It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop With This Talk of 'Black Culture,' As If Blacks Are A Singular Entity

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
We are all humans, except of course the Reptillians, politicians, lawyers, and Aliens. I don't want to insult them.

There is nothing wrong with keeping the culture of your ancestors, but we are all Americans here in America. We cannot be a civilization if we are torn apart by these things. It seems like some people want to keep us separated and shove stuff down our throats upsetting the fact that we are all equal and we are all pawns on the chessboard.

If we argue amongst ourselves then we do not see the deception up high. This is what they want. We have to concentrate on what we have in common, not the differences. The cultures of two hundred years ago were interesting, I see a need to simplify our lives a bit so we aren't so stressed and argumentative. We do not want to go back there again as there was a lot of inequality, but we do want to look at the good things they did, the relaxed way of living for many people in different cultures. This means we need to examine our conditioning, everyone is an equal. From there you judge by honesty and a person's compassion. I see too much runaway egotistical behavior controlling this society.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: DingleBerry80

originally posted by: TheJourney

originally posted by: DingleBerry80

originally posted by: center
a reply to: DingleBerry80

Me too, but the rap when I was a kid was harmless, then came psycopaths like Tupac who preached about shooting other ni***rs, (his words not mine),,or am I racist for saying that Tupac rapped about killing other ni***rs ? He said it not me AND if Tupac couldn't say the N word , the F word or use the phrase "shoot a ni**er" then he would have had no dialogue. We had harmless Rob Bass, Sir Mixalot, until rappers started using the N word, rap was safe.

the difference between the 'er' ending and 'a' ending is fundamentally different...the 'a' ending is an extremely common term used among blacks, that is totally casual and just like...the way people say man, dude, stuff like that...'er' ending is what people use when they are trying to be derogatory towards blacks...

Tell me one thing Mr. Smart guy.. Why would you use ANY variation of the word due to the roots and meaning of it, to say and call yourselves?

DingleBerry

Probably a more complex version of taking a term that was being used against them in a negative way, slightly changing it, and claiming it as their own without the negative meaning. But I don't really know. It's not relevant. Now it is an extremely common term used among blacks, which is casual slang and has no negative connotations. And people who equate it with calling a black person a n...er in a hateful and derogatory way are clueless.

It is very relevant.. Do jews call each other racist words, or any other race? It is called intelligence.

DingleBerry

Oh right, black people are stupid murdering crackheads...almost forgot...I'm clearly the stupid one for wasting my time trying to make thoughtful posts in response to someone who seems quite limited in capacity for understanding.
edit on 25-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

You forgot this part:prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

Racism isn't about you assuming that because they are of a certain race,they will always have these abilities.Its about hating them for who they are,whether it be because they are fat,a certain color,a certain religion,from a certain country,too skinny,or act a certain way. There are other ways as well.

Simply because you recognize that a certain group of people have a certain culture is not a bad thing in and of itself. Some cultures have a lot of positives. All cultures have some good points,as well as bad.This is the nature of the beast.It is how you associate that culture with positive or negative thoughts that makes it racist.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
If anything the blacks should be happy. They are given much more than whites as far as having to work for it. Slavery was horrible but the fact remains that they would be living in mud huts in Africa in civil war and starvation if it hadn't happened. They were slaves to begin with sold to the white man by black slave owners! If anything all whites did was relocate them. They still would have been slaves but in much harsher conditions.

Here in the U.S. Only a handful of states even had slavery! Whites did not go around lynching slaves like books teach you, they were worth money. The only time usually was when one commited a CRIME and then they did. Sorry to tell you but they pulled the "I aint did nothin, he was a good kid" back then too.

DingleBerry
edit on 25-12-2014 by DingleBerry80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
These threads are always just full of people putting words in each others mouths and people being offended subtextually. Why don't you all go meet each other and slap each other to death. Winner gets an "I'm not a racist" t-shirt and losers get a ride to the whiner hospital in a WHAAAAmbulance.

A rant within a rant. Rantception.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
You say blacks should be treated as individuals and not as a singular culture, I understand your point and agree.
But you fail to mention the whites are lumped into one repressive entity when most whites have no ability whatsoever to stop a black man from becoming anything he dreams to be. The broad stroke of the "culture" brush is used both ways.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Out of a quarter of a million members and growing.. .you're addressing the minutely-minute percentage?

