It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky proposal: Encounter a transgender person in the wrong restroom, sue for up to $2,500

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatfish

I should have just left politics out of it. It has been edited. A picture from a Google search led me to a message board and the gentleman appeared to know his stuff. I should have fact checked. It really didn't add anything to the core issue anyway. Lesson learned.
edit on 18-1-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
a reply to: Flatfish

Here's the Transgender Law Center and their equality map.

They should know.

transgenderlawcenter.org...

Well, I've looked at the info you provided and if anything, the opposite of what was said is true.
The site map clearly shows that the more equality offered by the state, the bluer it is.
So the original statement in the OP is absolutely false, it's the red states where equality is hard to find, which in turn makes this legislation coming out of Kentucky more predictable than interesting.
edit on 18-1-2015 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

This is absurd. Good luck proving they were in the wrong bathroom. Does this apply to the elderly people and kids who accidentally go into the wrong bathroom? If it doesn't apply to everyone then it seems a bit prejudicial.

We are going to look back on how we treated people with different gender id and sexualities the same way we look back on our previous treatment of women and african americans.

Would it really effect you? If you are paying that much attention to know someone is trans or cis gendered in a public bathroom... well you might be the one with the problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

The ignorance here is overwhelming. The point you are trying to make is absurd. The rapes on campus are an unrelated issue regarding frats and party life.

If you think people are bexoming trans and taking hormone replacement therapy and androgens that cause inability to have erections, testicles to shrink, and secondary female characteristica to develop so they can get at the young coeds in the batheoom.. well that says alot about your intelligence.

If someone was intent on raping someone wouldnt they just wait until a better opportunity (another location) rather than years of drugs that often render them sexually dysfunctional so they can get at girls in the bathroom?

You see that you are being totally ignorant right? Hell.. why blend in at all.. if a guy wants to rape someone ina bathroom he doesnt have to become trans.. he can just sneak in and hide in a stall.

These arguments are so damn dumb.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Couple points. Society is drastically changing. These statistics are outdated.
Two. Transgender people should use the bathroom that identifies with the gender they were born with. It's selfish. Yes it makes you uncomfortable, but having a person born a man in a womans bathroom isn't exactly appropriate.
Three. My six year old daughter thinks she is a boy, and I support her(him.. idk) the best I can, and we are very loving and supporting, but right is right.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Vaedur

You are wrong.
And its clear you dont and wouldnt support your child.

Say someone is mtf trans. Unless they are nude they are physically indistinguishable from a female. Why should they go have to go to a mens bathroom where they feel uncomfortable and may be sexually harrassed or accosted by hetero men?

This person:

Safer in a men's room or a women's room? Because she's in fact a transwoman.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Then there should actually be an extra washroom in some larger malls for transgenders. Because quite frankly, don't feel safe in public washrooms, don't feel safe, and the womens washroom is where babies are changed and little girls are taken, even non potty trained boys. And we don't want men in there. 96% of all murders are done by males. And the entire transgender issue is a huge loop hole in which any predator can dress up like a woman and access vulnerable women and children.

The unisex ones in smaller restaurants, are for one person at a time and you can lock the door. Don't care about that.

And NO. Will not allow that loophole to exist.

edit on 19-1-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

The idea that predators are going to dress like women to use a "loophole" to access women is absurd fear mongering. Its on the same level of stupidity as the satanic panic. Predators dont have to fo through the trouble of dressing up like women to prey on others... I mean unless they want to draw attention to themselves and be caught very quickly.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Next somebody will want the TSA stationed outside washrooms.

They will direct you to the correct location !!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

You are wrong.
And its clear you dont and wouldnt support your child.

Say someone is mtf trans. Unless they are nude they are physically indistinguishable from a female. Why should they go have to go to a mens bathroom where they feel uncomfortable and may be sexually harrassed or accosted by hetero men?

This person:

Safer in a men's room or a women's room? Because she's in fact a transwoman.

Um I do. And can I have that dudes number? He's hot!!!
You don't know what my personal life is like, you are making a assumption.. You know what they say when you assume things. Who are you to say that I don't. Maybe you should read my thread on the topic sometimes. School are actually adapting with private bathrooms that are not gender specific. Which i think is the solution to the transgender bathroom issue. Don't be so close minded. Dispite what ever my personal beliefs are, I'm a father first, and one hell of a father at that. Your not the one on a daily basis saying "Yes, he's a boy to everyone we come in contact with." That's one hell of an assumption to make, and you should be ashamed of yourself for calling out my character based on how I believe a bathroom should be pee'd in by whom.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Jamie1

The ignorance here is overwhelming. The point you are trying to make is absurd. The rapes on campus are an unrelated issue regarding frats and party life.

