It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
The kingdom of heaven lies within.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

At the worst time of my life I reached a point where my faith was faltering away just like what you might be experiencing, and now and then it tries to happen again, but it is a false voice that tells me God is far away and doesn't really know me. When I found this in my mind the first time, I let the idea roll around in my head for a moment, and knew right away it was the deceiver, and I spoke out loud that I will always trust God for caring, and doing what is just and right for mankind, according to his will for things to be.

He is the corner stone of integrity and the capstone of justice in the end, and is only waiting to hear your cry of joy to him for learning by seeking in your heart and soul, for what the truth is that he is leading you too by hints and prompts, and this does include weakness and suffering. These things good and bad are a mechanism that humans need in order to discover humility and in discovering the fallacy of self pride and other important virtues that can not be taught to the black of heart, nor the close minded proud person who thinks he needs no one to save him, and the world is now overflowing with those to a point of madness and new heights in a per capita kind of way, in people doing bad things to each other.

When I verbally rejected the deceiver's attempt at pulling me further away, it made me feel alive like I finally made the right choice and answered that correctly, and I called out to God, and I was flooded with the energy of his presence beside me, and then he whooshed me away to a place in spirit and spoke to me in a vision he provided for me to see, and to really know he was really and truly there, and he was very happy and knew of all the things that make me stumble, and still do, and everything else, and forgave me anyway because I kept my faith in trusting in him, and would not submit to the deception attempting to cause me to stop seeking the real God of the universe.

This does not give me any new status or anything that anyone else ever born didn't have. I could still screw this up for my future because we still have freewill, and how dependable is any man for using there freewill to always do the right thing? NOT VERY.
It will be a test of faith and personal strength in spirit for each individual to decide and act upon. But when you hear a lie in your heart or mind, and you reject temptation of any kind because doing what is good and right for the real God who only wants to see you discover how his will works by seeking his will as your most important desire, because then you will absolutely know it is the only way to pass this great test of his, and you did it all by trusting the things that you know is right and not evil. You should see the smile he has when a single person walks through those doors and embraces this all by faith. All the angels cry out and sing for a single soul and all of heaven is raging with overflowing joy that it even happened. Because it is God's plan to get you there by showing you the doors, but you still have to walk through them.
What I have described above does not mirror exactly my life, but only describes what I learned to be the best example of striving to be, and I am not there yet as someone who could call myself a friend of God, but rather Am I someone that God can call his friend? I will keep struggling and hoping to overcome, and doing that I also know that he and his own Son, and his holy spirit will be helping me up, many time when I didn't even know it, and others when I reach my hand up to his for help.

Don't give up on faith, it is what the deceiver hopes for. Smile and begin by just knowing and trusting that he knows you well, and he will not give up on you ever. He knows that this is not easy, but it is important to him, and that is good enough for me any day. I hope you can find a little encouragement from this, because I feel that he has put these words in me tonight, just for you , but all are welcome to his table. Just believe it. He keeps his word and never forgets anything, He is truly good.
I can sense God smiling at you with good things in his heart for you, so be sure to smile back.
This is truth, not falsehood.
Remember an axiom of mankind: It is habit forming, and easy to follow falsehood in this world because every one is doing it and even encouraging it when they know deep down it is wrong.

Thanks for listening. Peace to all

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 03:39 AM
link   
God is real
and there for you '

... but not here
because He's sick of being
lied to , rejected , belittled
and flipped off .

Mankind took that option with
the free will agreement ,
way back when .

So maybe one day , the PTB
will introduce you , but it's
unlikely .They worship someone else ....

Here's some proof of their lies and deception
and it goes on in so many ways , through all your days !
www.history.com...

Only by the Grace of God did this NOT hit us ...
Ask a few ex-presidents about what REALLY happened !?

SHALOM

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   

The old "God and the existence of evil" problem, a classic topic of philosophy.

While I maintain an agnostic view on the topic of whether or not God exists, I believe I can offer an explanation that will answer the questions you pose in the opening post.

Perhaps God does exist, but his nature is misunderstood and over-personified. Maybe he has barred himself from interfering in creations in this realm of existence for reasons we cannot comprehend at this point in time. Or possibly this life is a test and what we perceive as evil and suffering are actually necessary experiences for us to transcend this realm.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   
God is only relevant to the individual, and not to the collective sum of all individual sentience.

