It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Oh you did without even realizing it but as the OP said that isn't the topic.

rukia: Maybe if he wanted to appear to someone he'd appear as an old man lol. I just view God as the creator and the "signature" of creation, the signature is marked in all things and is always around.

Maybe even a yin and yang quality but not sure. I think God is just observing. Maybe the entire point is we prove ourselves worthy of who knows what by being good people. Maybe it's the opposite, maybe God prefers evil people and that's what TPTB are in the know about, the more evil, more successful you are the closer you get??

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MikhailBakunin

what is death? where is god in death?

first define death.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

They are victims of circumstance.

So in other words,
He doesn't care,
Is Cruel,
or Doesn't exist.

Maybe he is tired? Maybe humans are just not worth the time? Maybe what we consider good and evil are simply nothing because of our incredibly short lives? We have not left Earth, yet, so our misfortunes re contained for now.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Maybe the believers can get together and have his face printed on some milk cartons.
Oops...nevermind I forgot the believers either don't know what god looks like or don't agree on it.

BWHAHAHAHAHA so very funny, and yes some things you have to use your discrimination and really think about, likened to water flowing when it encounters an obsticale it just goes around, over, or even through it. Try not to get hung up on classic interpretations of somthing infinate.

God dies in everything and lives in everything and is everything.

Gods not missing at all we are all god, plants, animals, rocks, clouds, you name it.

Yes our physical worlds sucks, im sure it was designed to suck by our darker heavenly brethern, who else would simulate a universe to involve so much suffering. . .

There may be some divine rules to all of existance that we arent aware of for some reason or another.

Its just a matter of time when you really look at it, most beings wont be here more than 100 years, then physical fleshy time is up, just make the best of the time we have, decide on what we think is desireable to us, and what is undesireable. Desire propells us into our next manifestations wether we percieve them as good or bad.
edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

At the same time, I've seen those whom believe in God, and live according to scripture, live completely comfortable and satisfying lives. I don't understand the split level of compassion.

Ok. But what makes you think God had anything to do with their comfortable and satisfying lives??? Couldn't that have happened anyway???

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Aperture

Maybe we're not the only intelligent beings he created, tons of stars, galaxies, maybe we're just one of 50 billion civilizations? Asking where God is, is a good question but it brings up a pov that we're important enough to receive any attention.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

who knows. god's awesome.

the fallen angels like bad people--and good ones as well of course. They're fun and cool and all but being bad gets old and boring. At least to me. Being good is impossible sometimes haha but I think it shows good character to try.
lol brownie points? jkjk

successful on earth doesn't necessarily translate to success in death since you can't take money with you and since even the richest dude isn't getting an easier pass into paradise than the hobo or the gay guy or the feminist. Everyone is always equal and I guess that's the biggest point in life & why even the smallest person can change the world. The whole hobbit into mordor thing haha

god likes evil people too since he loves everyone tho. otherwise they wouldn't exist. so even though there are evil people i find it hard to hate them. I guess I feel bad for them for wasting their lives with hatred. That kinda thing is really pathetic. Hatred and evil and violence aren't very mentally stimulating and are basically pointless because they never solve anything and only breed more bad stuff.

I think I am losing track of my point here lol I'm just chatting now haha xD
edit on 13-1-2015 by rukia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Oh you did without even realizing it but as the OP said that isn't the topic.

No, I actually didn't. No more than than the OP did anyway. You just don't like what I had to say and I can't help that. If it troubles you try asking your God of choice for help in dealing with it.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia

what is death? where is god in death?

first define death.
death is a rusty butter knife sawing through a Mexican cartel's larynx at the speed of paint drying while another one holds an iPhone up to his gargling death throes laughing away high on potent heroin. God is in the progress of human technology.... The fiber optics' internet speed so we get those uploaded videos at the speed of light. The devil is in the disgusting music played in the background (the details).

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aperture

Maybe he is tired? Maybe humans are just not worth the time? Maybe what we consider good and evil are simply nothing because of our incredibly short lives? We have not left Earth, yet, so our misfortunes re contained for now.

