe, particularly with regard to England and France. This applies especially to discussions of so-called no-go zones, areas where non-Muslims allegedly aren’t allowed in, and police supposedly won’t go. To be clear, there is no formal designation of these zones in either country, and no credible information to support the assertion there are specific areas in these countries that exclude individuals based solely on their religion. There are, certainly, areas of high crime in Europe, as there are in the United States and other countries, where police and visitors enter with caution. We deeply regret the errors and apologise to any and all who may have taken offence, including the people of France and England.

Nice try.

I might be wrong about this, so correct me if I'm wrong, but England nor France even have ghettos as bad as they are in the US right.... Sure they have high crime/drug/ prostitution areas, but nothing you would compare to the Bronx, Compton or most of memphis (I live in memphis TN) lol.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I wonder if Jindal will also crawfish out of the hole he dug with the similar statements he made in London yesterday? The only factual proof he offered the CNN correspondent who grilled him was reapeating the the phrase "they absolutely exist" over and over again. No wonder Jindal refused to cite his source - it was Fox News.

edit on 1/20/2015 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Im pretty sure The Bronx, Detroit, East LA, Englewood, Illinois. Bed Stuy Brooklyn. These places are way more dangerous. In fact, theres maps. Maybe not called "no-go" zones. Actually Bad places... bad places maps in the US. Search any city + bad places. I have lived in all of these places except Detroit, but everyone knows its no picnic and actually very close to Dearborn.The bottom line is, I believe, is that the radical muslim community is spontaneously reacting to a hyper aggressive US foreign policy, but at the same time, (they) forget the ridiculous amount of tax breaks and shelters we provide. Dunkin Donuts , 7-11 any liquor store all prove this point. And love it or hate it, That is our country, our raison d'etre. Nothing gets in the way of doing business. Charlie made himself an easy , soft target. The shields of liberty and free speech cannot all the sudden sprout a pair and block someone intent on accomplishing a goal. If we could all just learn to tolerate the differences that make us all unique, we can get past this. Sadly , I don't think we will.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
i posted this in other thread, the last president of France was elected due to his promise to do something about the ZUS.he left office in 2012.

here is the article that i have posted in two other threads.

In May, the French voters elected Mr. Sarkozy as president because he had promised to restore the authority of the Republic over France’s 751 no-go areas, the so-called zones urbaines sensibles (ZUS, sensitive urban areas), where 5 million people — 8 percent of the population — live. During his first months in office he has been too busy with other activities, such as selling nuclear plants to Libya and getting divorced. While the French media publish nude pictures of the future (third) Mrs. Sarkozy, the situation in the ZUS has remained as “sensitive” as before.

from the same aricle.

People get mugged, even murdered, in the ZUS, but the media prefer not to write about it. When large-scale rioting erupts and officers and firemen are attacked, the behavior of the thugs is condoned with references to their “poverty” and to the “racism” of the indigenous French. The French media never devote their attention to the bleak situation of intimidation and lawlessness in which 8 percent of the population, including many poor indigenous French, are forced to live. Muslim racism toward the “infidels” is never mentioned.

this is a former intelligence officer take on it.

Xavier Raufer, a former French intelligence officer who heads the department on organized crime and terrorism at the Institute of Criminology of the University of Paris II, thinks that organized crime has a lot to do with the indifference of the French establishment.

The ZUS are centers of drug trafficking. According to a recent report of the French government’s Interdepartmental Commission to Combat Drug Traffic and Addiction (MILDT) 550,000 people in France consume cannabis on a daily basis and 1.2 million on a regular basis. The annual cannabis consumption amounts to 208 tons for a market value of 832 million euros ($1.2 billion in U.S. dollars). MILDT estimates that there are between 6,000 and 13,000 small “entrepreneurs” and between 700 and 1,400 wholesalers who make a living out of dealing cannabis. The wholesalers earn up to 550,000 euros ($820,000) per year. Since they operate from within the ZUS the drug dealers are beyond the reach of the French authorities.

The ZUS exist not only because Muslims wish to live in their own areas according to their own culture and their own Shariah laws, but also because organized crime wants to operate without the judicial and fiscal interference of the French state. In France, Shariah law and mafia rule have become almost identical.

here is the translated list of the ZUS, Parris is number 75. Atlas of Sensitive Urban Zones (ZUS)
here is the translated list of the ZUS, Parris is number 75. Atlas of Sensitive Urban Zones (ZUS)

as i said in the other thread, someone is not telling the truth and the expert may have misspoke about some things, he did speak from a point of truth, unless the French people are just not wanting to admit it any more. there have been reports about the problems and dangers in the muslim neighborhoods, going back to the mid 90's or longer. you use to see riots and them burning cars on the news all the time.
edit on 20-1-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Yeah this is almost as bad as what Dan Rather did and look what happened to him and CBS. Oh wait nothing really happened to them did it?

Anyone that puts their faith in any MSM is a fool. Fox, CNN, CBS, NBC, BBS what ever. Choose your poison or just keep the rhetoric going. It's actually what they expected from their efforts. Continue on.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

France really does have these "zones" and they are loosing control.

