It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update to OFFICER DOWN/ SHOTS FIRED (Flagstaff)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

(none of this directed at you of course)

Heres what people fail to understand.......

If you have CC and a criminal draws a weapon on you, you have legal right to put him down. Its self defense........

You dont have to wait for them to shoot at you......

Why the hell would you expect a cop to?

Besides that point, people trying to make that point are being intellectually dishonest, they know damn good and well if someone pulled a gun on them they would fire on them before they had the chance to take a shot at them or a loved one.....

Stop with the BS , just stop it.........
edit on 12/27/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
never mind..lol
edit on 27-12-2014 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Amen!

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Is it hunting season on cops or something? This country is going nuts.

It was only a matter of time before cops started getting shot and killed regularly. Like Matthew 26:52 says, Live by the sword die by the sword. Evil begets evil. Violence leads to violence. If you use violence, or other harsh means, against other people, you can expect to have those same means used against you. What amazes me is these cops keep killing Americans in record numbers each year then are shocked and outraged when the populace fights back.

Not saying I condone killing of cops or anything im just saying its not suprising. Cops today are the Redcoats of the Revolutionary war era. You can only push a population so hard before they push back. Unfortunatly the innocent ususally die first. Cops and civilians.

One thing I find startling is more Americans have been killed by police in America since 2001 than in Afghanistan and Iraq combined. And supposedly America is not an active warzone.
edit on 27-12-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Accepting your bible verse at face value...why is it a rookie cop that gets attacked? Why is it two officers sitting in a patrol car? And not, say...an officer that chokes a guy out? An officer who shoots a restrained subject?

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Like I said towards the end its the innocent who usually die first. C'est la vie.

edit on 27-12-2014 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Evil begets evil, force begets force. Except in the beginning, because in the beginning it'll just be innocents.

Great verse. Really fits

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Its usually the innocents who die first. Not always though. Like a man who sells smokes on the corner getting choked to death. Or a rookie cop shot in the face. Did they deserve to die? Probably not. But thats the way the of the world.

CX

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Twitter is saying the officer has died of his injuries, From Fox 10 news.

Sad news. RIP

CX.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Yea my point is that according to your bible verse it would be the jerkwads on both sides taking each other out, and not offing randm innocents.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CX

ABC is reporting same.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Accepting your bible verse at face value...why is it a rookie cop that gets attacked? Why is it two officers sitting in a patrol car? And not, say...an officer that chokes a guy out? An officer who shoots a restrained subject?

the answer is a spiritual one and you are not allowed to believe it.

only the good die young

The crazy part of this case is that the officers would go further than just planting evidence but they were probaly stabbing each other on scene to avoid the press.

jk
edit on 27-12-2014 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
But it also has a lot of history, and a large historic downtown. It was the main Arizona stop on Route 66. It also is the largest town south of the Grand Canyon, Navajo Reservation, and a major ski slope.

I used to spend a lot of weekends there.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Why is it a rookie cop that gets attacked?

In the immortal words of the door gunner on the movie, "It's easy - you just don't lead them so much"

In this case, I don't see it as someone after a cop specifically, it was a domestic fight and the rookie might not have been as primed as he might have been, it would seem to me these sort of calls would be wild cards.

But another answer would be, if you're nuts enough to start ventilating cops, any cop will do. You guys present yourself as this monolithic force, one for all, all for one sort of thing. They're taking you at your word. Me, personally, if I had some sort of homicidal grudge, I'm going to give it a bit for you to piss off some other folks, then warm up my old M14 and go wait for you. I don't get the first-cop-you-see thing myself.

While there might be all sorts of tactical reasons to do this with a proper plan, I think it's more a case of stupidity and being nuts.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Officer Tyler Jacob Stewart - Officer Down Memorial

Police Officer Tyler Stewart was shot and killed while investigating a domestic violence incident at a home in the 800 block of West Clay Avenue at approximately 1:30 pm.

When Officer Stewart arrived at the scene a male subject exited the home and opened fire on him, striking him in the face. Despite being wounded, Officer Stewart was able to activate an emergency alert button. Responding officers discovered him suffering from the gunshot wound and he was transported to a local hospital where he later died.

The subject who shot Officer Stewart committed suicide at the scene.

Officer Stewart had served with the Flagstaff Police Department for less than one year.

Please contact the following agency to send condolences or to obtain funeral arrangements:

Police Chief Kevin Treadway
Flagstaff Police Department
911 East Sawmill Road
Flagstaff, AZ 86001

Phone: (928) 556-2316

Read more: www.odmp.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
First off: Deepest condolences to the Officer's family and colleagues.
Second: Domestic violence.

I have some friends who work in police here, in Poland. And they tell me that the domestic violence cases are the ones that can go from zero to ballistic in seconds. In Poland many such cases that included arms ended with perpetrator killing himself after he had killed his loved one(s) and was either faced by AT team or just decided to kill himself to round up the tally. But the general picture was the same nonetheless: Domestic violence cases can end up with extreme tragedy. I guess it's ebcause of all of the emotions that build up along with unbelievably strong mental and psychical bonds being strained/severed during such situations that all add up to an insanely explosive situation.

Anyway, when I read/hear about police response to "domestic violence" I'm almost sure it will be messy in this way or the other.

And no, I don't think that banning guns would help in any way: In Poland for example guns can be carried only by people who are checked by doctors for mental stability and registered with the police. If you think that stops someone who has sinister motives from using them for the "wrong" purpose (I added the quotes because for me using weapon to kill somebody is never right...), you're delusional. Guns are everywhere and getting them this way or the other is no problem nowadays (was it ever?).

So again: Deepest condolences to the family and peers of that man. Such is the duty of a policeman, unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Deeepest sympathy to the family of the slain officer.
While everyone is verbally beating down the cops as "killers", this officer died while on the way to help somebody, a victim of domestic violence.

Lets hope those who have spent the last two months insulting the "pigs " have the balls to show some sympathy for the lives devastated today.

edit on PM7Sun20141972 by andy1972 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's always sad when someone is killed by violence, on either side.

I do find it odd that when looking for statistics on how many
people are shot and killed by the police there are absolutely none available.
On the contrary Officers killed by citizens numbers are easy to come by.
Along with great front page editorials sorrow and pageantry.

I did hear one stat recently on the news. An unarmed black man (news not me)
is killed every 28 minutes by police in the US. If a cop was killed every 30 minutes
it would look like Fallujah circa 2006 outside everyday.
edit on 28-12-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy1972
Deeepest sympathy to the family of the slain officer.

While everyone is verbally beating down the cops as "killers", this officer died while on the way to help somebody, a victim of domestic violence.

Lets hope those who have spent the last two months insulting the "pigs " have the balls to show some sympathy for the lives devastated today.

Let's see if those who chose to lie and cover up the shooting that started all this mess 2 months ago will come foward.

posted on Dec, 28 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: opethPA

Yup bads been happening forever, I just wonder if the pace has increased or are we so connected that we have information overload and this amount of bad is standard.

It's information overload because society has become more dangerous.
There's more drugs out on the streets now, and not just marijuana or coc aine or heroin. But drugs that aren't even based on any plant, but 100% chemicals and other poisons. Things like Ice are creating massive problems in lots of places.

The fear is being drilled into people.

And I'll tell you one thing. Since we've had a free trade agreement here in Australia with the USA, we are getting more and more and more news about what's happening there. We are always being told what the US president is saying or doing. Like I give a sh** what the US president is doing, or what's happening over there in some tiny city or town or suburb that nobody has ever heard of. We've got our own problems.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join