That # of us is less than 2%...so much average in a society.. .by that standard.. .its overall non existent as an issue here..sure there will be some everywhere.. .and by that "norm"...its not even constant or frequent or regular. Not with 300,000 members.

There certainly is a black, white, Chinese, Hispanic, and many others.. .culture. ..specific to race and religion.. .and I will agree there is crossovers either some blacks acting white and white teens acting like they're from the "hood".

Both are prevalant therefore affirming the differences are real and definable...and that proves as well that there are differences identifying each culture.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Me too, but the rap when I was a kid was harmless, then came psycopaths like Tupac who preached about shooting other ni***rs, (his words not mine),,or am I racist for saying that Tupac rapped about killing other ni***rs ? He said it not me AND if Tupac couldn't say the N word , the F word or use the phrase "shoot a ni**er" then he would have had no dialogue. We had harmless Rob Bass, Sir Mixalot, until rappers started using the N word, rap was safe.

the difference between the 'er' ending and 'a' ending is fundamentally different...the 'a' ending is an extremely common term used among blacks, that is totally casual and just like...the way people say man, dude, stuff like that...'er' ending is what people use when they are trying to be derogatory towards blacks...
the fact that some blacks say only blacks can say ni**a but whites cant say it even in the same context as blacks because they are white is racist.
edit on 12/25/2014 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
To be really honest, I doubt the existence of a genuine blanket-style black culture, much like I doubt the existence of a genuine blanket-style white culture in the US. I can't pinpoint any aspects of either one with any definitive certainty. It's just too broad. We have American culture, and that's the main culture that can be defined. How that is defined is up to each person (apple pies and US flags my ass, more like over-spendy consumerists, but whatever)

Then we have definable US subcultures. Emo culture. Goth culture. Hippie culture. Biker culture. Suburbanite culture. Country/redneck/hillbilly/hick culture (though most identifying as any one of those will disagree on any similarities & be offended being compared to them) Gangsta culture (posers) and gang culture (being legitimate gangs & ensuing behaviors) I've been told that inner city culture is a culture differing greatly from gansta/gang culture.
Edit: And that's just examples of what are essentially behavior/lifestyle cultures. I haven't even bothered with the wide variety regional cultures like New Englander or Southerner..

But black & white culture? Please. It's not quite that definable.
edit on 12/25/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

the fact that some blacks say only blacks can say ni**a but whites cant say it even in the same context as blacks because they are white is racist.

Ultimately I agree with this. But at the same time, I'm not gonna go around saying it, particularly around black people, because I can understand how if you were black you might not like hearing some random white person say it. Because I have also seen people who do harbor racist thoughts using that line of reasoning as an excuse to be able to use the word, and claim to not be racist. At the same time, it really isn't exactly a black/white thing. It's moreso black people use it. If you're a white person and have black friends who use the term, there's a good chance they'll call you it. For many it's just the word they use for people in certain contexts, as I said much like man or dude.

Also, some black people, if they really know you and know you're not at all racist, won't care if you use it...some don't really care about it in the first place actually...I used to have a black friend that tried to get me to use it, but it made me feel uncomfortable. Plus I wouldn't really use it anyways, it's not my 'style.' So again, ultimately I do agree that a double standard shouldn't exist. But I understand the perspective, and also understand that it's a bit more complicated than 'its a word used by blacks in reference to blacks and whites can't use it.'
edit on 25-12-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Out of a quarter of a million members and growing.. .you're addressing the minutely-minute percentage?

That # of us is less than 2%...so much average in a society.. .by that standard.. .its overall non existent as an issue here..sure there will be some everywhere.. .and by that "norm"...its not even constant or frequent or regular. Not with 300,000 members.

There certainly is a black, white, Chinese, Hispanic, and many others.. .culture. ..specific to race and religion.. .and I will agree there is crossovers either some blacks acting white and white teens acting like they're from the "hood".

Both are prevalant therefore affirming the differences are real and definable...and that proves as well that there are differences identifying each culture.

I have posted on a number of forums, and this is the only one I have ever seen people be explicitly racist and others like it. It's always been something that is so obviously wrong and taboo that even if someone were racist they obviously wouldn't try to show it. Here people openly show it and get a bunch of stars.

And what does it mean when a black person 'acts white?' Is well spoken and educated? And when a white person 'acts black?' Acts ignorantly and obnoxiously? This is the problem. Negative connotations are implicit in the way many use 'black culture,' and they are being racist while using a 'generic term' that isn't racist. But how does one act white? How does one act black?

