It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Ahh, people believe things that either make sense to them or give them comfort usually. These things do not have to be scientific or rational.

I'm not sure why some people dying should make one believe in God any more or less. I guess I didn't get your premise.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

I'm not questioning any individual beliefs. Certain people believe in different things, and that's fine. I'm just questioning how God, or whatever you call the equivalent, can allow such atrocities.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Maybe the believers can get together and have his face printed on some milk cartons.

Oops...nevermind I forgot the believers either don't know what god looks like or don't agree on it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Are they atrocities from Gods perspective? (not baiting, I'm serious)

I mean all of human suffering is actually quite short compared to eternity. And the souls should go where they are supposed to go, why interfere?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   
It makes perfect sense when you realise that there is no god and that good and evil acts come from people just like you and me.

Atrocities continue to occur because most of the world is waiting for god or something to step in and make everything better. It's not going to happen.

When you accept that, you will see that we are the only ones who are responsible for the state of the world. Then you can accept that only our actions can change the world.

Gods and religions are the scapegoats that people rely on to justify their actions. They can always say "thats what the bible says" or "it must be the will of god". "It must be part of a plan we can't understand".

When people stop basing their decisions on the psychotic ramblings of long dead uneducated goat herders, and start paying attention to the world around them, you will see a marked improvement in rational thinking and possibly some actual progress

link   
a reply to: mOjOm

If the OP said it's not about individual religions why use it as an opportunity to bash a religion? I can say other religions do the same but this isn't the topic.

link   

originally posted by: Elton

Are they atrocities from Gods perspective? (not baiting, I'm serious)

I mean all of human suffering is actually quite short compared to eternity. And the souls should go where they are supposed to go, why interfere?

Which leads to the question of why God would create beings, in which he claims are loved and cherished beyond all other creations, and allow them to suffer. I mean, Mojom is right in his/her perspective. Does God care at all? Or did he create us only to watch us suffer?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

^See my reply above

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
you cannot define god but you can't exist for a second without encountering god because god is. He is everything and is everywhere and is always there. Omnipotent Omnicient Omnipresent--those qualities (remember, from english class? lol or is that just me)

The force. The one power. Life. Energy. Literally the very particles that are the foundation of the universe, our reality, and all potential realities, simultaneously in the past present and future. God exists outside of time and in essence is time as well. We are made in god's image and therefore have that essence within us, allowing us to create and imagine. It's pretty trippy stuff 8-) haha

oh and as to the whole suffering thing: read Paradise Lost by John Milton to find your answer:

Because god is good, everything he does is good. Therefore, all evil ever serves to do is bring about an even greater good.

What is suffering? Who defines suffering as bad? Doesn't suffering help people grow into better people who do great thing that benefit mankind?

Isn't it then down to perspective? Suffering is only suffering if you see it as such...off topic much?

edit on 13-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The religious texts, from all the ancient religions predict a time where the Love of most is dead. They predict that all of the evil things we see will happen.

I do not agree with God giving us freewill to go down the endless road of depravity but that is what he gave us.

If the texts didn't claim that the world would literally be like hell, I would not believe either.

Knowing the texts predict the world I see does not bring me much comfort, but it does allow me to hold on to faith.
edit on 13-1-2015 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: rukia

I like this a lot

I don't think it's an old man sitting around on a throne lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Oh and if anyone wants to know where God is I know of certain places where one can get some insight into that. Not sure of the T&Cs, if posting it is okay, I guess PM. Praise Bob!

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

If the OP said it's not about individual religions why use it as an opportunity to bash a religion? I can say other religions do the same but this isn't the topic.

I didn't single out a religion. I'm not bashing Religion. If anything I'm bashing God. If he has a problem with that then he should speak up and tell me.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

They are victims of circumstance.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
you cannot define god but you can't exist for a second without encountering god because god is. He is everything and is everywhere and is always there. Omnipotent Omnicient Omnipresent--those qualities (remember, from english class? lol or is that just me)

The force. The one power. Life. Energy. Literally the very particles that are the foundation of the universe, our reality, and all potential realities, simultaneously in the past present and future. God exists outside of time and in essence is time as well. We are made in god's image and therefore have that essence within us, allowing us to create and imagine. It's pretty trippy stuff \m/ haha

So if I was on the streets of Nigeria, and looked down the barrel of an AK, I would be encountering God? Encountering God's creation would be one way to put it. However, as much as I want to believe that there is a creator watching over all of us, I find it hard to believe that the same creator would allow to mass slaughtering of his own creation in which He claims to cherish.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

thanks
and same. i mean, i guess god could be a dude in a cool throne chilling like a boss if he wanted to but then it would probably be for our benefit and not for his own pleasure since god is above such base things.

I think god's a lot more unfathomable and huge. that's why he's god. nothing else can compare. which is pretty epic and O.P.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So in other words,
He doesn't care,
Is Cruel,
or Doesn't exist.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Not so much where is god but where is god in death?

Where is god as those bullets went ripping though the middle aged women and children pretending to be dead in their church? I believe god is literally everything.... And is not human. God is there when innocent flesh and bone get ravaged by manmade death weapons and god will be there seeing the flesh decompose and filtered back into the earth's soil, feeding and becoming fauna and flora. Just as god is there whilst a Wilde beast's fetus is disemboweled from its mother while attempting to flee its imminent death. Just as god sees to the monks protesting in a treacherous display of self-immolation. God is life and from that is death. The conundrum of life is riveting as it is debilitating, as it is invigorating. As one counterpart of this earth feeds another part preyed upon. The natural order is set in stone and is futile to think otherwise. This order whether you like it or not is your god and mine.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

So in other words,
He doesn't care,
Is Cruel,
or Doesn't exist.

At the same time, I've seen those whom believe in God, and live according to scripture, live completely comfortable and satisfying lives. I don't understand the split level of compassion.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

well, since the fabric of reality is god, you wouldn't have to wait till you were looking down the barrel of a gun.
but yeah, like i said: evil is allowed to happen because it serves to bring about good. That's why life isn't all roses--for anyone. Living is an experience and a challenge. Bad things happen--but everything happens for a reason.

Like, say, if I don't want to look at my life playing in a loop while I peer down the barrel of a loaded AK, I'm probably not going to go looking for a situation like that because that's just not my scene. Seek and you find--it's very true. Live by the sword die by it, that kinda thing.

So idk what you were going for at all since your question isn't pertinent. But I answered it any way. Hope that makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join