It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking you saw someone, but didn't... then seeing them.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
So I tried my best to do some research on this before posting- but I do not think I am searching the right things.
I have a strange “thing” that has been happening over and over- more so the past few weeks.

Ex: I am sitting in the Salon, waiting to get my hair cut, glancing out the window… I think I see “Susie”… but a better look determines, it is not “Susie”… shortly after the real Susie does in fact walk past that very same window… Different outfit/haircut/look than the “Susie” I thought I saw earlier.

This has happened to me more than a dozen time the past month, and more times than I can count in my past.

Does this happen to anyone else?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Britx

I usually spot poeple that arnt the right people, when going to meet the right one.

I always put it down to subconscious looking out for them in your peripheral vision, i ways find it a freaky when it happens, but ive never thought it was magic or voodoo curses.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I honestly didnt think too much of it myself until it happened over and over and over again. It didnt fit into the "Dejavu" category, but I wasnt sure if there was something else attributing to it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I am sitting in the Salon, waiting to get my hair cut, glancing out the window… I think I see “Susie”… but a better look determines, it is not “Susie”… shortly after the real Susie does in fact walk past that very same window…

The vardøger, vardøgr or varsel is a spirit predecessor, from Scandinavian folklore. Stories typically include instances that are nearly déjà vu in substance, but in reverse, where a spirit with the subject's footsteps, voice, scent, or appearance and overall demeanor precedes them in a location or activity, resulting in witnesses believing they've seen or heard the actual person before the person physically arrives.

Vardøger

edit on 22-12-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

That's actually pretty cool! And I gave you a star because so many times I read posts where the OP doesn't get their question answered...
That's an interesting phenomenon (not sure what else to call it) and I have always believed that the spirit world affects us so much more than we are willing to admit.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
When my "6th sense" first started to really kick in around 2006 or so I would randomly find girls or predict where they were or sense them before they showed like how you are describing. For example one time I got the hard urge to quit going where I was going and stand off to the side. One minute later two beautiful young women walked around the corner. That was in 2007 if I remember right.

originally posted by: Britx
So I tried my best to do some research on this before posting- but I do not think I am searching the right things.
I have a strange “thing” that has been happening over and over- more so the past few weeks.

Ex: I am sitting in the Salon, waiting to get my hair cut, glancing out the window… I think I see “Susie”… but a better look determines, it is not “Susie”… shortly after the real Susie does in fact walk past that very same window… Different outfit/haircut/look than the “Susie” I thought I saw earlier.

This has happened to me more than a dozen time the past month, and more times than I can count in my past.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The vardøger, vardøgr or varsel is a spirit predecessor, from Scandinavian folklore. Stories typically include instances that are nearly déjà vu in substance, but in reverse, where a spirit with the subject's footsteps, voice, scent, or appearance and overall demeanor precedes them in a location or activity, resulting in witnesses believing they've seen or heard the actual person before the person physically arrives.

Vardøger

I think I have one of those.

To flip the coin on the OP, I've lost count of the times someone came up to me and said "Didn't I see you at ______ at _________ in the evening? Or something to that effect. This has been going on periodically since the early 80's, and my appearance has changed alot since then.

Now you see me, now you don't I guess. It's not something I think about too much anymoe. Whenever it happens I just tell people that they're mistaken and that I get that alot.

What else can you say?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Vardøger

I think I have one of those.

To flip the coin on the OP, I've lost count of the times someone came up to me and said "Didn't I see you at ______ at _________ in the evening? Or something to that effect. This has been going on periodically since the early 80's, and my appearance has changed alot since then.

Now you see me, now you don't I guess. It's not something I think about too much anymoe. Whenever it happens I just tell people that they're mistaken and that I get that alot.

What else can you say?

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Something like that happened to me on precisely one occasion.
A family holiday in Scotland. We were at Aviemore.
My father and brother had gone to the shop or something, and I was in the caravan reading. I suppose I was a little impatient for them to come back, so that the family could get on with the day's trip.
I looked out of the window, saw them coming, and went back to what I was reading. Some time later I wondered why they had not yet arrived, so I looked out of the window again and saw nothing. Eyes down again.
The third time I looked out, I saw them coming towards the van again, and what struck me as odd was that I saw EXACTLY the same image, at the same distance from the van, that I had seen the first time round. I remarked on the fact in my diary later, so I can even date the incident.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Sometimes I will think about someone who I know and I will see them soon after I thought about them, sometimes I will run into them at the store and sometimes I will just see them driving . But it is kind of strange when it happens

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about! This happens to me fairly regularly and I always think "That was weird" when it happens.

Its always good to be able to put a term like "Vardøger" to these sorts of phenomena too. Especially if its origins are from centuries ago. It gives the phenomenon more credibility in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

I am sitting in the Salon, waiting to get my hair cut, glancing out the window… I think I see “Susie”… but a better look determines, it is not “Susie”… shortly after the real Susie does in fact walk past that very same window…

Vardøger

Fascinating. I also had this happen to me once and judging by the stars (and the fact that there's a word for it) I'm not the only one. For me, though, it was more like the Scandinavian description: the person I saw was not there at all, which was pretty confusing at the time.
There was no sense of the ethereal or ghostiness or anything like that. A flesh and blood person pulled up my driveway and then vanished when I opened the door, and then arrived "for real" about a half hour later.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Britx
Yes. This has happened to me a few times. Coincidence? Possibly...

