It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony surrenders to terrorists...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WCmutant
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sony hacked by an American agency pretending to be North Korea. Yeah, there is something else Sony is afraid of if they have decided to withhold the movie.

Look for the men behind the curtain and who really benefits.

No way could Sony get the FBI and General Colin Powell to say the trouble was traced to North Korea just for a publicity stunt, unless they are smart enough to plant agents there capable of fooling the government! This sounds real.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
To people wanting it released free online, Mitt Romney agrees with you! washington.cbslocal.com...

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here is my formal petition to The White House!

petitions.whitehouse.gov...

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Please seriously consider inviting cast and crew of Sony's "The Interview" to premier it at the White House. Thanks!

Dear President Obama, Respectfully, please seriously consider inviting the cast and crew of Sony's "The Interview" to the White House to premier their film in your own theater. They are Seth Rogen, Writer/Director/Star, Evan Goldberg, Writer/Director, Dan Sterling, Writer, and James Franco, Star. The American people will appreciate this great gesture towards these cinematic talents, which will show solidarity for freedom of expression and public artistic access, and is preferable to any unpleasant response! This should be presented as a statement against censorship and terrorism and not as an endorsement of any message in or content of the film itself. Thank you for your consideration, for all the good you have done so far, and continue to strive to do.

Certain passages were added or reworded from my original draft as follows: "This should be presented as a statement against censorship and terrorism and not as an endorsement of any message in or content of the film itself." (Written to address any concerns of sending the wrong message!) "Thank you for your consideration, for all the good you have done so far, and continue to strive to do." (Worded that way because people may disagree as to the president's accomplishments but everyone can agree with this--win/win!)

Tagged with key words Terrorism, Censorship, Artistic Expression, Freedom of Thought, Public Civil Rights, Free Speech, American Integrity

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ten signatures so far on my Formal Petition to The White House! Only 99,990 to go before it receives serious review! COME ON, PEOPLE! WE CAN DO IT!!

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
I bet the insurance companies had a hand in the suppression.

You know, liabilities and what not.

Yeah they do.

As the theatres were refusing to show it over liability issues.

If something did happen. Its their snips.

So when people express outrage.

They need to express it equally at the theatre chains.
edit on 20-12-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Sony will probably end up selling off Sony Pictures after this debacle.

They are an unnecessary liability to the Brand Name.
They alienated every resource in the film making universe with the dirty emails.
They have a movie that cost lots of money produced that they cannot even show.
The people, actors directors etc who were hired to make the movie will probably sue down the line for damage to their careers.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
This is ridiculous, and I'm happy that Sony surrendered. For once Sony has done something smart.
The Interview should have never made it past script form. It was extremely irresponsible to let the movie be made. Especially acknowledging that N.Korea doesn't really like anyone.

If N.Korea made a movie that threatened one of our political people, we would be up in arms. Why is it only okay for us to be up in arms when something we don't like happens? Why can't other countries bitch and whine and complain and say that they don't like what is happening? The people here really need to grow up.

Added to that, if the movie was in theaters and N.Korea made well on their promise to attack the theaters showing it, who is really responsible for those attacks? We are. Because we allowed them to happen, when it was avoidable by not showing the movie. In a way, it's like the U.S. would be terrorists to their own people because they allowed it to happen.

I'm happy the movie was pulled. The lives of thousands is more important than a couple of amateur skilled actors making a couple million off of a movie that should have never been made to begin with.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lyxdeslic

Added to that, if the movie was in theaters and N.Korea made well on their promise to attack the theaters showing it, who is really responsible for those attacks?

North Korea, duh.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cambot

Added to that, if the movie was in theaters and N.Korea made well on their promise to attack the theaters showing it, who is really responsible for those attacks?

North Korea, duh.

Uh no. Because it could have been avoided by pulling the movie from theaters. It's that simple. America is not the big dog anymore. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things that don't matter to avoid things that shouldn't happen.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

North Korea, duh.

