It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News Finally Admits "Serious Factual Error" In Segment About Muslim "Zones"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Fox News is in hot water for comments made by their terrorism "expert" Steven Emerson as of late. During a discussion, he stated that "large swaths of European cities have been overtaken by Muslim extremists", drumming up fear across the country. Jeanine Pirro goes on to say she should have challenged Emerson’s “serious factual error”, giving us the illusion that there is actual unscripted debate happening. Give me a break...

Fox Host Apologizes For Letting Muslim "No-Go Zone" Myth Go "Unchallenged And Uncorrected"

Fox News has stood by a number of outlandish statements, but on Saturday the network formally apologized for an “expert” who claimed last week that large swaths of European cities have been taken over by Muslim extremists. The completely unsubstantiated assertion drew the ire of many Europeans, including British Prime Minister David Cameron, who called Fox News terrorism expert Steven Emerson “a complete idiot.”

It gets worse. At this point it's hard think that this was just bad reporting or a slip of the tongue. On another show, "Fox and Friends", which just sounds creepy to me, previously showed a map of all the places Muslim extremists had supposedly conquered. They also ended up issuing an apology, saying “some of the neighborhoods were highlighted incorrectly."

What a great way to spread the fear of encroaching extremists based on lies and misinformation. Just use a heavy hand when highlighting or add more red spots on a map that represent no real data. Fear keeps everyone from checking the facts. We put too much trust into the wrong people.

It continues...

The network built on the European “no go zones” story in a Jan. 14 report on “Muslim enclaves” in the U.S., asserting that cities like Redhouse, VA, Commerce, GA, and Dearborn, MI are “truly no go zones” with gated terrorist training camps and armed guards.

Fox News apologizes 4 times for inaccurate comments about Muslims in Europe

Facts please! Oh right, there aren't any. I'm afraid to think of everybody who took that statement as the absolute truth and how they might have been affected.

And another...

Fox News guest Neil Cavuto on Friday that European countries should be putting “razor-wire around those no go zones, you turn off the water and then as they come out you catalog them.” He also warned that similar no go zones governed by sharia law are spreading across the U.S.

The WORST part about it is, certain politicians are running with these claims.

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal (R), a rumored 2016 presidential contender, is planning to make a speech on Monday reiterating the existence of no go zones.

People, this is how it works. Baseless accusations by "experts" are then used to make law and alter the framework of society. Open your peepers and take notice.

"It is startling to think that any country would allow, even unofficially, for a so called ‘no-go zone.”

Yehaaw! Let's go get us some Muslims! Bang! Bang!

If our politicians use mainstream media as a source without checking the fact out for themselves then are laws are merely based on fabricated misinformation that is used to achieve the desired result.

If there is one thing to take a way from this, its that just because someone is called an "expert" at something doesn't mean you take them at face value. Especially, when they are displayed on mainstream media.

What do you think? Was this a case of proper propaganda or an honest mistake? I'm inclined to think WE ARE BEING PLAYED.

edit on 19-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

"In February 2003, Fox appealed the decision and an appellate court and had it overturned. Fox lawyers argued it was their first amendment right to report false information. In a six-page written decision, the Court of Appeals decided the FCC’s position against news distortion is only a “policy,” not a “law, rule, or regulation.”

www.philly2philly.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   

What do you think?

I think I know what all the Coffins in Georgia were intended for before they said they were "burial vaults"!!!
For Muslims & any who defend them across America!

Maybe my conjecture will also be seen as fearmongering...

But at least, admittedly it is conjecture... Rather than presented on Fox as facts!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

From the same people who's slogan is "Balanced & Fair"!!!

Murdoch is a Devil!

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Hopefully this wakes up some of the sheeple who actually buy their garbage.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

As long as there is Facebook and Twitter to make corrections and apologies on, the gullible masses will forgive them and reopen their mouths for the next serving. They expect the truth to come from the news as well as someone to come along and correct it for them when its wrong. And that's only if they get caught.

