It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Are Scapegoats For the People With Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Here's something that I haven't seen posted here yet. So this guy, Eugene O'Donnell says that since the Wilson and Garner decisions, cops have been scapegoats for those with real power. And I totally agree with him. these politicians make stupid laws and order the cops to enforce them. The Garner case, for instance, the police should have never even been there in the first place. I mean the guy was selling loose cigarettes... Why is it even a police matter? So I agree with Eugene O’Donnell, it is a lunatic mission.

Cops Are Scapegoats For the People With Power

“People will not explain what the police do, the context in which they operate, the power they have, the endorsement they have from the highest level of people. The root of this, is that loose cigarette enforcement is a lunatic mission, that no cop ever joined the NYPD to be part of.”

This article points out a pattern of the PBA doing "seemingly outrageous things to gain leverage for their members."

After an officer was indicted for shooting and killing 66-year-old Eleanor Bumpers in 1984, the Times reported that the PBA “suggested that officers in all the city’s boroughs refrain from any action until directed to do so by a higher-ranking supervisor and that in the Bronx and Brooklyn, officers should also await instructions from a prosecutor.” Hundreds of officers sought transfers as a show of solidarity, and to snarl the NYPD’s administration. (A bomb later went off in the PBA’s offices. No one was injured. The indictment against the officer was later dismissed.)

This caused me to look into the bombing of the PBA offices.

A bomb exploded at the office of the Patrolman's Benevolent Association in lower Manhattan early this morning, the police said, and a group calling itself the Red Guerrilla Defense claimed responsibility, saying the bombing was in protest of the union's support of officers indicted in the deaths of blacks.

Red Guerrilla Defense claimed responsibility... And Ismaaiyl Brinsley was a member of the Black Guerilla Family gang.

I don't know what to make of it, just wanted to share...
edit on 25-12-2014 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsecret

The Garner case, for instance, the police should have never even been there in the first place. I mean the guy was selling loose cigarettes... Why is it even a police matter? So I agree with Eugene O’Donnell, it is a lunatic mission.

It becomes a police matter when the merchants that want you to buy their cigarettes or anything they sell from their establishment complain. You need a permit to sell anything and they don't issue that for "street" vending of anything anymore. Thats the rub. Heres Garner trying not to sling drugs or rob or steal and simply trying to make a couple of bucks honestly and thats illegal.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Cops are human and have the ability to make their own choice.

We all have our choice to make. They are making the wrong ones.

Peace

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
One issue here is that the protesters should challenge the WHOLE SYSTEM which includes the PROSECUTER it’s not just about the police.

They should be getting on the prosecutor as much as the police

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm blowing a raspberry in the general direction of those making that assertion...

The man who choked Garner to death isn't a scapegoat...

& to say those with power are using him as a scapegoat, is the equivalent of making "those with power" a scapegoat...

saying the bombing was in protest of the union's support of officers indicted in the deaths of blacks.

Someone help me here...
Because this has been written horribly...

Did they blow up whatever because they're not in favour of indicting killer cops?
Because that's what it says...

But that doesn't make sense to me.

If anyone can understand this incoherent paragraph please decode it for me please.
Thanks.

Now I will continue to blow a raspberry...

edit on 25-12-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

saying the bombing was in protest of the union's support of officers indicted in the deaths of blacks.

Someone help me here...
Because this has been written horribly...

Did they blow up whatever because they're not in favour of indicting killer cops?
Because that's what it says...

But that doesn't make sense to me.

If anyone can understand this incoherent paragraph please decode it for me please.
Thanks.

I think they attacked them because they supported the officers who killed Eleanor Bumpurs and Michael Stewart,

played a recording that said the group planted the bomb to protest ''the P.B.A., which promotes racist murder and killer cops.'' The message mentioned Eleanor Bumpurs and Michael Stewart, two blacks whose deaths resulted in indictments of police officers.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: whatsecret

Thank you pal...

You made it comprehensible for me to understand.

The Union have supported the indicted officers & this group disapproves that support...

Gotcha...

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
How about this: True is true, and filth is filth. Honesty cannot be forsaken.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The people, the cops.....both dupes to the psychological manipulations of the PTB......
That's how they ride the back of the beast....keep it occupied with distractions....