Uh no. Because it could have been avoided by pulling the movie from theaters. It's that simple. America is not the big dog anymore. Sometimes you have to sacrifice things that don't matter to avoid things that shouldn't happen.

Uh yes. if someone Threatens someone else then carries out that threat, it's the sole responsibility of the person who made and followed through with the threat. Period. We don't arrest rape or murder victims because we it might have been avoided, we try to find the people who are actually at fault.

In this case, if NK followed through, it would be solely their fault. Movies are movies are movies, I don't care that one less is being released... But going so far as to say America would be at fault and to label it a terrorist country (were talking a movie here, other reasons are a completely different topic) over over a movie made by a company they don't control is ludicrous.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

North Korea, duh.

Uh yes. if someone Threatens someone else then carries out that threat, it's the sole responsibility of the person who made and followed through with the threat. Period. We don't arrest rape or murder victims because we it might have been avoided, we try to find the people who are actually at fault.

In this case, if NK followed through, it would be solely their fault. Movies are movies are movies, I don't care that one less is being released... But going so far as to say America would be at fault and to label it a terrorist country (were talking a movie here, other reasons are a completely different topic) over over a movie made by a company they don't control is ludicrous.

Okay. Then when your family or friends go to see the movie and the theater gets attacked, do not bitch about what the government SHOULD have done. Do not whine about how heartbroken you are. Do not ask "Oh why wasn't the movie cancelled?" Grow up. Sacrificing a movie for the greater good is not the end of the world. It's saving lives, and preventing a possible attack. It's avoiding a possible war. If you can't see that, either you're really, really selfish. Or blind.
edit on 20-12-2014 by Lyxdeslic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

You’re a voice crying in the wilderness of macho man ethnocentric attachment

You’re a reasonable voice amongst the offended and manipulated

It makes me wonder whether this was concocted BY THE NSA to start something

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Who knows. This country is built on lies, concocted propaganda, and manipulation.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

sony is a japanese company right? so what if the movie was made in america, shirley n korea should b crying at japan if any of this holds any truth? kim cant even keep the lights on for 24 hours without a failure, sounds like more american fearmongering to me, 1 thing i dont understand, n korea openly threatens usa with nuclear attack , yet iran cant even get started, whats that all about 1 rule for 1 dictator and another rule for iran? seems like a legit way to do business across the world. especially when its the beacon of freedom and liberty! doesnt negotiate with terrorists...oh so thats why they swapped 5 gitmo detainees in place of 1 american? seems legit also, i dont take anything seriously that comes from america telling me who to be scared of, no muslim has ever caused me any harm but the way america goes on about it u would think there is terrorists in every 2nd house, its unreal what people will believe these days

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: muckleduck

sony is a japanese company right? so what if the movie was made in america, shirley n korea should b crying at japan if any of this holds any truth? kim cant even keep the lights on for 24 hours without a failure, sounds like more american fearmongering to me, 1 thing i dont understand, n korea openly threatens usa with nuclear attack , yet iran cant even get started, whats that all about 1 rule for 1 dictator and another rule for iran? seems like a legit way to do business across the world. especially when its the beacon of freedom and liberty! doesnt negotiate with terrorists...oh so thats why they swapped 5 gitmo detainees in place of 1 american? seems legit also, i dont take anything seriously that comes from america telling me who to be scared of, no muslim has ever caused me any harm but the way america goes on about it u would think there is terrorists in every 2nd house, its unreal what people will believe these days

Yes Sony is a Japanese company, but the movie was made in America and it was given the okay to move foreword by American Sony representatives. I understand why Korea is upset with America and with Sony. I personally think they have every right to be, because America would be just as pissed if it was a movie about one of our political officials. The U.S has negotiated with terrorists for years upon years. Don't let anyone fool you.
I base people off of who they are, not what I am told they are.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

i know but shirley the final word must come from japan on what is given the all clear to be produced?

i can understand why kim is pissed off, i just cant see why they would even release the info unless its to make people think that n korea is a legit threat and needs to be "liberated" at some point.