Most of the time they've already made their minds, thus proving that the media can change what a person stands for just by talking out their ass.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I think it was an honest mistake. They realized their expert was incorrect and they corrected the error. It's not like they are the only news program that ever made this kind of error. Had they not apologized and corrected the misinformation, then that would be a whole different story.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What do you think? Was this a case of proper propaganda or an honest mistake? I'm inclined to think WE ARE BEING PLAYED.

The MSM is playing everybody like a piano.

This case is probably a psy-ops controlled opposition.

They are very clever.

They make statements that are easily dis-proved and keep the attention away from the real thing and everybody just automatically thinks there's no such animal anywhere.

These "no-go" zones may actually exist in France.

The French government has lists and laws to prove it.

French Government website...lists and actual laws>>
Atlas des Zones urbaines sensibles (Zus)

Article...
Muslims segregated from French society in growing Islamist mini-states

Hmmm.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
I think it was an honest mistake. They realized their expert was incorrect and they corrected the error. It's not like they are the only news program that ever made this kind of error. Had they not apologized and corrected the misinformation, then that would be a whole different story.

They got caught. And at least from me, APOLOGY UNACCEPTED.

The damage has been done and the fear has spread. What makes you think everyone that was misinformed even caught the apology? They time them just right as to pass like a fart in the breeze.

When the cat is out of the bag, your bound to get a few scratches while trying to put it back in. You can't correct an error when it leaves scars.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So are you going to list all of cnn's lies and misinformation or single out Fox News?
Don't take this as defending fox, I just think there is plenty of lies to go around.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Oh, I have no doubt that it is scripted and intentional and maybe a huge experiment too.

And the worst part? People never remember the retraction/correction/apology. The damage is done.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
You have to exaggerate, show some pizzazz and fear
when you appeal to the lowest common denominator.

+4 more 
posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
So are you going to list all of cnn's lies and misinformation or single out Fox News?
Don't take this as defending fox, I just think there is plenty of lies to go around.

This happened on Fox News, why would I talk about the others? I'm sure their time will come. This is current and affects they way many people think and feel at the moment.

If you wanted an "All Media Lies" super thread, you're going to have to create one your own. Your point is understood, but I hope you don't use that argument every time someone points out a mistake in the media. It takes away from the current offender whose been caught with their pants down. Give each of them their own spotlight.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Murdoch is a Devil!

And a arsehole!!.....How do these people get away with this crap....Untouchable for whatever reason.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Why is it that the current administration can tell proven lies or not attend to business and you don't care ?

Let some guy of zero significance on Fox make a stupid statement and you spend three hundred words knocking the whole network? You people keep trying to kill the messenger. It ain't working! Strangely, evidently Fox News has more credibility in the long run than CNN and MSNBC as the viewers of those two networks are abandoning them in droves. ("Droves" being the most accurate stat I can come up with on short notice.)

edit on 18-1-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

No.
One time, maybe, but that is not the case.
This was intentional.

Jump to 3:48 mark to get to the point.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-1-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Murdoch is a Devil!

And a arsehole!!.....How do these people get away with this crap....Untouchable for whatever reason.

14 billion dollars, hundreds of media outlets & a hidden hand might be the reason for his everlasting control.

(post by mOjOm removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Why is it that the current administration can tell proven lies or not attend to business and you don't care?

And how would you know that exactly? Entering a thread with accusations about me, "the messenger", which you claim I am attacking here, is not a good way to make a point when you are doing the same.

Let some guy of zero significance on Fox make a stupid statement and you spend three hundred words knocking the whole network?

Your damn right I'm going to. When stupid statements come from the mouth of "experts", certain people take those statements to heart. And the fact those statements are about Muslims multiplies the damage that can be done.

I am well aware of much more grand conspiracies and who are really pulling the strings but I cant seem to understand why members here are telling me where to focus my thoughts.

I didn't load my gun to go hunting, I stumbled across this and brought it to my favorite website. And the fact that you pointed out my word count to make a point saddens me. I personally REFUSE to make short microwave dinner posts like so many other members do on this site.

edit on 18-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   

If I were them I'll be more afraid of Christian Extremists, just watch this video

edit on 18-1-2015 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join