It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYPD’s Cop Union: ‘We Have Become a Wartime Police Department’ after Two Officers Slain

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

This goes beyond free speech. No one has the right to advocate death this way. You can object all you like as long as it is within reasonable limits.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The citizens are doing this as a result of feeling hopeless with the way law enforcement steps all over them. Cops do brag about putting people in choke holds.

Both sides need to think about what they are doing. The rule of Mob mentality rarely is productive for anything. There is a major problem with the "Us vs Them" approach that law enforcement has been using for quite sometime now.

For a law enforcement officer to do their job, they have to have the respect and trust of the citizens they are supposed to serve and protect.

Maybe this is why the DHS has been stockpiling hollow point ammo......
edit on 22-12-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62

This goes beyond free speech. No one has the right to advocate death this way. You can object all you like as long as it is within reasonable limits.

That's true, but what I'm talking about is the NYPD turning their backs on the Mayor (That was sickening and disgusting by the cops...the mayor wasn't advocating death...get real.) and demanding apologies for the I can't breathe shirts that some celebrities or sports figures are wearing. Cops just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I'm having a hard believing that the "dead cops" thing wasn't an isolated incident, incited by provocateurs, to make all protesters against police brutality look like terrorists. I haven't heard that slogan anywhere else before today.

That being said, I hope that, at least those who led the chant were arrested for inciting lawlessness. Because calling for the death of anyone, cop or not, is illegal.

I also believe that the Police Commissioner, who blamed De Blasio for this, and Patrick Lynch, who declared war, should both be fired for threatening the people of New York. The true colors of police corruption are showing, big time.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Maybe this is why the DHS has been stockpiling hollow point ammo......

LEOs in this country have no idea whats waiting for them around the bend from the federal government.

They think they are needed and seen as equals. That is so naive I dont know how to address it in an intelligent manner.

They will realize too late in the game who is really "them and us". "The people" will cheer when they fall. It will be the end of our system of law.

Maybe it needs to fall. Maybe we need federal troops to police our country. A single command over law enforcement is a double edged sword for leadership in any event.

Its just a matter of time or for certain climates to surface among the populace.

edit on 12 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   

My post was in response to the video showing protesters yelling for the death of the police.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

What do you suppose would happen if the police disappeared? Anarchy, looting, murder, rape, and on and on.

What makes you think federal troops wouldn't fall prey to the same issues currently seen in regular law enforcement? What you're seeing is basic human behavior. It's not peculiar to police.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: suz62

Ummm...YAWN...If they all just...poof...vanished tomorrow then it wouldn't affect my life one tiny bit...

What you would see is a large number of former military...and those ..."oh so scary" militia step up to the plate and provide
security in those places where it was needed...Hell...even I would do that...

Then we would all proceed to vet, arm and train the rest of you anti-gun idiots so that you might actually grow a backbone...

When every stinking last one of you had and were provided the ability to see to your own security...then your security might be realistic and not resemble quite so much the old..."when seconds count the LEO's are only minutes away"...crap that you love to champion...

Get a grip and learn to provide for your own security...team up with your neighborhood and then provide for each other...I know...trust me i know...that would mean leaving your house and actually talking/networking with ...Oh my God..."strangers"...

So stop whining about falling skies....your starting to sound like chicken little

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

You are a fanatic. You are who I'm afraid of.

Incidentally, I'm a gun owner.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dieseldyk

If we followed "innocent until proven guilty" we wouldn't have pre-trial facilities and lock people up and demand they pay bail to be free until their trial.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Cops are deemed to be suffering a systematic problem. Then the federal government uses troops while a nation wide program is implemented to transfer peacetime troops from the military and various homeland security forces already available into the new corps.

Tell me that federal employees will bat an eye at any order given to them. I am not one of those "troops would shoot us" people. I am a "Troops will not give a damn how much local police bitch as they are replaced".

I dont think we will descend into anarchy., It will be a peaceful transition from a pacifist and comfortable population to just that with different structure to national law enforcement.

