It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Josh Earnest: Let’s stop using “radical Islam” to describe terrorists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
Well, there is a point to it. Radical means resisting the status quo.
Extremist or Islamic/Christian/Jewish/whatever terrorist would be more accurate.

Considering they targeted everyone equally, and do target their own who are not fundamental enough. I think radical works just fine.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Yes they would be radicals.

Glad you showed your true colors!

I love honesty!

So you love following the herd, and right or wrong doesn't make a damned difference to you?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

a reply to: thesaneone

Seems kinda dumb to only question Islamic terrorism.

Um.... What?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You have a whole faction or factions inside Islam that are promoting these terrorist acts, they are radicals. You need to distinguish the radicals from the non-radicals. Unless you are claiming there are no non-radicals in Islam?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Much like the administration calling 'Illegal Aliens'..."Undocumented Immigrants".
See...How much nicer it sounds?

But, Hey....
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
-- William Shakespeare

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Extremist or Islamic/Christian/Jewish/whatever terrorist would be more accurate.

Considering they targeted everyone equally, and do target their own who are not fundamental enough. I think radical works just fine.

Bulldozing mass grave ditches, displaying heads on pikes in town squares, kids playing soccer with skulls that still have eyes and skin.....nothing radical to see there, Obama says move along.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   

The hell are you talking about?

You asked an absurd question, I answered with yes they would be radicals in your scenario.

Radical is not bad.

I'm a radical so no I don't follow the herd.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:58 PM
link   
They're criminals, and frankly probably not really followers of anything but their personal view of the world.

Using phrases like this empowers them and the blowback from it is exponentially worse for everyone than the criminal acts themselves.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Brainwashing has truly destroyed this country.......

Except we all think the other guy is the brain washed one.

This is just going to spark up the never ending apologist claims.
Think they could have done with out coming out and saying this.

link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: buster2010
When Christians blow up abortion clinics do they call it radical Christianity? It seems like Islam is the only religion that is mentioned as radical when people do violence in it's name. Other religions get left out like when Anders Breivik killed over 70 people.

When was the last time that happened Buster?

Your desperation and hatred of Christianity, and your support of Obama is getting..........well, ridiculous!

Oh so seeing how it hasn't happened in the last couple of days they get a free pass? Of course no Christian has ever done anything wrong have they?

link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Much like the administration calling 'Illegal Aliens'..."Undocumented Immigrants".
See...How much nicer it sounds?

But, Hey....
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet."
-- William Shakespeare

I smell bullsnip.

Which is why I wear the gas mask when discussing politics.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777

You have a whole faction or factions inside Islam that are promoting these terrorist acts, they are radicals. You need to distinguish the radicals from the non-radicals. Unless you are claiming there are no non-radicals in Islam?

I never said that. But if you are going to label the fanatics of one religion then you should label the fanatics of all religions the same.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

How about radical extremists?

But, then they can do what the Christians do every time a Christian does something radical/extreme.

Oh, NO! He's not a REAL Christian. That's not Christian behavior.

I'm equal opportunity. It works for all beliefs.

link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity
They're criminals, and frankly probably not really followers of anything but their personal view of the world.

Using phrases like this empowers them and the blowback from it is exponentially worse for everyone than the criminal acts themselves.

Oooh, the let's be real quiet and ignore them so they go away approach.
Empowerment comes when there is no fear of reprisal, your theory would supply the ultimate power trip to them.

link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

We are not allowed any longer to separate out the "radical" component within the religion so that only leaves Islam as a whole, blame Obama, his team is pushing for it.

How to take things out of context 101...
Cause that is totally what is being said.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Considering when it comes to different labels like Republican,Gun owners,Bankers, and Corporations people sing a different tune.

When was they labeled as radicals? And what do they have to do with this thread?

Hell it get's better coming from one of Israels biggest critics.

What does Israel have to do with this thread? Are you afraid Israel might get upset if we were to stop using the term radical Islam?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

Oooh, the let's be real quiet and ignore them so they go away approach.
Empowerment comes when there is no fear of reprisal, your theory would supply the ultimate power trip to them.

Those are some pretty ignorant words you just tried to put into my mouth.

We don't ignore CRIME.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I love how the right likes to pretend they don't get offended, outraged or have their very own political correctness... if you don't call Islamic terrorists radical Islamists then you aren't a patriot and hate America. You couldn't be seen as liking the French until they suffered a terrorist attack, remember Freedom Fries? Is it French fries again now? PC! PC!

lmao...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: TinfoilTP

We are not allowed any longer to separate out the "radical" component within the religion so that only leaves Islam as a whole, blame Obama, his team is pushing for it.

How to take things out of context 101...
Cause that is totally what is being said.

Obama is either saying there is no radicalism there or he is saying don't separate them from all of Islam.
Take your pick, both are irresponsible appeasements that comfort the enemy.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

When was they labeled as radicals? And what do they have to do with this thread?

It shows the LACK OF CONSISTENCY some people have when it comes to CALLING TERRORISTS, terrorists.

The same people defending Islam make no distinction when it comes to other groups of people.
edit on 13-1-2015 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join