It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

man throws kittens from car.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
a couple of the guys had hung up a cat and were shooting it with the guns, one called me over to perticapate in the "fun" I said thanks took the nail gun and shot him in the arm with it. For some reason he didnt think it was "fun" anymore and they took the cat down and never done anything like that around me again

Amuk

As many have said, theres a difference between hunting to stock the larder - whereupon the animal is killed cleanly and quicky - and the downright abuse these people participated in. I hope that whenever he saw the scar from the nail, it reminded him what could happen when the shoe is on the other foot.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
And I agree. Becasue there are so many cases obviously there is a problem, we can't just beat these people with sticks, the problem needs to be solved at the source. This is why we just sit on the fence becasue there is basically nothing we can do. Sad as it may be.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I said thanks took the nail gun and shot him in the arm with it. For some reason he didnt think it was "fun" anymore and they took the cat down and never done anything like that around me again

and that little thumbs up is what bothers me and makes me think in the middle of the night....it really doesn't bother me a bit when animal or child abusers get hurt and get what they deserve....I got in big trouble as a 13 year old for beating the hell out of 11 year for torturing a cat.. I will not tolerate it at all...none, zero! Never have, never will. I wonder if it makes me as bad because I have no feeling at all when the tables are turned....I can't help it though....I feel nothing for them and my heart stays like ice towards them

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am seething right now !!!
LadyV is perfectly right. Most if not all animal abusers grow up to become wife beaters, violent abusers and even murderers.
I know exactly what I would love to do with those pond scum.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I hate to rub this in, as i am super
after reading some of the disgraceful acts described here but i would like to put some things into perspective

we, as humans, know the human body better than any other. with that in mind, imagine what would happen to a human baby if it was thrown from a vehicle

if it lands on its feet = broken legs
if it lands on its back and survives = probably paralized
if it lands on its chest = broken ribs

and i'll let your imagination run riot on what could happen if it lands on its head

Now i want you to imagine the vehicle is doing forty miles an hour on an asphalt highway

i can not imagine the sickening injuries this baby would be the recipient of

actually, that is a lie. i CAN. and if you can too, maybe you know how horrific those injuries would be

a kitten is a baby. no ifs, no buts. it just happens to be of another species

as for hunting, i feel that hunting for food and population control are totally just reasons for hunting

but bloodsport like fox hunting (
) are disgraceful acts of barbarity

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Daystar]

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have a story too although it`s not as gruesome as some of you guys`s. When I was about 9 i was swimming at the beach in New Jersey and all of a sudden I saw this little turtle struggling against the waves right beside me. At first I didnt know anything was wrong( I was just a little kid) so I picked it up and went to these guys who were fishing and i asked if they cought anythin yet. They said no and then i pulled the turtle from behind my back and said On yeah well i did! They then told me how some guy probably didnt want it and through it in the ocean because it was a fresh water turtle from like a marsh or swamp. I then told my mom and she got they lifeguard and some animal people came. I feel good that I saved that turtles life and I wonder why someone would do that, but I also wonder why someone would want to kill another human being.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Animal abuse really boils my p*ss !!!

Just this morning I was woken by the police because someone had broken into the tack room on my yard and pinched most of the tack in there, but the police told me they had called a vet as my horses was bleeding.I went straight down and found that he had a 10inch cut on his back leg and was bleeding from the nose.The vet told me he had probably been slashed at from the side then hit over his face with a shovel which the police found near the tack room.

Jake is such a friendly horse he would have only been after a pat on the neck and ended up being badly hurt !

Why hurt a defenceless animal ?
What makes someone hit a horse with a shovel ?

They better hope I never find them cos I dont think I could control myself and I could quite easily lose it.................big time !!

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titan007
I have seen my cat wound a mouse then chase it around the room then pick it up and throw it into a wall with it's mouth, it then left the mouse and went and ate some food from it's bowl... Cats kill for fun.

Edit: Cats are not somthing to compare to humans and I was just saying they do, and I know they do.

As for these Evil people Do you think they were born this way?

