It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

a reply to: neo96

Did you really just say that gun owners have it worse in American that Muslims do?!

Are you serious?

~Tenth

Yeah they do.

'Gun violence', 'Gun culture' not enough proof ?

I find it funny Gun owners are looked down upon MORE SO than terrorists.

And there you have it.

Neo considers ALL American Muslims to be terrorists.

~Tenth

That's rich coming from someone who said what was it ?

Americans and their 'gun culture'.

Pot calling the kettle.

How is saying that America has a gun culture the same as you thinking that all Muslims are terrorists? Yours is bigotry/xenophobia, the tenths is an observation.

As opposed to the BIGOTRY of GUNPHOBIA ?

Honestly with statements like that it scares me that you are allowed to own a gun.

link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Like 'Gun Culture' 'Gun violence' isn't made up?

Like the term 'assualt weapon' isn't made up that is only used to define a gun that looks 'scary', and has nothing to do with it's function.

link   

(A) Who cares? When joe celebrity weighs in on a political topic I always think...who cares? they are not Politicians, they are actors. Why is their political opinion more informed than anyone elses? The only people who might care are dull witted celebrity worshipers who need Liam Neeson to tell them what to think.

(B) He didn't blast gun ownership in America. He blasted the number of guns and gun owners in America...and that I agree with. I am pro gun ownership, but if you want to make the argument that some of these wackos that shoot up schools, malls and movie theaters deserve to be gun-owners...I disagree. Too many? Sure.. I didn't see him calling for any ban on gun ownership in the USA.

edit on 15-1-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheArrow

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
When common sense has already been used what's left to try?

Prohibition.

It works all over the globe. It could work here.

Didn't work too well when they tried that with alcohol here. Did it?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Did you really just say that gun owners have it worse in American that Muslims do?!

Are you serious?

~Tenth

Yeah they do.

'Gun violence', 'Gun culture' not enough proof ?

I find it funny Gun owners are looked down upon MORE SO than terrorists.

And there you have it.

Neo considers ALL American Muslims to be terrorists.

~Tenth

That's rich coming from someone who said what was it ?

Americans and their 'gun culture'.

Pot calling the kettle.

How is saying that America has a gun culture the same as you thinking that all Muslims are terrorists? Yours is bigotry/xenophobia, the tenths is an observation.

As opposed to the BIGOTRY of GUNPHOBIA ?

Honestly with statements like that it scares me that you are allowed to own a gun.

Good thing my rights don't come from you or government.

They NEVER HAVE.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

And that's why I say it's been piss poor. I don't disagree that most gun laws only hurt law abiding citizens, that's very much true.

I would think there would be a way to improve things though no? I'm not sure if they closed that whole gun show loophole, but that seems like a big one.

It would help if the Fed wasn't gun running to Mexico either I suppose. I'm not saying I have the answer, I just think you're not being represented correctly on the National stage, much like almost every other group these days.

~Tenth

This is why I love you man.
We can debate anything without getting our feathers ruffled and remain friends.
Priceless.

link   

Seriously being obtuse?

Alrightie then.

All muslim's aren't bad, but ALL gun owners are.

Still not getting it. What are you talking about?

link   

Where do your rights come from?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
He can say what he wants... And I can choose to stop going to his movies in response to his narrow minded short sighted comments.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Prohibition.

Worked great for alcohol.
It also gave us some great Americans:
Bugsy Malone, Machine gun Charley, Al Capone.

Let's not forget governments will still have their guns.
Also worked out great for Nazi Germany and Red China.

Eta: Waco was the result of the Nation's top gun control organization enforcing "the law"
edit on 15-1-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So since the people you call out for making things up do it then it makes it ok for you to?

And how is gun violence made up? People kill people with guns, that happens neo.
Gun culture is cause I can walk into albertsons right now and go to the magazines and see 10 different ones with guns on the cover.
All our movies and shows involve people going around shooting people.
We live in a nation that prides its self on having the most guns than anyone else.
Yes, it is a culture.

Again has nothing to do with you making up Gunphobes and claiming bigotry on weapons

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I said "Gun users"... Meaning people who have shot other people or committed armed robbery or anything else heinous & cowardly at Gun point...

Not "Gun owners"... Meaning people who own guns...

I don't doubt the majority of Gun owners intentions to only use in defence...

Gun users I'd put in the cowardly majority... Used usually against unarmed people.