If you didnt notice there are only MORE PDs under federal investigation as time passes, not less. There is a case being built. I am telling you now. There is a reason to all the BS cops have to deal with. Its not out of spite or ego. Our leaders are many things but dumb is not one of them. LEOs are being encouraged to throw fuel on the fire while simultaneously castrating their ability to do their jobs. Allot more frustrated cops out there dont you think? Ever wonder why roid raging PDs with a dark history are the first ones to get military grade equipment and training over more reliable and balanced PDs?

Budget concerns and justifications aside as far as gear and training spending, cops are being given enough rope to hang themselves. Then the federal government steps in with the solution the masses will beg for. To humble cops and replace them with what ever is sold as the progressive ideal publicly.

Mark my words. Its not the people that should be worried about the political climate of DC. Law enforcement should be. Its still WAY too locally controlled nationwide for our current governments taste. That wouldnt ever change unless a crisis is made and solved with an all encompassing "correction".

I dont see them having a problem with filling uniforms in a pinch with the future generations of common core graduates looking for a federal job they can live a drone life off of.

You really think the entire police force of the US cant be replaced in 10 years without much of a problem as far as transition? Maybe less if they arent too picky about who they employ. How long did it take to make the monster that is "Homeland security"? That wasnt even publicly supported the way people would support a program nationally that they thought was addressing "out of control cops".

edit on 12 22 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ummm...Your afraid of me...because I caution you to provide for your own security and get to know your neighbors...?

Your the bibliophile......and I"M...the fanatic...?

WOW...I think you forgot to take all of your meds this morning...

So carry on with your bad self and keep fearing those that have no desire to be governed or policed and simply wish to be left in peace...

Also...you might want to turn in your guns to your local cop shop...cause they're probably not in the right hands if you regularly fear anonymous persons posting on an internet forum...Besides then should something inadvertently happen to you...you can just pick up the phone after the fact and wait out those precious tens of minutes that it takes your hero's to mosey on over...

OOh...scaarrry...a bad man said that if the cops all...poof...disappeared...then it might not mean instant armageddon...

Rapture me already...................Please...?

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

You insult and offend to make your point. You have zero credibility.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Your the bibliophile......and I"M...the fanatic...?

WOW...I think you forgot to take all of your meds this morning...

So carry on with your bad self and keep fearing those that have no desire to be governed or policed and simply wish to be left in peace...

Also...you might want to turn in your guns to your local cop shop...cause they're probably not in the right hands if you regularly fear anonymous persons posting on an internet forum...Besides then should something inadvertently happen to you...you can just pick up the phone after the fact and wait out those precious tens of minutes that it takes your hero's to mosey on over...

OOh...scaarrry...a bad man said that if the cops all...poof...disappeared...then it might not mean instant armageddon...

Rapture me already...................Please...?

YouSir

For your information, a "bibliophile" is someone who loves books IN GENERAL - not just the bible, as you seem to think. Look it up if you don't believe me.

www.merriam-webster.com...

All you achieve with your childish insults is to show off your ignorance.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

You're ridiculous. He is not a fanatic, you are being sensational. He is absolutely correct, if we lost the police, our militias and loyal military members would step up.

There is nothing fanatical about being responsible for your own defense and safety. I would gladly tram up with YouSir.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: th2356

Ummm...I know...that...

Why so uptight...?

Perhaps you failed to notice the

that I used to end my post with...It means lighten up...I'm not taking any of this seriously...

Suz62 asked what would happen if all LEO's disappeared...her premise was that the world would wax all "Mad Maxian"...

I simply disagreed and intimated that it might just be...other than...and that some of us would step up to the plate and help to keep things civil...

I read post after post after post of her's where she agreed that cop's having a war on the populace...was a...good...thing...

I tend to disagree with that sentiment...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

I never said it is a good thing.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

And I'm afraid of you with your fanatical worship of authority that has declared war on the taxpaying citizens; proven over and over with their taking over the role of judge, jury and executioner of innocent people or those perhaps charged of a misdemeanor.

Incidentally, I'm also a gun owner.
edit on 22-12-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I never said it is a good thing.

Ummm...K...

Somehow

This

Belies

your claim...

Your words...not mine...

YouSir

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Federal troops take over law enforcement? I think not. That is so, so wrong. In the first place there's posse comitatus, then there's the whole thing of enumerated powers, then there's the appalling thought of federal government control. It would be the worst thing imaginable.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join