just a conclusion ive come to after the stream of bs from the media since i was old enough to understand properly how the world around me works.

the bbc had 100% bias to the no vote on scottish independance, the government bribed big companies to say theyd leave scotland if we went independant, tried sayin our oil would run out etc, after the no vote on of the biggest oil fields was discovered off the coast, not only that the powers scottish government would be granted were scrapped as soon as the "votes" were in and i quote that because the ballots werent even official, many vids of tampering going on.

putin stepped in and told it like it was, it should of been overseen by international observers but wasnt, and we try to tell putin that the crimea vote was bs? id rather have putin in power than these ponces in western government who have never had a hard day in their life.

if we really stand by what our governments tell us then why dotn we just bomb all dictatorships till they are gone then theres no more problems right? no because they need us to fear these people to impose laws that take away everything from us in the end.
edit on 20-12-2014 by muckleduck because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
As of December 19 we have 30 days to get 100,000 signatures in order for The Interview petition to be reviewed by the White House. Until the petition has 150 signatures, it will only be available from the URL given in my post above, and will not be publicly viewable on the Open Petitions section of We the People. As of December 20 at 3:00 p.m., we have 12 signatures. Only 99,988 more to go! LET'S GIVE IT UP FOR THE GREATEST MOVIE NEVER SEEN!! Please share to all your family and friends, including internet friends!

I hit the floor, laughing myself silly at Internet Movie Database. On Thursday night The Interview had a 9.9 rating in a 10-point system (way better than most released movies!) with around 3,000 votes. By early afternoon Friday, it was a 10 point rating with around 8,000 votes. By Friday evening it was a 10 point rating with over 10,000 votes--for a movie no one except a few reviewers have ever seen! As of 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 20, The Interview is rated 10 on IMDb from 17,331 users! If they get 25,000 votes it makes the Top 250!

The Interview can also be rated "Want to See" at www.rottentomatoes.com... where it has a 96% "Want to See" rating, and can be rated 1-5 in a 5-star system.

I won't quite stoop to rating a movie I haven't seen...yet...(except one, more on which below), but if they get really close to the 25,000 I may make an exception!

The one movie I rated which I hadn't seen was Megalodon: The Monster Shark Lives. Brought to you by the same people who did Mermaids: The Body Found and The Devil's Graveyards, which was aired as Vile Vortices Revealed but is listed at Internet Movie Database as The Bermuda Triangle Revealed. Those two, I also didn't see all of, but I saw quite enough! All fake documentaries which deserve all the abuse they can get--can't stand them! Anyhow, I rated them all one star and if enough people will rate them the same, we can beat Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas as lowest rated movie of all time--as of 3:00 p.m. on December 20 it is at 1.5 on IMDb from 6,134 users.

I'm interested to see which comes out lowest! These, however, are just for fun. The Interview petition is the important item! Thanks to everybody for your help and support!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

A lot of people wondered whether this could be just a publicity stunt by Sony but it CAN'T--the ONLY way Sony could have pulled it off is to basically hire hackers from North Korea, because the FBI said that certain codes in these attacks had been used in other hacks proven to have originated from North Korea and no way would the FBI be mistaken or lying on Sony's behalf. (Unless there is a real conspiracy theory--someone high up wants a war badly enough to risk pulling such a stunt and they are all in on it--doubtful but not beyond the realm of possibility!) Sony is running scared not just because of the theater violence threats--there is some kind of blackmail going on--the hackers have something terrible on them they are threatening to release! Can't prove, but signs point to it. This could either make or break Sony!

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Here is a shortened link to the petition: wh.gov...

Anyone who signs it, it is necessary to confirm your email address for your signature to show, thanks!

posted on Dec, 23 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
North Korea's entire internet was out most or all day. The Americans were suspected in some quarters, but I totally suspect them of blocking it to keep their own citizens from hearing anything from the outside world! If they can make the Americans look guilty at the same time, all the better!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join