[edit on 14-12-2004 by Titan007]

For the second time..........CATS DO NOT KILL FOR FUN !! Its instinctive behaviour to do with prey catching skills which they do INSTINCTIVLY weather they are hungry or not. Animals do not kill for fun, you are anthropmorphising them. Animals kill from nessesity to eat or to better ensure there own genes are passed on. never for fun, they have no such concept. Must I post 50 links of information before you beleive simple fact?

As for the people, no, i think its part cultural influence and part upbringing, part mental illness! or any of the above alone.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by instar

No animal species kills for fun my freind, thats a soley human trait!

Maybe you should read before posting stupid Questions. If it is not normal for people to be cruel to animals that means they are not born that way so who makes them so evil and sick?

Don't get me wrong in no way I think this is right or humane.

I didnt post any questions

Maybe some are born that way. Other than that, ill repeat for you:
(a) cultural influence
(b) upbringing
(c) mental illness or any of the above alone or as a combination. none of the above makes it acceptable, or less than intentional, or means they dont know what they are doing, unless as I said they are
(a) a young child ~see (b) above
(b) mentally handicapped ~ this does not mean mentally ill nor is it the same.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
LadyV asked the question and it was directed to her.

My cat killed for fun I don't care how many BS links you post. As others has said they are bred or cross bred or somthing but I know he killed for fun.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

LadyV asked the question and it was directed to her.

My cat killed for fun I don't care how many BS links you post. As others has said they are bred or cross bred or somthing but I know he killed for fun.

Actually cats aren't the only ones, I have seen dogs do it and wolverines and badgers also kill for "sport" if not fun, as do several different animals.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
No....he didn't.....it started out as an instinctual act and he then ended up playing with it....study up on your animal psychology

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Heres a change of pace, its convenient that i have a whole thread full of animal lovers and no dissenters, so that in mind ill ask a few questions of you. This may radically change the tone of the thread or may not:

All the acts of cruelty mentioned in this thread are indeed callus and unnessesary, so far we agree, but supposing i bring into the equation
animals "used" (I emphasize "used") for medical research.
Now i have seen acts of unimaginable cruelty and barbarity commited against helpless animals in the name of science and human betterment.

Q1: Are the cruel works of vivisectors any more acceptable to you than the acts of individuals mentioned earlier in the thread , because the acts of vivisectors is for research?

Q2: Have you ever considered that the donations you make, at your door or in the street for research (any research) might well be directly funding these barbaric acts?

Im sure the answer in most cases to Q2 is "no", not many folk do, however very little money donated in this way is for non animal use research. horrible thought isnt it, but true.

Q3: do you accept the reasoning of researchers that its nessesary to torture animals to make drugs etc safe for us? do you fall for the approach
"your dog or your child"? The latter approach, aimed at emotional response
of the people has been used since forever to justify the torture of animals. I dont say "torture" lightly either.

What are your thoughts, just do you accept it as nessesary or not will do, breif reasoning if you like, theres already another thread about this but I wanted to provide a little contrast between this thread and that.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
That's BS, [sarcaism]I can just say these people started out as instinct and he was going to eat the kittens.[/sarcaism] My cat still played (fun) with that mouse instinct or not.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
My feelings.

How sad. Grown people, acting worse than animals!

Animals dont do things for fun. Period! If they did, we as humans wouldnt be here, its all instinct from the wild.

As for me I gots a dog, and he wouldnt kill a mouse (unless I say so).-LOL.

But I love cats, I love all animals. Again its a shame that certain humans think the way they think.

But then, this isnt a perfect world, so dont get angry (why waste your energy on such fools!) just pity them and punish them.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
So dolphins don't play in the wild... hmmm.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
no they dont.-LOL

just like wolfs dont go around camping, hunting yes, (but again thats out of instinct).

Just like monkeys dont go around behaving, just like crocadiles dont care, just like......

Get it (ah well)-LOL.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
So puppys aren't playing when they tug a bit string that you have?
So kittens aren't playing when they chase a bit of string you have?
So lion cubs aren't playing when they are play fighting with each other?
My families two dogs allways chase and play fight with each other.

It may be instinct but it's still playing as it is with babies that play with toy blocks or sqeaky toys.

Anyone else think that animals don't play period?

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ignore Titan hes blatantly trolling for pointless arguments now! way OT

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I'm not try to start an argument. I just can't see how somone would think animals don't play period. You and I come from a dog loving country tell me your opinion.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join