It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Loss of Femininity in The USA

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

I'm gonna say back in the day men and women were equally as fierce, they had to be,warriors

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

I'm gonna say back in the day men and women were equally as fierce, they had to be,warriors

1 agrees Stormdancer777, and in no way was their denying this.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Absolutely true.

If men left the women alone they had to fend for themselves against other marauding males, so in essence when women are left alone there masculine energy takes over.

So what we have here in the last few posts, logic, comments and opinions by ATS members is that maybe "Loss of Feminism" isn't a new concept, and maybe due to women fending for themselves, hence the need to be masculine.

I love when a thread starts to make strides in finding out why something is so.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13

1 agrees Stormdancer777, and in no way was their denying this.

NAMASTE*******

When do you think we started emphasizing masculine and feminine energy?
And why?

Other then the usual argument men forced a patriarchal society on us.

NAMASTE

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

I wonder what cave people thought.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: makemap
This isn't only about US you know. US is just way ahead of the game in corruption. It is the whole western life style of the planet. Women wanted to have jobs that men do. Now they got some. No longer do they act like proper women in the past. Some of them act like greedy business men now a days. A lot of rich ones are really spoiled. They are worst than Men when it comes to being spoiled. You no longer see the house wife doing any work for cleaning and growing food. They just hire other people to do it(Mostly Mexicans on US side).

I know, let's bring in Sharia Law and put those uppity women in their place.

I, for one, am glad that women are feeling more assertive and confident and able, despite those that hold on to old fashioned attitudes of poorly-guised mysogyny.

Tony Abbot would be proud of this thread.

SMH.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I always preferred the company of men, and I think some have become emasculated by today's society, just my opinion, I really feel for them.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: aorAki

Because it is a distortion of being more fully human, sooner or later being less human leads the oppressed to struggle against those who made them so. In order for this struggle to have meaning, the oppressed must not, in seeking to regain their humanity (which is a way to create it), become in turn oppressors of the oppressors, but rather restorers of the humanity of both.

This, then, is the great humanistic and historical task of the oppressed: to liberate themselves and their oppressors as well.

www2.webster.edu...

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I always preferred the company of men, and I think some have become emasculated by today's society, just my opinion, I really feel for them.

For sure. Masculine energy is mocked in society now. Women, being in their masculine energy, is praised.

Almost every relationship problem is has this at the heart of it somewhere. Lack of polarity.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I didn't want to use that word, but since you brought it up "emasculated" is an understatement.

My next thread should be "The loss of nuggets"

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

...feminine qualities are what helps attract, draw, and keep men interested in their mates, the more feminine the more attractive. Today the loss of femininity has devastated the playing field for not just relationships, but traditional families that are trying to remain together. The rejection of feminine qualities might very well be the undoing of our society.

What "feminine qualities" exactly? Which "traditional families" precisely?

Not so long ago, American women worked right alongside their men chopping wood, milking cows and raising crops and kids. Then the women held down the fort and fought off the marauders while the men went off to war, or to find meat or make money. Still happens a lot - husbands are in the military, or drive truck, or go off to the oilfields - and the women take care of business and raise the kids. Not sure what "feminine qualities" you think they're missing in their lives.

Lots of women around the world today walk miles through desert or jungle to fetch water for their families, navigating all kinds of death traps on the way. fyi - Sweet shrinking violets don't get to live too long.

In the upper echelons, rich, beautiful and powerful women like Cleopatra certainly had their charms but they also had real spines. Had to, just to survive.

I guess you're talking about that "Whore in the bedroom, cook in the kitchen, lady in the drawing room" middle class fantasy - the one where the women basically do dickall and let the man take care of life, money and everything while they spend their time shopping or at the hairdresser, or getting mani-pedis while the 'help' does the work. Oh? What's that you say? You don't have that kind of money to support your arm candy? You want them to do it all , do it for love - and look real good and maintain a sweet disposition right through their exhaustion?

Hate to break it to ya, but it takes serious cash to maintain "feminine" looks and subservient man-worship. Also, the middle class is dead. And it was the bankers who killed it, not the feminists.

peh

edit on 8/1/15 by soficrow because: expl

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

For sure. Masculine energy is mocked in society now. Women, being in their masculine energy, is praised.

Almost every relationship problem is has this at the heart of it somewhere. Lack of polarity.

and through the years I have noticed most men prefer a strong women not a whinny needy one.

complicated

although even the most feminist of women know how to turn on the charm when they need or want something, like when I say to my hubby , will you change the light bulb for poor lil ole me?

been married 45 years BTW,

Frailty, thy name is woman!
har

lol

edit on 073131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I think those women only exist in Hollywood, because I have never had the pleasure of meeting one of those types. Well I take that back. lol I have, but I see them as I do emasculated men.

Self empowerment is a choice, as long as all the mental and physical faculties are in working order.

But you very well maybe correct the bankers had lot's to do with the funding of certain agendas.

originally posted by: soficrow

I guess you're talking about that "Whore in the bedroom, cook in the kitchen, lady in the drawing room" middle class fantasy - the one where the women basically do dickall and let the man take care of life, money and everything while they spend their time shopping or at the hairdresser, or getting mani-pedis while the 'help' does the work. Oh? What's that you say? You don't have that kind of money to support your arm candy? You want them to do it all , do it for love - and look real good and maintain a sweet disposition right through their exhaustion?