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:35 AM
link   

i find this strange that this popped up. I never said anything about this, just was a silent observer. I told my ex girlfriend she had a couple of twins. She didn't believe me until i photographed them both together walking in opposite directions wearing different cloths and hairstyles. One day i even approached her, but i was totally ignored when i know that she heard me. The creepy one wears black sun glasses and likes black apparently. My ex was shocked when she saw the photo's i mailed her. She confronted her mother and asked if she had any other children about. She said her mom said no and asked why she would ask such a thing. she then showed the photo's to her mother and she was shocked and called me and asked where did i take these pictures. I told her right here. My address has never changed. They both came up to visit me, which is a shock to me after the break up. anyway. We all went to the china buffet for lunch in the small strip mall area.We talked about the pics. It was like a ghost walked into the building. We were only their for about 15 minutes. I said, look, there one is now. They both got up and sort of bum rushed her. It must of took her by surprise. It was the creepy one wearing the black sunglasses. They all went out the door. I was toward the back corner so i lost sight of them after they got out the door. The woman walked in and must of saw them walk toward her and she went out the door with them trailing behind. I could hear my ex saying hey miss.
about 3 or 4 minutes later the two came back in and i asked so whats up. They asked me if she came back in. I said NO, and i asked what happened. They said where did she go, she had to come back in, I said i didn't see her come back in,, i looked towards the door most of the time ,right after you left out the door behind her.We argued a short while about it and ate our food and left. I got home and they said they had to leave because of the long drive and to contact if i see them again. I said goodbye and they started to drive off. I started walking in the house and i heard car tires squeal. I turned around and the two were chasing this woman down the street. They were in such a hurry they left the car doors open sort of off the street. I walked over to see what was going on, by this time they were about a couple of blocks away. I waited by the car and shut the doors. I waited about 10 minutes maybe and i could see them walking towards me. When they got close enough i asked whats wrong. The mother said she saw the other twin on the sidewalk walking towards the car. When she stopped the car the woman ran like a deer and bolted across into neighboring houses and into the woods and they lost her. I said i would of bolted too if i saw two thugs squeeeling tires and running at me too. They got back in the car, and didn't say anything more to me and drove off towards the back side of the woods i would immagine. I never saw the twins again until today. Both were doing different things and in different outfits and hair styles. I did not approach this time, i just observed. I noticed that when they got close to one another it looked like they were talking about something i don't know and kept starring in my direction. I got a creepy feeling and i just left. Wierd. I will have to update my ex on the EX Files of twins who look like her. My ex is a dead give away. she has black long hair and likes to wear that stupid hat. Anyways, i find it funny someone has had this happen to them. I have told my sister about this. I told her i saw her in wallmart today. well not today, but back then today. She told me that she was tired and slept in feeling sick.I told her i saw her in wallmart. did you pick up your prescription. She said she didnt go out yet and asked me to go pick her up some stuff. OK, mistaken identity. I ran up to wallmart picked up the stuff and came back. dropped off the stuff and left her house. A mile down the road i see my sister walking a stroller full of books. OK, i must be tired, i shrugged it off, went home took a nap and woke up. I opened the blinds and turned on the t.v. About a half hour later i see my sister outside with the stroller full of books. I pulled the window up and said you must be feeling better then. She did not look at me and walked off with the stroller of books into the woods. I thought this was odd. I got up and drove my car to my sisters house. I ASKED, whats with all the books. she said, what books. I said that i had just seen her outside my house with a stroller full of books. she said that you know that all the kids are grown up ,what would i be doing with a stroller full of books, i don't own a stroller anymore and i don't read books. I said OK. You must not be feeling any better. she said, whats that supposed to mean. I left and said i figured i would check in on her. I went home and went outside to water the lawn and do some outside work. Again, i see my sister walking behind a stroller of books. I called out her name and the woman just kept walking and ignored me. I let it go and figured she was in a bad mood. Again, the woman went into the woods. Strange. I also thought i saw another friend of mine walk into the woods.
I have been paying attention to the woods lately. Creepy.

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cloaked4u

You need to go and investigate them woods! I would! Thats crazy.

OP, yes this does happen to me not very often though it is rare but has occured, also if i think or talk about something i almost always see them or the thing i was talking about, it makes me not want to think about anything Negative!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I myself last week searched this topic, puzzled on why this always seemed to happen, and came across the term synchronicity. a reply to: JHumm

edit on 25-12-2014 by Jhugener because: The holidays

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

wow
Same thing girl i dated named susie , i was at a bsr & i looked at the doorway & i saw her giving ID to the doorman well this bar is on an army base so i knew she had never been there... i closed my eyes & blinked & she was gone , i hadnt drank anything yet lol so i shook it off
10 mins later SHE REALLY WAS THERE HANDING HER ID TO THE DOORMAN
i have a ton of stories involving her

new topics

top topics

join