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
The people, the cops.....both dupes to the psychological manipulations of the PTB......
That's how they ride the back of the beast....keep it occupied with distractions....

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Yes, but people still need to stand up to, and I don't agree with violent methods unless its immediate self protection of children, neighbor and yourself, which could conceivably happen in some kinds of uprisings and probably has throughout the world in recent times. But the people need to be very unified and clear that enough is enough with police brutality.

However, even while standing up to police concerns, and school concerns, and all the different elements of NWO and fascism, or the presence of organized evil, no one should lose site of the right group. The top 85 wealthiest individuals be they, political heads, religious heads, banking heads, royal heads, and know they're behind everything and they're the ones to always blame for the policies of policing, and also for the crime on your streets, for the trauma's drugs and black markets in neighborhoods and recruiting youth, (for they literally do this in your neighborhoods and my friend and I stood up to the black op and he knew, we knew, his head went down, busted! and that recruitment job was over thanks to aware, awake women on the job!) They work for the top 85%.

Everything goes to them, big and small and even in your neighborhood.

Pin the tail on the right donkey always and don't get divided. Its very hard. The borders are letting South American's in, there is a foreign takeover and nonstop assault on equality, Christian nations and freedom.

But its always them. Yet we have to deal with the little stuff AND pin the tail on them.
edit on 26-12-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I would agree that officers are in a way scapegoats of those with real power, but the main point is that they willingly agree to enforce unconstitutional laws and willingly agree to violate the rights of everyday citizens. We are citizens by default, they go out of their way to become police officers knowing full well what they are going to be doing. That is why it's OK to group them together, because they joined a group, a group thats status quo is violation of the rights of the people, on a daily basis.

All cops are bad simply by the nature of joining such an organization. I'm sure there are some nazi officers that did some nice things, treated their family well, cared about certain groups of people, but they are still NAZIS. Just like a cop may be sweet to his kitty and help out an old lady, but he is still a COP. You make the choice to oppress and violate a people to pay your bills and you are not a good person, it doesn't matter what else you do.

If you are doing the work of the devil your hands aren't as dirty as the devil himself, but they are still pretty damn dirty. If these officers really wanted to stop the corruption, if they were actually good people with any integrity and any care for the people they would be ousting their fellow officers EN MASSE, yet the vast majority remain silent behind that damn blue line. Thug, gangster, mafioso, that's what these people are.

Speaking of the mafia, and some gangs, they actually "help" their communities as well. Many of them provide protection against other bad guys, help poor people in their neighborhoods, etc. But they are still bad guys. They do good things to try and distract from their atrocities. Just like the police, put away a few legitimate criminals so people ignore the hundreds of innocents who's lives you have destroyed.

Police talk about how dangerous their job is, and it's bullchit. There are many professions much more dangerous than police work. You think cops are getting killed in the line of duty every day? That's what they would have you believe. They are not. look at the stats their chance of getting killed is very, very low. They lie and talk about how criminals have such powerful weapons so they need APCs and "assault weapons" and it, again, is bullchit. Criminals used to have ACTUAL military hardware, Thompson machine guns and the like. Now most criminals use low quality, bad condition little .22s .32s and .38s pistols. How many times are criminals actually using things like AKs and ARs in commission of a crime? Almost never. That's the fact.
edit on 26-12-2014 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The police are their muscle. Money talks and bull# walks. Kinda like the police do when they taser 12 year old kids and beating 75 year old men up.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Don't get me wrong I'm no lover of the "Force" but if stupid people stopped doing stupid and illegal things and behaved themselves we wouldn't need the Police. Imagine for a minute if those protesters marching against police brutality just said to their kids roaming the streets armed, looting and robbing innocent victims - "stop it"!

I say its the criminals that have brought this onto us all and that they are the real enemy! any gun toting gang banger who thinks its ok to "Carry" but don't like it when they get shot its your fault the police have to treat everyone as criminals.

Protest them and not the cops and maybe we could get somewhere, your kid who robs a convenient store isn't innocent and your tears and protesting only goes to show how bad your parenting was/is. Look at yourself and why your kid pulled a gun on a store owner trying to make a living by actually "Working" and ask yourself this.."Is it my Fault he's dead or the Police?".
edit on 26-12-2014 by mazzroth because: typos

edit on 26-12-2014 by mazzroth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join