A media outlet as bad as FOX has led the French public and certain countries of interest to believe that these areas do not exist.

If FOX news actually had their facts straight, God help me, then France is trying to contain that information from reaching the ears of tourists, investors or certain people of interest.

If that's the case, I'll buy everybody a round of beers. No, make that shots of tequila. Lots of them. It would be the last time I get a hangover under Sharia law.

edit on 20-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Wait a second... the ZUS are immune to police? This is stunning. How can a g-8 nation have such a thing? 5 million people live in these areas? This is a whole new can of worms.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
I wonder if Jindal will also crawfish out of the hole he dug with the similar statements he made in London yesterday? The only factual proof he offered the CNN correspondent who grilled him was reapeating the the phrase "they absolutely exist" over and over again. No wonder Jindal refused to cite his source - it was Fox News.

They all seem to only get their news from fox, drudge and news max. All 3 completely garbage. Anyone who watches both sides couldn't possibly buy their hype. Every other story is about how liberal media (meaning every media source on the planet, not fox, drudge or news max) arnt telling you (fill in the blank). When it turns out MSNBC broke the story.... or that every media source in the WORLD is secretly hiding Obamas Muslim agenda. Yea, like Germany's or Israel's media is secretly in the pocket of Americas politicians.. .. That's right the vast majority of Jewish Americans voted for Obama because he hates isreal?!??

It's a joke. It's nonsensical. Thank god it doesn't work on the younger generations. Information is just too readily available. So even those under 45 who think they are conservatives usually know fox is garbage. The older ones are used to a time when media was afraid to tell lies. They would lose there credibility. Now fox just pretends the whole world is lying and none of their audience ever checks.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I keep looking up stuff...and I keep getting that there are ZUS zones but (meaning a sensitive Urban Zone) but that police can go in there and normal french people live, shop and work there. Athiests as well as Christians and nothing bad happens. I mean I watch where I walk late at night in Las Vegas, but I do know that the police do patrol and will come in. Same as in France.

It's a lie. There are NO no-go zones.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
I keep looking up stuff...and I keep getting that there are ZUS zones but (meaning a sensitive Urban Zone) but that police can go in there and normal french people live, shop and work there. Athiests as well as Christians and nothing bad happens. I mean I watch where I walk late at night in Las Vegas, but I do know that the police do patrol and will come in. Same as in France.

Now what I can buy is that organized crime is now run by Muslims in France. The drug, prostitution and robbery all being run by Muslims. Who uses weird mix of shiria law and mafia type traditions kinda as a code like the Italian mafias code. Where the only ones expected to follow it is people who play the game. That's not terrorists tho. That's gangsters. They arnt gonna suicide bomb a place. They wanna sell that place hookers and dope. However Christian Americans want a religious boogie man. They want some one to battle on the fields of faith . To be warriors for Jesus. So they have latch on to Muslims to fullfill there Armageddon mythology. So when some Christian group of kids goes nuts and shoots a bunch of school kids they are nuts. But when a group of Muslims blows up a building it's the greatest threat to America since.... Well ever....

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

Problems include:

- High unemployment.

Muslims? No.

Be aware that the french law prohibits the state from making distinction between it's citizens based upon race or belief.
They cannot include any such mention.

Discernment here is important- it is in the details. LIke I pointed out, there is no official designation, and religion isn't the separating factor. It is racial origin, which can include religious differences, but is not based upon that factor alone.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Your police are heavily armed and have the laws protecting them. Your police have a different cultural background and sense of duty than many of the latin cultures like this one- they consider it stupid to give up your life for your boss, your country, or any other authority figure who tells you to.
The risk factor when going in is more dependent upon the color of your skin, or if you have any visible signs of financial success on you. It's like any other ghetto in the world- except in the middle of one that has highly pacific cultural ethics.

The native french people are highly repulsed by the idea of hurting someone, or using a gun, so the police don't need one, but within these ghettos, you have immigrants from countries used to violence, and children growing up with it.

Underneath all of this is a large portion of embarrassment by the government on their lack of control over the situation.
The internal conflict of trying to avoid racism clashing with the growing population of criminal activity amongst the second and third generation arabs, is a huge problem they haven't found a solution to.

Our friends who are cops are terribly frustrated and discouraged- even when they arrest arabs in the middle of holding up a store, for example, they are back out on the streets the next day, as the courts are so afraid of being accused of racism, they won't hold charges.

I worked for a few years in a gas station/garage, and one night a few young arabs broke into the storage tanks and siphoned out a few barrels of gas. Silent alarms were going off, so my boss got down there and caught them in the act. The police came too, and arrested them.

A couple days later, they were let go.
And some police came to my boss to get the barrels of gas from him.... to give to the young men.
They had claimed the barrels of gas were theirs, and they had simply brought them with them to the station- not taken the gas from the station itself. (even though all the computers showed exactly that amount being taken out at the time they were there). My boss was furious, but the cops said they have to do what the judge said, and none of them want to have these guys friends end up at their home, and killing their family.

So he had to give them the gas.

They are being bullied, and are really embarrassed about that being exposed. (as well as concerned about the myriad of other problems that can come from that public exposure).

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join