It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Action Hero Liam Neeson on Paris Attack: US Gun Ownership ‘A [Bleeping] Disgrace’

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Actually the op included two sources.

Where it says on to the next article from here.

www.inquisitr.com...

With direct quotations sourced from the second.

Ok, I've read this entire thread. I'm late posting, but first off my thoughts. First off, stop referring to the "OP", when the "OP" is you. Just say I. Stop referring to yourself in the third person. It's stupid enough when famous people do it.

Two, yes, actors and actresses ARE allowed to have an opinion. I happen to hold Michael J. Fox's, for example, in high regard, considering Parkinson's research. After all, he suffers from the disease. When Seth Rogen testified before Congress about needing more research money for Parkinson's because his MIL suffers from it as well, you can imagine how many people told him to stuff his opinion and stick to acting. Apparently if you are an actor you void any an all opinions. I imagine they should have put that in their contracts once they applied for their SAG cards. Shame that the 1st Amendment only applies to a select few in this country, or at least that's how some think anyway.

Three, Je suis knock it off! You are no more persecuted than any other dang group! No one is coming for your guns. If Obama was coming for your guns, don't you think he would have gotten them by now? Especially considering he only has 2 years left? Please consider this coming from someone who is anti-Obama. There is no love here. But let's face it, he's not going to wait until his last day of office and just before the clock ticks midnight, Cinderella (Obama) is not going to declare martial law, take your guns and put us in FEMA camps. (And yes, I know some who truly believe this!)

In the spirit of kindness, please try to have a nice day. Take a break from the thread and take a walk and breath a bit. Stuff like that always helps to calm me down.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

OP means opening post, so your criticism is unwarranted.

As for the OP, hypocrisy at its finest, freedom of speech until it's something you don't want to hear. Liam Neeson is expressing his opinion (one I agree with for the record), his freedom of speech, yet he is being condemned for speaking out against public gun ownership?? Hypocrisy at its finest.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: woogleuk
a reply to: Anyafaj

OP means opening post, so your criticism is unwarranted.

As for the OP, hypocrisy at its finest, freedom of speech until it's something you don't want to hear. Liam Neeson is expressing his opinion (one I agree with for the record), his freedom of speech, yet he is being condemned for speaking out against public gun ownership?? Hypocrisy at its finest.

I apologize then on OP. I honestly thought OP meant Original Poster. So I will humbly take back number one. As much as I may not agree with all of what Neeson is saying, he does have the right to say it. Like it or not. I find it sad that many condemn him for his freedom of speech because he is "just an actor, they aren't paid to have opinions". Once Neeson became a citizen of this country, he became more than an actor, he became someone entitled to those opinions, whether we like them or not.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:51 PM
link   
You know.. his future contracts will probably change from now on. It is product placement. There is no difference between him holding a Coke on screen and then saying it sucks and is bad for you off screen. That's a big part of how big films like his make money we just dont think about it as much with guns.

I actually read Rock Island will no longer be supplying guna for his (or maybe many) hollywood films and are urging other gun makers to do the same. That may already have been posted.

He truly is an idiot.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Eh.. depends on his contract. Guns in movies are product placement no different than Coke or Nike.

Rock Island firearms wjose weapons he uses in the film are allegedly ending many of thwir hollywood contracts. He's an actor who should have stuck to acting rather tban politica. He probably cost people money with hia dumb remarks. Not to mention his opinion is pretty ignorant.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

He's an actor who should have stuck to acting rather tban politica.

Same as Ted Nugent is a rock star and should have stuck to playing the guitar rather than politics?
Or is it ok for him to express his opinion?

edit on 26/1/15 by Freeborn because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Agreed. And though I'll get a lot of flack for it, people like Emma Watson irritate me a lot. People only listen and pay attention to issues if a "pretty" face is selling it. That's what gets me.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

He's an actor who should have stuck to acting rather tban politica.

Same as Ted Nugent is a rock star and should have stuck to playing the guitar rather than politics?
Or is it ok for him to express his opinion?

Ted Nugent should've stuck to music yes, he's an idiot yes, but Liam here is an ironic hypocrit idiot.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

My brother mentioned her the other day. She was apparently saying the words gender equality and he though she might be sensible and rounded and have something real to say, but it was just the words "gender equality." Really she was only presenting the views of one gender and the inequalities it faced both real and percieved. Sure that's a real issue you can address, but it's not the whole issue or an enlightened position. Same ole same ole.

Accent tricked him proper.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:06 AM
link   

At least you recognise that there can be idiocy and hypocrisy on both sides.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I don't pay attention to her. But if she's talking about gender equality she should be quiet. First of all, she doesn't struggle to make ends meet like most women, she lives a luxurious, cushy life. Makes millions for smiling and reciting lines. Then has the nerve to get up there and preach about gender equality. Excuse me, but women like her push the "beauty is better" "beauty gets you things" credo down our throats constantly. Gender equality? Ask real women who work their asses off and not some overhyped princess who doesn't know what a hard day's work truly is.

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join