That's a Gun problem...anywhere in the World including the States.

Do the NRA not have big arse gatherings & events for all Gun owners to meet up and discuss their values and beliefs and rights together...

That is a Gun culture, not a Gun problem...
It's not a bad thing...

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Prohibition.

Worked great for alcohol.
It also gave us some great Americans:
Bugsy Malone, Machine gun Charley, Al Capone.

Let's not forget governments will still have their guns.
Also worked out great for Nazi Germany and Red China.

"Never judge a philosophy by its abuse."
~ Saint Augustine

It also works great in Japan.

If you exclude flat out prohibition and simply prohibit public carrying of firearms, the number of countries that it is working great in jumps up by quite a lot.

So, it would seem that the common sense restrictions are working in places that actually have them.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

My rights come from here:

www.aclu.org...

Second Amendment A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Self evident what that says

The rights of the militia. The Rights of the people. BEING NECSSARY TO THE SECURITY of FREE state.

Moving on.

Fourth Amendment The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

The right of the people to be SECURE in their persons,houses,papers, and EFFECTS.

Fifth Amendment No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself; nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use without just compensation.

I can not be held accountable for the crime of someone else without DUE PROCESS.

Sixth Amendment In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed; which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor; and to have the assistance of counsel for his defence.

I and like millions of gun owners have never had day in court, and repeated held accountable for a crime someone else commits.

Seventh Amendment In Suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury shall be otherwise reexamined in any Court of the United States, than according to the rules of common law.

Guns cost more than 20 bucks. So do the taxes,license,and fees.

Ninth Amendment The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Gun owner rights have clearly been laid out.

But those rights,and the other rights quoted have been DENIED, and DISPARAGED.

For the actions of what a person did that was already in violation of existing laws that says a person can't shoot another.

But by GOD some people think it's ok to trample on almost the entire bill of rights.

Tenth Amendment The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

Gun ownership is not prohibited by the constitution.

The rights laid out above are RESERVED to the people.

And when the mob says ban guns, make people prove themselves worthy of ownership, and the rest of the violations are ILLEGAL.
edit on 15-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
WOW

Lots of personal attacks in this topic I see.

Doesn't everybody know the only way to take the guns away from people is for other people to use guns to take them away?

What is society left with then you ask?

"Other people with guns".

Does Liam Neeson know that the most governments have more guns at federal and local levels than any other group?

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

First of all, comparing the UK and the US is apples and oranges - the two are not the same.
What it is right and applicable for one is not necessarily right for the other.

Do a little research (as I have) and what you find is that in countries without guns the stabbing rates go through the roof.
In England for example, a country the size of a small state, the number of stabbings last year is approaching 30,000.

But compare the number of deaths by guns in the US compared to the number of deaths in the UK by both guns and knives, its alarmingly lower in the UK.

Selected use of the facts can give a very biased and inaccurate representation of the facts.

Getting on to Liam Neeson.

Surely as a naturalised American citizen he is entitled to voice his opinion?
I thought the US and its people fully supported Freedom of Speech?

And its worth pointing out that he's an Actor - the roles he plays on the 'big screen' aren't representations of him and his own personal opinions.

Anthony Hopkins played Hannibal Lector in Silence of the Lambs - that doesn't mean he supports peoples right to kill other people and eat parts of them.
If he criticised a real life cannibal killer would he be labelled a hypocrite?

Actors act - they pretend- doesn't mean they can't have opinions that differ from those of characters they portray.

edit on 15/1/15 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

www.aclu.org...

So... a piece of paper?

I don't think you know what the piece of paper means if you think that it is that piece of paper that gives you your rights, and not the faith your fellow countrymen have in that piece of paper.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So your rights do come from government because I remember you saying this

Good thing my rights don't come from you or government.

From your link

Congress of the United States begun and held at the City of New-York, on Wednesday the fourth of March, one thousand seven hundred and eighty nine.
RESOLVED by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America

edit on 15-1-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

www.aclu.org...

Second Amendment A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Damn Neo...Did you just say your rights come from the ACLU? .....

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheArrow

Culturally, Japan is very different from the US, the people are more obedient and they have much less of gang on gang violence. According to CDC over 80% of gun violence that are not suicides are gang related. Take away their part in the statistics and you left with less than 1 in 100,000 gun deaths that are not suicides or gang related (lower in fact than most countries in Europe). So do we really have a Gang Problem or a Gun Problem?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join