Right. So he doesn't care. That is an option that I have included as you might notice. There might even be a forth possible answer being that he does care but lacks the power to do anything about it. I left that one out because to me that kinda lacks one of the major qualifiers of being a God. Definitely a qualifier if we're talking about The God.

edit on 13-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

In that case--god is within the marmalade jar. Behind the cutting block to the left of the wheel of sharp cheddar on the counter next to the refrigerator.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: Aperture

Maybe we're not the only intelligent beings he created, tons of stars, galaxies, maybe we're just one of 50 billion civilizations? Asking where God is, is a good question but it brings up a pov that we're important enough to receive any attention.

The Bible, written by 40 different people, over the course of 2,000 some years, and unchanged for it's existence, lends some credence to it.

One person, in a room full of ten, says they saw a pink elephant, I'd say the one is crazy. Ten people, in a room of 100, says they saw a pink elephant, lends a tiny bit more credence.

There's around 7 billion people in the world, 2 billion of which claim to believe in God. There might be something to it. I wouldn't dismiss it so easily.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Or he lets us do as we please without interference.

God does not come with fire and brimstone to kill bad people, you're confusing God with religious gods. God does not intervene outside of what we as a people choose to do.

God is a passive observer, he is within us and is the one that regulates our breathing, heartbeat, sleep states, etc.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   

God does not come with fire and brimstone to kill bad people, you're confusing God with religious gods. God does not intervene outside of what we as a people choose to do.

God is a passive observer, he is within us and is the one that regulates our breathing, heartbeat, sleep states, etc.

But that goes against scripture when He dictates that he authorizes everything that happens. If God does not intervene, how does His purpose be served by the killing of so many people needlessly?

That is what I'm trying to understand.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

The Bible, written by 40 different people, over the course of 2,000 some years, and unchanged for it's existence, lends some credence to it.

One person, in a room full of ten, says they saw a pink elephant, I'd say the one is crazy. Ten people, in a room of 100, says they saw a pink elephant, lends a tiny bit more credence.

There's around 7 billion people in the world, 2 billion of which claim to believe in God. There might be something to it. I wouldn't dismiss it so easily.

Maybe if they were 2 billion who all believed in the same God that might be a convincing argument. However you're talking about 2 billion people believing in 2 billion different versions of God that vary from slight to completely opposite versions and they all believe themselves to be correct and the others incorrect. Not what I'd call a reliable data set.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rukia
a reply to: EternalSolace

well, since the fabric of reality is god, you wouldn't have to wait till you were looking down the barrel of a gun.
but yeah, like i said: evil is allowed to happen because it serves to bring about good. That's why life isn't all roses--for anyone. Living is an experience and a challenge. Bad things happen--but everything happens for a reason.

Why do some have to suffer, so that others can reap the benefits of good?

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Your thread made me wonder so I checked and it looks like about 1.8 people die every second on planet Earth. with 86400 seconds in a day that is (approx average) about 155,520 dying daily.

CIA Factbook

And if you don't want to check out a CIA site (don't blame you) I found a fun clock: Worldometers

I knew the number was pretty high, but this actually puts some things in perspective for me. Possibly not a good perspective though....

There are (approx) 4.3 births every second so more people are being made than die. I guess we need death to come quickly and frequently as we seem to suck at dividing and using our resources for the people we have now. (IMHO)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I include that with "Doesn't Care". Caring in the context of what is being asked in the OP implies that God would or should act in some way but hasn't. If he's neutral, doesn't intervene, does nothing to help or hinder, then he Doesn't Care. Or maybe Indifferent if that sounds better to you.

BTW, he's not a passive observer if he's regulating our breathing, heartbeat or anything else.

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Elton

Crazy isn't it?!?!!? When you look at the numbers it doesn't seem possible. It always makes me wonder how it is that we don't have more Graveyards/Cemeteries than we do. Those are some serious numbers adding up day after day after day, ya know.

Also make you realize that from far enough away people on the earth are very similar to watching mold on a sandwich. Maybe Joe Rogan was right all along.

edit on 13-1-2015 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 13 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Thanks for the discussion, but I must retire for the evening. I look forward to continuing the conversation in the morning!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join