It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecstasy - One of those desirable poisons?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I've tried E probably about 7 times and they have all been fun experiences except for the last hit I took. It made my body temp. sky rocket and gave me an extreme headache. After that hit I said I would never take it again, which I never have. I think I'll just stick with the good 'ol weed!

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
i will try and post some articles on X,but this is what i have learned. X(of course a man-made drug) overloads the brain by releasing extreme levels of serotonin(happy chems!),just like pain killers that will stop your body from producing natural painkiller(endorphines),X causes the brain to stop producing serotonin naturally because it can't keep up. this causes extreme depression in the long run as well as anxiety problems,especially in females. also,some neurons become so overloaded that they die,causing visible "dead" spots in the brain. not good! most X deaths result from extreme dehydration or stroke induced by the overworked neurons. i'm not a big fan of man made drugs and i have tried X,'___',and some other stuff. but i stick to what i can find naturally. in my opinion,X is not something to do unless you are 100% knowledgable of all the risks involved.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
There is not one human man made drug that is any good,

In the long run!

If I was any of you I stay away from drugs, peroid.

My high is life, and of course the natrual substances, which are better and free!

I think somone on this thread said it be before me, stay safe and becareful out there.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   
my first case-studt was on the effects of ecstacy in teens. it wasn't pretty. what happened to smoking a joint and contemplating life(and hey,i'm only 27 years old)...i have seen too many horror stories involving X,irreversable damage to the brain(THE GREATEST ORGAN EVER!!!) go brain! anyway,i viewed CAT scans of people who had only done X 4 to 6 times....the damage was visible...compared to people in their late 40's and 50's who had smoked marijuana for 20+ years(small amount of visible damage. anyone out there contemplating X usage...know the facts. it is dangerous,the effects can be wonderful,but it doesn't last. compare it too alcohol,your defenses lower,your inhibitions are nil,but the repurcutions can be immense. i do have to say...as much as I HATE the DEA and anti-drug propoganda...i must,as a student of psychology and the brain,must agree about the effects of ecstasy. be careful

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
There is tryptophan in turkey, but other amino acids in the stomach render it useless so very little reaches the brain. There were also tryptophan supplements years ago, but the U.S F&D Administration banned them due to an outbreak of eosinophilla-myalgia.

I have taken quite a bit of ecstasy in my time: four pills, some ketamine and marijuana a night, to be exact, and have found the side-effects to be minimal, if noticable at all. Can it cause brain damage? Sure. Many tests have proven that. But what about all the "legal" medications that can cause even more noticable side-effects:

(link to Prescription Drugs by Raymond Francis)
www.breathing.com...

Of course, on the bright side, if there were ever such a side, if you survive these prescription drugs, you can make some money:

(Link to Lawyers for Prescription Drug Side Effects)
www.1800theeagle.com...

Certainly, you cannot do that with ecstasy....

I agree that we must all be conscientious about what we put into our bodies. I stopped taking ecstasy three years ago because I realised I didn't need it to enjoy life. Though, I wouldn't trade any of my experiences on ecstasy for all the tea in England. And I certainly would take ecstacy over Celebrex any day.

If any of this seems a loquacious blather, blame ecstacy.

M

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
uh-uh...there are still tryptophan supplements....in fact i have a bottle in the bedroom...purchased about 5 months ago..in the US.

posted on Dec, 18 2004 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Be careful with those. It was never determined by the FDA that L-5-hydroxytryptophan and other related compounds are a safe dietary supplement to consume. And under the FDC Act, the companies that supply those supplements are responsible for them, and do not need FDA approval to sell them. Which brings us to back to the aforementioned potentially harmful pharmaceuticals.

One can only assume that since we do not know what caused the EMS outbreaks in the 80's and 90's, that another outbreak can possibly occur.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i don't take them,they were prescribed to my boyfriend by his psychologist to take once a week in order to help him relax....my take was just to give him more turkey.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattison0922

[ Tryptophan comes from other random sources too, there's just a lot in turkey.

Nygdan, obviously this is peripheral, and not really germane to this thread, but the tryptophan in turkey thing is a myth. I think there might even be something on snopes about it.

Really? Interesing. Thanks for the info.

snopes
Turkey does contain tryptophan, an amino acid which is a natural sedative. But tryptophan doesn't act on the brain unless it is taken on an empty stomach with no protein present[...]Four ounces of turkey contain only about 350 milligrams of tryptophan

I had actually been wondering just how much there could be in it to make it have any sort of affect, especially in combination with eating all those other foods.

Guess all the raver kids went out to their delis and bought 10 pounds of sliced turkey for nuthin eh?

blind
People dont deserve the right to talk about drugs if they have never done them

Why? The only thing that a user knows is how they make one feel. A person who has worked in, say, a rehabilitation clinic for years and helped many patients and study many cases probably knows more about heroin than some kid that just started using it.

Rad Obs
here in the Uk most Xtasy related deaths...and there are a few each year, are coming form people who try it just the once

Yes, but I am not so certain that they've taken a 'lethal dose' of MDMA, rather than tainted pills or have done something else that resulted in death, ie not drinking enough or drinking too much water, etc etc.

A few people have said that they had no ill effects from E and think people shoudl just try anythinhg, but I think its doubtful that people who don't are are really missing out on anything. THere's lots of things in life to do, and lots that don't involve organ damage. At the very least a person shouldn't be looked down upon at all for not trying drugs.

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
dood! you wanna talk about drugs doood, inm so ttaally eawasted am d javomg a b;ast rogjt mpw cdood/ we;; tale ot easy a;; amd cjo;; all rogjt5? well cjo;; a;; amd [arety jaredsy!

posted on Dec, 19 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
well that last post was lovely!

that's the reason stay away from drugs!

i remember seeing a special on some channel about a doctor who used X to help her patients become comfortable with their emotions. anyone know what i'm talking about?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join