It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Police Helmets An idea For Continuous On Duty Lie Detection & Brainwave Surveillance

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: hellobruce

When they give a report or testamony it should be verbal so the helmets could instantly detect if they were telling the truth.

So you would also agree that the criminals when they give testimony should also have to wear one, as well as every lawyer....

What do you think about police using this technoloy?

This is a weeding out of criminal police with emotive type helmets and technology discussion thread.

This isnt a criminal citizen discussion thread.

But sure lie detectors are used in the courts even now so no bit whoopteeydoo there.

We want honest police officers dont we?

Of course this technology could be used to weed out bad jurors, lawyers, crooked judges, polititians, soldiers etc. . . . But thats not the topic of this thread.

Actually polygraphs aren't "used in the courts now" they way you try to make it sound. But hey, don't let a fact like that get in the way of your agenda

My agenda is get rid of bad cops, plain and simple.
Whats gets me is some people like you seem to be against rooting out bad cops.
This method could work wonders and stop crooked police officers, so we could only pick heroic police officers that lived up to the heroic ideals the police are supposed to honor.

This method could bring back trust which is a good thing.

What gets ME is that you think you have any idea about me based off my comment that polygraphs aren't used the way you implied.

So you're okay with the 1984 thought police? So where's it end? How long until people start pushing for it not to just be applied to police, but everybody else? I think the last 20 years have shown pretty well that when the door is opened on a technology being used by the government, it's going to be used all the way. So tell me OP, you really think a world exists where it would be used on police and police alone? Or is it going to be a relatively short period of time before it starts getting put on everybody's head, at all times, and you start having laws passed that allow arrest based on what's inside your head?
edit on 14-1-2015 by Shamrock6 because: typo

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The police are a perfect place to start the thought police.

Just think no more racist or crooked cops.

There should also be a series of daily questions cops would have to answer which would be designed to get into if they had racist intentions as well as if they have been breaking the law at any time wether on or off duty.
edit on 14-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

You answered all my questions when you said "perfect place to start."

That tells me you're okay with thought police for everybody.

I can't even fathom that being okay, so I'm done here. Good day sir

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: IntastellaBurst
I have an idea,

How about they wear an mp3 player with headphones which continually plays these messages :

" killing innocent things is bad "
" I am not a god "
" I must treat people with respect"
" I am well endowed "
" bullies cant hurt me anymore "
" hurlinf babies through windows is bad"

Etc

Etc

You know that may actually work. Now we need to find a company that we trust to make it

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You answered all my questions when you said "perfect place to start."

That tells me you're okay with thought police for everybody.

I can't even fathom that being okay, so I'm done here. Good day sir

Dude you do know you are being data collected at all times wether you want to or not by this group we fund called the NSA.

Its only fair someone watches the watchers, preferably not the police, but instead an outside group commited to bringing crooked and racist cops to justice.
Lets not forget the pre-crime comming to a neighborhood near you reguardless of how you as a citizen may feel about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I would lol so hard if cops had to wear good cop helmets it would be just too priceless!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I dont really see a down side to watching the watchers and keeping them honest.

With this technology we could do that. . . . .

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Just think with this technology we would be virtually bad cop free, to watch the police and keep them honest should be one of our first priorities. Holding them to a higher standard and proving they hold up to the ideals we pay them to uphold.
edit on 1-2-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Just think with this technology we would be virtually bad cop free, /quote]

Just think, with this technology we could be criminal free, just have every one wear it , then if a criminal straight to jail. Or we could install them every 50m on the road, then as you walk past they can catch the criminals!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Just think, with this technology we could be criminal free, just have every one wear it , then if a criminal straight to jail. Or we could install them every 50m on the road, then as you walk past they can catch the criminals!

Holy off topic comment jack in the box hole in a donut batman way to jump to putting them on citizens when this thread is about watching the watchers meaning rooting out bad cops from the good cops.

We need police we can trust to protect and serve as they have sworn to do.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:36 AM
link   

to putting them on citizens

Much better to put them on citizens and church ministers - just think how many pedophiles you would catch then!

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

to putting them on citizens

Much better to put them on citizens and church ministers - just think how many pedophiles you would catch then!

Of course you could make it wireless and just police everyone all the time with this technology, as a matter of fact there is some tech like this wich supposedly works with radio waves and via satellite so yeah your dream may actually be a reality we are already in, we just arent aware of it yet.

However this thread isnt about 1984 popuation spying, its about 1984 spying on cops.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Just think if we knew what cops were thinking, and monitored thier behavior, there would be far less cases of police brutality.

posted on Mar, 11 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Just think if we knew what cops were thinking, and monitored thier behavior, there would be far less cases of police brutality.

Just think, if these magic helmets were worn by every religious person there would be far less cases of child abuse and ripping people off with made up claims....

posted on Mar, 12 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

What?

This is insane. What if an authoritarian government uses this to monitor the police's brainwaves to recognize sociopathy in brainwave patterns and only hire sociopaths/psychopaths to be enforcers?

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman

What?

This is insane. What if an authoritarian government uses this to monitor the police's brainwaves to recognize sociopathy in brainwave patterns and only hire sociopaths/psychopaths to be enforcers?

I bet the government already has some brainwave monitoring system. I think the tech would be put to good use with police officers and soldiers to keep them on the straight and narrow.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join