Hate to break it to ya, but it takes serious cash to maintain "feminine" looks and subservient man-worship. Also, the middle class is dead. And it was the bankers who killed it, not the feminists.

peh

edit on 8-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

I dont' know where to start with this post. In part I agree with you but not for the same reasoning (women behaving like men) but the general tone of the piece is one of 'what men want' is important but not 'what women want.

The basic reason that women have been socialized to behave like men over the last half + century is because women had to 'operate', 'play the game' 'be one of the guys' to be taken seriously in business and in public.

I'd like to see more traditionally feminine traits in the business and public arenas (there's a nice masculeine metaphor for you) let's change that to business and public kitchens (for a feminine metaphor). I would like cooperation take precedence over competition in all spheres of group action (especially the family). But I doubt that is what you mean in your post.

Women want a voice in the public sphere and help in the private one and some men are quite happy to oblige; however the vast majority are not and would prefer the old 'boys club' mentality to return.

You are right about empathy, intuition and the like - but walk into a business meeting any tell your superiors that you just know it's the right thing to do but can logically explain it.

Women have had to learn to think like men to even get the small, but growing (especially outside the US), voice that we have.

I stayed at home with my child, (my choice, my desire, my nuturing nature) giving up two very lucritive career paths in the process. Once my daughter was in school, I remained available to her, her school, and her friends and worked part time to keep my skills up to date which I have done quite sucessfully.

I have to act like a man, explain my solutions in 'manspeak' and pretend to enjoy the 'boys club' (sports, drinking, whatever) to get where I am today. I can finally bring some of my feminine skills to play - but only after six months to a year with a new client of playing the 'boy game'.

I can't say I did it all alone, for several years, I had a fine husband who supported by being home but slowly came to the realization that 1) the only real help he contributed to running the household was his paycheck and 2) I was always the one that changed to suit him, he never once in all our years together did or tried anything I wanted to do.

Feminine is not being beholden to a man's whim, and men that want that should, IMO, give up on women or directly pay for it.

I read once that if you added up the cost of hiring outside help to run your household (with a child or two) would be about $100 K a year yet men expect (as their due, mind you) a wife to do it for free and - and, in these modern times, bring in a paycheck as well. Do you really wonder why women are upset? Would you, honestly now, work a full time job and go home and do another one for FREE?

Yes - I'd like to see a more feminine world - where so called feminine traits are valued.

Men have ruled the world, in public and private, for let's call it 6,000 years - and they have managed to raise destruction and death to an artform.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

They're all over but especially in the South. 'Course even the sweet lil southern magnolia's are steel at the core.

But speaking of emasculation and complicated chaos, check out loam's old thread.
MEN: You are being chemically castrated

Lots of good info and hard truth there.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

Excellent input.

I was saying some similar things earlier.

More feminine energy is needed in the working world, this doesn't mean emasculation, but rather balancing out the over-powering male energy that dominate every facet of the world.

As you say "6000 years" enough is enough.

I'm really glad this thread is getting the intuitive and constructive input it is. It appears that people are thinking in similar fashions these days, now we just need to somehow implement these MO's.

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
in Russia from the USSR was paid maternity leave for 3 years, free milk for children to 2 year , maternity capital for the second child of 450,000 rubles . Of course the majority of Russian women feminine even in the Russian army youtu.be... if your woman not feminine enough ... youtu.be... or kill her in Russia all 40 minute 1 women dead PS and seriously on men dependent what will be his woman
edit on 8/1/15 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

The myths say the matriarchal society that once ruled was supplanted due to their abuse of power, and the pendulum swings

mentalfloss.com...
edit on 073131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The myths say the matriarchal society that once ruled was supplanted due to their abuse of power, and the pendulum swings

mentalfloss.com...

Storm that's another issue altogether because a matriarchal society can be 100% male energy, if it's run the same way as our society today.

I think a balance is key, but how to attain it is the million dollar question.

And as soficrow said, having balance is not profitable for bankers, hence the funding of agenda's that dis-empower, confuse, and cause chaos to the masses.
edit on 8-1-2015 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

A bit more info to consider:

Women traditionally played a central role within the Aboriginal family, within Aboriginal government and in spiritual ceremonies. Men and women enjoyed considerable personal autonomy and both performed functions vital to the survival of Aboriginal communities. The men were responsible for providing food, shelter and clothing. Women were responsible for the domestic sphere and were viewed as both life-givers and the caretakers of life. As a result, women were responsible for the early socialization of children.

Traditional Aboriginal society experienced very little family breakdown. Husbands and wives were expected to respect and honour one another, and to care for one another with honesty and kindness. In matriarchal societies, such as of the Mohawk, women were honoured for their wisdom and vision. Aboriginal men also respected women for the sacred gifts which they believed the Creator had given to them.1

In Aboriginal teachings, passed on through the oral histories of the Aboriginal people of this province from generation to generation, Aboriginal men and women were equal in power and each had autonomy within their personal lives.

....Women were never considered inferior in Aboriginal society until Europeans arrived. Women had few rights in European society at the time of first contact with Aboriginal people. Men were considered their social, legal and political masters. Any rights which women had were those derived through their husbands. The law of England, for example, held that women did not have the right to vote, to own property or to enter into contracts. This attitude was ultimately reflected in the Indian Act, which blatantly discriminated against women.

edit on 8/1/15 by soficrow because: format

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join