It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky proposal: Encounter a transgender person in the wrong restroom, sue for up to $2,500

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow
a reply to: Annee

Might have to put your foot down on that Brony thing.. he might not be able to find a partner - male or female if he keeps that Brony # up.

LOL

Well, I'm a SciFi, disaster, monster movie fan. Will strongly influence, without being too authoritarian.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Why do I read these threads?, ATS sometimes seems stuck in an ignorance feedback loop. These same knuckle-draggers insisting I use the mens room are the same who would scream blue murder if I was actually in the mens room doing my make-up or pulling up my hoes.

Go back to the dark ages, the modern world does not want nor need you.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

a reply to: Vaedur

You avoided my questions. You just got self righteous without asking why I called you out which I have already explained in above posts, then made a comment about private bathrooms which are not economically feasible for large facilities and arent the reality and wont be the reality outside the school.

So its really some other concern if it's not sexual predatora etc because kids definitely arent finding that in early gradeschool. What is your actual concern about whats happening or might happen in these schools?

I never said you were a bad dad, but you arent aupporting your child in this instance or this message board.

Explain to me how I am "clearly not" supporting my child then. I have some choice words I"d like to say to you but I like being a member of this site.

posted on Jan, 20 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This could easily fixed by changing bathroom signs. "Have a penis? Use this restroom. Have a vagina? Use this restroom." "P" vs. "V" labelled restrooms removes the entire "stigma" of gender identity from the equation. It boils it right down to biology.

Thus, a post-op Transgender could then use the restroom of their newly assigned gender.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Is it not obvious? You agree with this ludicrous fear mongering and should your daughter continue feeling she is the opposite sex for her life you are helping set a presidence of prejudice. You are arguing against trans people being correct about their own gender id and you will, by voicing your opinion, potentially help lay the groundwork that may make is life less comfortable, free, and harder even if just barely.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Is it not obvious? You agree with this ludicrous fear mongering and should your daughter continue feeling she is the opposite sex for her life you are helping set a presidence of prejudice. You are arguing against trans people being correct about their own gender id and you will, by voicing your opinion, potentially help lay the groundwork that may make is life less comfortable, free, and harder even if just barely.

If you say so. You don't know what I'm like in my personal life.... your making a guess. a very mean spirited one. Get off your soapbox. I"ve seen time and time again you insult people on this site who disagree with you.... are you transgender? do you have a possibly transgender child? You don't know what my life is like. Get back to the topic and stop insulting me and how you assume I handle my child.
edit on 21-1-2015 by Vaedur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I havent even posted here in months, but if ive insulted people it's been ones that were being absurd. Im not trying to attack you I'm trying to help you. You are agreeing with people that do not have transgenser peoples best intereat at heart. They generally cant come right out and say it but thwir actions apeak for them. I just figured yous want to make the world better foe your child id they do in fact turn out to be transgendered.

I'm not. I'm a hetero cis male, but as I said I have reaearched and talkes to trans people for stories, seen the adversity my best friend has faced aimply for being gay, seen what trans people have faced, and I currently live in Kentucky.

Question.. do you think you might be against because you are on the fenve about your child's status and are afraid that if your child staryed going to a bathroom ahe currently id'd with it might push your kid for certainty towards trans?

I could agree with private bathrooms in elementary school, but from middle school and up (and all public)people should be free to use the one they I.d. with. The idea that men are going to use that as a loophole is absurd. If thwy want to go into a womens room they arent foing to see much with the stalls but they could sneak in with out croas dressing. Its just ridiculous concept.
edit on 21-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I havent even posted here in months, but if ive insulted people it's been ones that were being absurd. Im not trying to attack you I'm trying to help you. You are agreeing with people that do not have transgenser peoples best intereat at heart. They generally cant come right out and say it but thwir actions apeak for them. I just figured yous want to make the world better foe your child id they do in fact turn out to be transgendered.

I'm not. I'm a hetero cis male, but as I said I have reaearched and talkes to trans people for stories, seen the adversity my best friend has faced aimply for being gay, seen what trans people have faced, and I currently live in Kentucky.

Question.. do you think you might be against because you are on the fenve about your child's status and are afraid that if your child staryed going to a bathroom ahe currently id'd with it might push your kid for certainty towards trans?