If you think people are bexoming trans and taking hormone replacement therapy and androgens that cause inability to have erections, testicles to shrink, and secondary female characteristica to develop so they can get at the young coeds in the batheoom.. well that says alot about your intelligence.

If someone was intent on raping someone wouldnt they just wait until a better opportunity (another location) rather than years of drugs that often render them sexually dysfunctional so they can get at girls in the bathroom?

You see that you are being totally ignorant right? Hell.. why blend in at all.. if a guy wants to rape someone ina bathroom he doesnt have to become trans.. he can just sneak in and hide in a stall.

These arguments are so damn dumb.

Ignorance is believing your thoughts are right and everyone else is wrong. that's close minded .

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99

Then there should actually be an extra washroom in some larger malls for transgenders. Because quite frankly, don't feel safe in public washrooms, don't feel safe, and the womens washroom is where babies are changed and little girls are taken, even non potty trained boys. And we don't want men in there. 96% of all murders are done by males. And the entire transgender issue is a huge loop hole in which any predator can dress up like a woman and access vulnerable women and children.

The unisex ones in smaller restaurants, are for one person at a time and you can lock the door. Don't care about that.

And NO. Will not allow that loophole to exist.

Well, here's what's going on in Canada.

Motion passes for genderless bathrooms in Vancouver schools

The new policy calls for single-stall, gender neutral washrooms in all school buildings so that a child will not have to tell anyone their gender based on the bathroom that they use. The new policy also pledges to reduce or eliminate the practice of segregating students by their sex.

globalnews.ca...

edit on 19-1-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Ooh la la

they exclaimed !!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I actually have read your thread on the topic. The indicator that you havent fot a grip on the situation is that you son't use the preferred pronouns or use them both as some sort of semi disclaimer.

Then theres the fact you would deny your child safety and comfort of the bathroom that matches their gender id. It has nothing to do with sexuality. Gender id is a separate thing completely.

If someone says that they don't want trans women in the women because potential sexual attraction thwn why not just say they think lesbians should go to the mens room as well.

The whole argument is absurd.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No. Ignorance is being ignorant on a subject. This is something I've considered at great lengths and even had long discussions with a transwoman online to ask questions for a paper im writing.

If it was a relative issue then maybe saying im right and you/anyone else is wrong might be ignorant, but it's not relative.

If you think mistreatments of blacks and gays and anyone else was wrong then you agree. If you disagree you in fact are being ignorant and need to do more research.

There is not one valid argument for why a transperson shoulsnt be allowed to use the bathroom of the sex they identify with.

Im not being closeminded thats a toothless remark because you know its not true. I even back up all my statementa. The person I was responding to with their fear monger attitude is the closeminded one.
edit on 19-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

If someone says that they don't want trans women in the women because potential sexual attraction thwn why not just say they think lesbians should go to the mens room as well.

The whole argument is absurd.

LOL I almost posted that.

Those worried more about a Transgender in the woman's bathroom --- then a Lesbian.

It is really absurd.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   

You avoided my questions. You just got self righteous without asking why I called you out which I have already explained in above posts, then made a comment about private bathrooms which are not economically feasible for large facilities and arent the reality and wont be the reality outside the school.

So its really some other concern if it's not sexual predatora etc because kids definitely arent finding that in early gradeschool. What is your actual concern about whats happening or might happen in these schools?

I never said you were a bad dad, but you arent aupporting your child in this instance or this message board.
edit on 19-1-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm raising a 7 year old boy. I just go with whoever he is at the moment.

While he seems typical stereotype boy in his physicality, general attitude and behavior, his favorite color is yellow, his next favorite is pink. He proudly wears his Brony shirt to school and takes his Twilight Sparkle to share.

Adults can be really stupid. His Walking School Bus lady was very confused when he tried to share Twilight Sparkle with her. She says: "I don't know who that is, we don't have pink in our house". Idiot!

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis

In twenty nine states, it’s still legal to fire someone solely because they’re lesbian, gay, or bisexual. In thirty four states, it is legal to fire someone solely for being transgender.

Please show me where it is legal to fire someone for being different in these 29 states.

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Might have to put your foot down on that Brony thing.. he might not be able to find a partner - male or female if he keeps that Brony # up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join