It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Spirit in relation to the Soul

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: backcase

You believe so? I think there is more to it than that.

And what of the soul?

If one cannot distinguish between one and another, that is they do not have any sort of boundary, nor beginning or end, and can only ever find them in passages and scripture, they are the same.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yet, the bible speaks of resurrection of the body for those who clothe themselves with God's Spirit.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Are you talking about the End of Days? If so, then those bodies won't be exactly like the ones we have now.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

no, they wont be exactly the same as they will be spiritual bodies... but the body is what is spoken of being resurrected, not the soul. The body is also the one spoken of being destroyed in hell..

edit on 13-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Yet, the bible speaks of resurrection of the body for those who clothe themselves with God's Spirit.

Then a fine dress it must be.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Its a beautiful one indeed!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

So if I reason according to what you have said, I come to the conclusion than man is nothing more than an animal. This is correct to you?

What of the many boundaries and distinctions between man and animal? Your reasoning must be flawed because your thought contradicts itself.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
A person does not have a soul they are a soul.... being .. (verb not a noun entity).Man does not have “a” spirit their soul being has “life”/ spirit(verb).When a person dies they are dead.Their body is dead which "was" a soul animated by their life/spirit…which is the spirit of the man.

There are no such things as spiritual beings as religious mysticism falsely believes.The religious delusion is man is a “spirit being" living in a body as a soul.(body, soul and spirit).From there all sorts of religious rhetoric variations are believed all of them incorrect(because religious beliefs are all false).

The fact is it doesn’t matter one bit what anyone believes it has zero effect on causing the truth.Man wants to believe what they want to believe.For example most Christians believe they will be saved from the eternal punishment of hell by performing religious acts of belief so they create in their religious carnal mind delusional doctrines of men centered around beliefs of soul and spirit.Nothing could be further from the Truth because if it were truth they would “know” and not “believe” a plethora of conflicting religious rhetoric.

Life(spirit) is very basic.A person (soul) has the spirit of man that lives then dies and is dead.They did not cause their “life” to “be” and they are not the ultimate cause of their death either.If there is a life(spirit) beyond the death of a person they will not cause that either.A person cannot know this basic truth through religious speculation it can only create a delusion through their belief.That’s why it is futility to even question it.

The search for the meanings of life and death are futile because the answers will never be found in them because they always end in death.The death of a soul is final.In other words the spirit of man is temporary and always ends in death.If there is a creator God that caused that life they can cause more life(spirit) however man can never know what that life is while living the spirit of man.It all leads back to the same vicious cycle.

The question shouldn’t be what is soul and spirit it should be why are you even asking.It is tantamount to asking how many angels can fit on the head of a pin.These answer-less in vain questions are precursors to deeper and deeper delusions of religion ..nothing more.

The only benefit of asking those questions is to expose the lie religious gurus whom propose to have answered them.However a five year old could answer those questions because they never think about it(unless someone foolish puts it in their mind).. they are to busy just living the spirit of man.My suggestion to anyone is to be like that five year old that is more wise than all the religious and religious gurus put together.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Ive been out of body a few times due to sleep paralysis, and the best way I can describe it is that my soul stays in body and it is my spirit that leaves. In each episode I seem to be self aware in 2 locations at once.

Ofcourse the bible does teach that man is body, soul and spirit. Im under the impression that the spirit is conscious, and the soul subconscious.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

no, they wont be exactly the same as they will be spiritual bodies... but the body is what is spoken of being resurrected, not the soul. The body is also the one spoken of being destroyed in hell..

Yes those who are asleep will be resurrected and we will all be changed. Our bodies will not be the same, but it makes sense if you think about it. Our body as it is, is hardly eternal. What we have now will have to be "fixed" in a manner of speaking to become so.

So I guess the speculation is - Will they be tangible flesh or spiritual representations of the same?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

So if I reason according to what you have said, I come to the conclusion than man is nothing more than an animal. This is correct to you?

That depends on what you mean by "animal".

If I reason according to you, than man is nothing more than a spirit, which when when placed on a scale with any other thing, is always less than.

What of the many boundaries and distinctions between man and animal? Your reasoning must be flawed because your thought contradicts itself.

Every animal is different than another.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

www.gotquestions.org...

this might help.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Honestly, this just is the same sort of speculation I'm having. I'm just not wording it well.

My contention is that there is no way to know exactly or to describe it accurately. Not until that day and it comes to pass, but I'm not worried. Whatever it is, it will be what we need and it will be perfect.
edit on 13-1-2015 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

The closest we will ever come again to the truth of our youth is when we grow old.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

I think the bible did make the attempt at a very good description, the very best we will have until we see it in person.

edit on 13-1-2015 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
Ive been out of body a few times due to sleep paralysis, and the best way I can describe it is that my soul stays in body and it is my spirit that leaves. In each episode I seem to be self aware in 2 locations at once.

I like that! Perhaps this is occurring constantly, but most noticeable during an experience like an OBE.

Have you noticed any differences in the way these two points of cognition interact with their surrounding environment?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Well, during those episodes, Im usually under stress from demonic attacks, so its hard to focus, but I was also trying to call to my wife to wake me up, so I just kept repeating her name the best I could with a paralyzed face until she eventually audibly heard me. My soul in my body knew to repeat her name, yet my spirit was trying to focus on resisting the demons and trying to move. Ive not yet learned how to really move well outside of my body, I just kind of launch myself to and frow.

So its like having your mind split, bu your self awareness circulates between your soul and spirit, as though they are connected.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

The soul and spirit move along at the time of death. The body is what is resurrected only. A soul is simply a theological term to describe a person's mind, will and emotions.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NOTurTypical

We still have our minds and will and emotions after death.. we are not robots. We are still us..

When I went to heaven I saw ... I had emotions, I could feel God, I was still me ...

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

I would disagree with you on this one, I become very childlike when I am sick and need to be taken care of.

I work with old people and there is a lot of merit to what you said, but I still think sainthood can be achieved while still young.

Plus some old people can be Moby Dicks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join