It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Active Shooter at VA Clinic near William Beaumont Army Medical Center, Texas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The VA has been mishandling and abusing our veterans for years. It is no wonder it took this long to see this happen, unfortunately for those involved.

As for the "gun thing", maybe they need a bigger "No Gun Zone" sign erected? That'll stop them....won't it? Or, maybe make it more illegal to shoot and kill someone when it is not in self-defense?

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I would be curious to see what kind of psyche meds the guy was on. The VA LOVES handing out the psych meds for everything. I've had my own share of fun with the VA and medication. The VA has been promoting other therapies, bit for most, psych meds are go to number 1.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This happened on post where firearms are heavily restricted from use and banned entirely for carry to all but MPs, civilian gate guards, and CID.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Krakatoa

This happened on post where firearms are heavily restricted from use and banned entirely for carry to all but MPs, civilian gate guards, and CID.

Yes, exactly my point.

posted on Jan, 7 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
I would be curious to see what kind of psyche meds the guy was on. The VA LOVES handing out the psych meds for everything. I've had my own share of fun with the VA and medication. The VA has been promoting other therapies, bit for most, psych meds are go to number 1.

The connection between psychopharmaceuticals and both suicides and violent crimes is one of the most ignored stories of recent years.

The reason for this is simple: Big pharma is one the big advertisers. Especially on news programs and networks.

Yet, if you dig, the facts are there. Psychoactive drugs play a role in many of these incidents.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I wrote a thread about a similar type shooting at a VA hospital last year.
There was a shooter on the hospital grounds and the hospital was in lock-down.
My husband was there locked into his office.Do any of you have any idea how
it feels to have a loved one in this type of scenario?
There wasn't enough sensationalism to get any type of response other than yawns
from the public.No blood,no bodies,move on...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join