Naturally, the God described herein is strictly an observer - I cannot speak for anybody else and this "God" only speaks for me.

In my understanding, God is an aid used to comprehend ourselves.

We will treat him as a "he" defined by what he "knows" and we distinguish him from "you" because you cannot be totally aware of yourself*.

Hypothetically if you could take all that you are not aware of concerning yourself, and then, what you are aware of - the totality is God and he knows what you currently cannot conceive about yourself. God is the sum total of what you are and exists because there are parts of yourself that you would not normally be able to place into your cognisance, thus helping you to be aware of yourself in totality. This requires him to be an external figure because you need to extrapolate from the perspective of a third person, to gain insight into what you are not aware of in the first person.

God knows about parts of your being that you are not aware of normally and thus if you are really a weak person that is amplifying the minority of their stronger parts, then God knows that you are weak, and when you personify him, because he has no control over you then he is someone that knows your weaknesses yet does not take advantage of you - solace.

If you accept "God" as a person, then you can feel that you are "complete" when you are focused on him - faith.

If you want to accept him on a routine basis, then you need to subscribe to a pattern of behavior and reinforcement that continues to substantiate God in your life - religion.

Some need a religion to experience God and when it comes to religious conflict, they are defending their societies and systems as they fear that without their religions, they would not be able to sustainably reinforce "God" in their lives, and thus they would lose their cohesion as a populace.

"He" only is relative on an individual basis as you cannot leave the confines of yourself when you think about him - the reason behind this has to do with the mechanism of creating an external entity to assume awareness of the parts of yourself that you are not aware of. The mechanism makes it such that as far as you are concerned, it is only you and God in the entirety of all existence because you cannot prove any other sentience outside of yourself - There is only one God.

*What of a person that knows themselves totally?

Such a being is called an eternal, and, God is also an eternal in concept and thus the two are indistinguishable for all intents and purposes, so ultimately, it is only God and you, or you and God.
edit on 13-1-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

It's not like things were exactly a utopia when religious traditions/texts were created, then after that things went all dystopian-like.
edit on 1/13/2015 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Where is God?

The question first of all is far more a paradox than asking a
masked man who he is.

Am I Gods keeper?

Or do you just sit in judgement of God, because this doesn't
sound legit.

I wonder where this loving God is that the bible speaks of.

That's right I said it.

But I will say this about the question.

The universe itself, has far to many places that I will
never see for me to proclaim in my arrogance, God does
not exist. Or for that matter that, God is not here or,
that's where he is. People right here in this thread say things
like, belief in God is insanity. But don't understand the insanity
of thinking they can know he doesn't. Let alone how insane they
look saying it as if they know. But for me to decide all willy nilly
if God exists and where he might be? First thing I'd look for is some
kind of communiction from him. Hey, whadda ya know? There is
something in this world that fits that description.

You either believe in him or you don't, but either way, you have no
right to judge him.

edit on Ram11315v51201500000041 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Even ultra orthodox Jews debate/question this stuff, lots of stuff. Your brother is real, but if you don't know/understand god, what exactly are you keeping? Or can keep?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Turq1

. Your brother is real,

And how is he my brother?
edit on Ram11315v562015u44 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
He left because we are incapable of following some very simple rules.

At least that's my guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   
To the O.P.
God is waiting.
For the right time.
This is Satans world. It became Satans world when man decided to listen to Satan instead of God.

When will be ready to listen to God and deny Satan?

Then, God will be willing to remove Satan from our midst and restore justice.
Until then, man gets to continue to be confused, fight for power, ignore Gods right to rule...and harm himself, all at Satans pleasure.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   

"Where is God?"

Everywhere, Nowhere, Somewhere.

A better question is what is God and how does the notion of such pertain to Humanity and existence in general?

If we could answer that question it may make finding him/her/it a more viable prospect i imagine.
edit on 13-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Free will being rather a superfluous notion then i imagine!

Thats like saying God left us to our own devices because we would not do as we were told. Hardly synonymous with good parenting skills or in line with his apparent omnipotence.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

"The kingdom of heaven lies within."