I could agree with private bathrooms in elementary school, but from middle school and up (and all public)people should be free to use the one they I.d. with. The idea that men are going to use that as a loophole is absurd. If thwy want to go into a womens room they arent foing to see much with the stalls but they could sneak in with out croas dressing. Its just ridiculous concept.

How about women who simply don't want dudes with a penis in their bathroom?

Why does the world need to revolve around what gender somebody "ID's" with instead of what the other 99.993% of the world wants?

There is no Constitutional guarantee that you get to pee in the same room with women if you have a penis.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Of course.

Transgenders in full gender identifying dress, with heels, belong in the men's bathroom, where its absolutely safe for them to adjust their makeup.

Maybe we should just stick a bucket outside so they can whip it out and not bother anyone.

Equal rights doesn't mean just my rights.

Sometimes you have to think beyond yourself.

edit on 22-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm just going to say I'm done discussing my child with you. Have a good day. Again, you don't know what my life is like. Hopefully we can just agree to disagree. I don't need your help. I pay someone enough for that. Thanks though.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

You arent peeing with "dudes." Your prejudice is showing.

I would say a good 50 percent of tge world is understanding of trans people (hell even some middle eastern countries). The ones with the most prejudice seem to be the big three first world leaders and rasical mideast. You continue showng your ignorance. Much more of the world is confortable with it than you think. In Brazil sex reassignment is covered by health care they believe in a right to feel good about your self. Very common in thailand and other Asian countries.. India has a tradition hundreds of years old if not older. i believe it's Phillipines are fighting for the right of a trans person murdered by a us soldier - which may be a step in determining our fate there.
We already know many european countries just let people use the bathroom they identify with..

The fact is you shouldnt really know or care what sex parts someone has. In what way would it really actually effect you except for prudes who spend all day outraged by non events, it wont.
edit on 22-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If you are paying someone for help I hope they are helping you and not the kid. Im afraid you may be a little backwards on who needs it.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

YOu don't know when to quit do you.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I was being serious. If you are getting "help" for your kid for this you should stop and work on yourself. I guess you can get tough guy to avoid the truth, but it solves nothibg. Paying someone for help sounds ominous given your worldview. I keep going in my mind to the pray the gay out christian camps.
You probably should pay me i'd do a pretty good job.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

In Brazil sex reassignment is covered by health care they believe in a right to feel good about your self.

It's actually not that simple. It is true that you can get doctors, exams, hormones and even surgeries for free here. Unfortunately, that is because being transgender is considered a mental illness, and the government is obligated to assist the "sick" people.

That said, I went to a place in Sao Paulo where you can begin your transition. Everybody who actually works there is very understanding and not at all ignorant. It takes a while for everything to happen, though. My first appointment is next week. I've been waiting for four months.

I will talk to a GP next week, she'll check if I'm healthy and up for the next steps. Then, she'll redirect me to an endocrinologist, who will obviously be in charge of checking if my body can take hormones, the dosage, etc.

Along with that, I'll go to group therapy sessions held there. After two years of the therapy, I'm allowed to get my breats removed. Here's the tricky part.

Usually, only one surgery gets done in a month. Until now, only transgender women have gotten it. Transgender men end up paying for it and getting the surgery somewhere else.

And finally, transgender men can't get the bottom surgery here. And even if we could, there aren't good choices out there. Modern medicine still needs to advance a bit... I'm sure they could do it, but nobody has done it yet.

Anyway. As I said, I'll go there next week and we'll see how it goes.

About this thread, though: again, transgender men usually don't have the bottom surgery (either because it's not allowed or because it sucks). We can take hormones and get our breasts removed. So following some people's logics, someone with a deep voice, a beard, no boobs and who is attracted to women would still be going to the women's bathroom. Will you be comfortable then? Because that's what you want.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LukeDAP

There are non sexual rwassignment plastic surgeries also covered there. So even if its considered a mental illness it's not considered anymore of one than being unhappy with your appearance. There is much less stigma about plastic surgery there. Some isnt covered but as I understand it any that effecta happiness or quality of life is covered.

I dont know that I agree its looked at as a mental illness. I have friends in Sau Paulo actually. Ill ask them tonight.

I wouldnt give a damn what a stranger in a public bathroom has going on down there. Why would I care? Most male to female still have male genitals. I have been arguing they should still be allowed Iin womens room. Same goes dor female to male. it wouldnt effect me at all.

Are trans people in Brazil not allowed to go to the public bathroom that they I.d. with because I believe they are.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join