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The beauty of a forum like this is, that unless any member wishes to disclose

their personnel information..... WE ARE ALL THE SAME.

*Black / White, *Short / Tall, *Male / Female, *Fat / Thin, and any

other combinations that can be thought of.

So it seems to me till people believe that when one is caught

committing a crime, or stopped for a driving offence, caught with

contraband. or even shot when running away .... that these outcomes

were the result of some type of offence being committed and

NOT because of any other prejudices

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

So again, ultimately I do agree that a double standard shouldn't exist. But I understand the perspective, and also understand that it's a bit more complicated than 'its a word used by blacks in reference to blacks and whites can't use it.'

Surely if a word or words is only allowable for use to one section of the

community that too constitutes a form of 'racism'

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

So again, ultimately I do agree that a double standard shouldn't exist. But I understand the perspective, and also understand that it's a bit more complicated than 'its a word used by blacks in reference to blacks and whites can't use it.'

Surely if a word or words is only allowable for use to one section of the

community that too constitutes a form of 'racism'

And surely you're not actually that oblivious. I already stated that ultimately I agree that the double standard shouldn't exist, in the very post you quoted. At the same time, I also acknowledge it is a bit of a complicated issue. And to act as though there is no complications to it, and simplify it to the degree you seem to be, is to, again, act oblivious.

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this! Like really...THANK YOU. It's nice to hear from someone who is not black that not all black people are the same. I'm glad that SOMEONE NOTICED this. People of all colors commit crimes and so on and so forth, but black people will ALWAYS be looked at as inferior regardless which is messed up but very true. And yes just like OP said, racism is more subtle. Being dark skinned black is like the lowest of low in most's eyes, compared to the lighter skinned, lighter than a brown paper bag blacks.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
black adj white adj not a race of people.people need to learn to learn a culture. The people you call so-called black come from different tribes in africa. Many are more native american than those commenting here. namaste

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   
look at the laws of the land. There is no such being considered black. read parliament laws usa constitution

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

The weak culture is eaten by the stronger one.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LOSTinAMERICA
which culture you referring to? Because black is NOT a culture.

posted on Dec, 26 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Well, when people use the term 'black culture' on here, it is often in reference to 'drugs, murder, illegitimate babies, and rioting.' Is this what black culture constitutes to you? I don't have a problem with the idea of black culture. But I see people on here associate 'black culture' with purely negative things time and time again. And that obviously fuels racism.

In the US specifically, "black culture" can be used to describe a lot. I feel like any black people in other parts of the world would be disgusted by some of the references that would ensue, but that's where it is at in some cases sadly.

Look at it this way, you have:

A rat-turncoat big mouthed, race baiting Al Sharpton, speaking for the nation's black people.

Black President, which you would think is great for the issue, but decide to get himself tied into heavily skewed subjects like Trayvon Martin

An industry tied into black culture (sorry) hip hop and rap, while it has members from all races, is "owned" by many people of one race, and one race only. They claim this, they also claim its fine to use the N word, and others shouldn't. Glorify gang banging, drug dealing, pimping, etc. Whether or not some of this is subculture or not, its still culture.

It doesn't mean black culture is these few bad examples and nothing else, but it does mean that black culture is made up in part by very famous, powerful, public figures, with millions of followers, fans, admirers, who all carry some similar attitude as the person in question.

Millions of kids aiming to be like this.

Its a part of black culture but it doesn't mean its the only thing there. If the person is speaking about it, and using it in a specific context, you can't blame them. If they are purposely trying to inflame debate then you have a point.

Just like in Asian culture, the bad is tried into the good. Not everyone is a Triad, but it has existed for a long time now, and even if socially unacceptable, the number of members, their reach, the corruption they have introduced, and maintained in all systems of business, government, and media is astounding. But it does make it part of their culture.

And Im bringing this up on purpose, as from 1st hand viewpoints and examples, many times its that "XYZ we don't care enough about _______" "We don't do enough about ______" "Its because in Asia things are _____ way which allows ______"

I mean, its so weird that the racism horn is blown every time someone talks about some of the most popularized, mainstream stuff that is in hip hop and rap. And then its like, "well you shouldn't talk about it that way, or suggest that every black person is like that."

Okay, they aren't, but does it change the most popular entertainment in the demographic, is anyone talking about the negativity, is anyone criticizing themselves here or is it just blame everyone for saying something about an alternative race, because hey, since they aren't us they don't know #. That in itself is a little racist.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join