The kingdom of heaven lies within what exactly? I mean is it within our micro verse or macro verse? Is it a state of being or an actual place with definable and/or a tangible set of coordinates? Or are they just words apparently spoken by the son of God then encompassed in a book written and edited by Man over the centuries with all his fallibilities and fears at play?

Truth is i dont have a clue myself.

Somehow i suspect if Heaven does indeed exist its transdimensional by its very nature.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dark Ghost

The old "God and the existence of evil" problem, a classic topic of philosophy.

While I maintain an agnostic view on the topic of whether or not God exists, I believe I can offer an explanation that will answer the questions you pose in the opening post.

Perhaps God does exist, but his nature is misunderstood and over-personified. Maybe he has barred himself from interfering in creations in this realm of existence for reasons we cannot comprehend at this point in time. Or possibly this life is a test and what we perceive as evil and suffering are actually necessary experiences for us to transcend this realm.

The intervention from my point of view seem to be energy based and low level intervention. A mistake is probably to think this place is meant to be perfect at this time. It is a work in progress and I am still impressed by the potential of humans even if I think humans have a very long way left to evolve. If god/the highest wanted this place to create the perfect society and perfect spiritual truths would not god just send higher level soul down here to fix it (only Buddhas/Christs/Siddhas) for a hundred years.

When this place reaches star trek like society and lower telepathic abilities for all souls then this place will become very interesting.

Namaste (I bow to the divine in you)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

"The kingdom of heaven lies within."

The kingdom of heaven lies within what exactly? I mean is it within our micro verse or macro verse? Is it a state of being or an actual place with definable and/or a tangible set of coordinates? Or are they just words apparently spoken by the son of God then encompassed in a book written and edited by Man over the centuries with all his fallibilities and fears at play?

Truth is i dont have a clue myself.

Somehow i suspect if Heaven does indeed exist its transdimensional by its very nature.

Good start: not having a clue.

The level of awareness I am at is: meditation, playing around with the third eye a bit, bliss energetic state of being when I let go feeling the flame within dance.

If you do seek it one way or another you will find it.

Kings Of Leon - Radioactive

Become Radio Active?
edit on 13-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

I've tried most other things over the years in an attempt to explain or distort reality LittleByLittle. Truth is i have been considering meditating lately, dont have a clue as to how to proceed all the same.

Good tune by the way!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I've tried most other things over the years in an attempt to explain or distort reality LittleByLittle. Truth is i have been considering meditating lately, dont have a clue as to how to proceed all the same.

Good tune by the way!

It is very personal and you will have to figure out what tool works best for your consciousness and your body. I am very sensitive to sound/spiritual music/binaural beats so I like just relax and listen to sound feeling the alterations in the flow in my body, playing around with Reiki a bit.

I wish I could do it for you but this is one of those things every soul will have to do themselves even if others can try to help them on the way.
edit on 13-1-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well the sentiment is appreciated all the same. I suppose its a bit like swimming, all-through others can offer advice on the act, to accomplish the feat you have to learn to do it yourself.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
where is god?
haha this, for me - at my current level of knowledge, is a funny question
Why?

I remembered a session with Alan Watts when I read OP and title of this thread. He was saying something about a table. If you dismantle a table part by part. At what point does a table becomes a separated parts of the whole and stop being a table?
When do you in this process stop calling it by its full name and start labeling it by its parts? like a foot, screws, etc...

It is the same with god. If the creator is all there is. What are we? what is earth, universe, animals, etc...

That is the answer for where for me.

But it is interesting if you think in this concept and reverse the process. What are we? human? just a part, yes? so how do we realize the all? that is what it can be done within....Just like building a table haha

a reply to: andy06shake

hey...i just want to point you in some direction. The fact that you are user here on ATS and there are many topcis of relevance for this inquiry I would like to point you to this gem buried deep in ATS

www.abovetopsecret.com...

this is just one example, and a good one for my taste at least, where to start...but do not stop here. And please try to be open minded and try everything and slowly you will get what fits you by intuition. So this is just something to get you started. But do not be fixed, be like water and just flow, that is the key

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join