It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony surrenders to terrorists...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Can't believe people are upset by this.

It's been a publicity stunt since the beginning.

& you can't actually be serious enough in your convictions that a film should take precedent over a terror threat.
No ones balls are that big, no matter how highly you think of yourself.

I miss the bygone era of Americans actually possessing testicular fortitude.

You Americans can sleep comfortably knowing your testicles are huge...

It's the decision of a Japanese conglomerate, not the States.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
But I agree entirely though. They should have not caved to these folks. It sets a very bad precedent. And if the reports about NK being involved are true, they are most certainly not the isolated place we think they are.

I think the internet is going to be a wildly more interesting place a year from now.

~Tenth

Not just the internet. Imagine the potential for this precident. Threats against Super Bowls, threats against news articles, threats against book releases, and even threats against general public events may now result in cancelations or reschedulings. That's something the USA simply has never done before now.

On a sidenote, if I'm Roger Goodell and the National Football League, I'm sweating bullets right now. A hack of their system would potentially uncover some massive news stories involving everything from PEDs and the Ray Rice case to knowledge of game fixing and mafia sport book collusion (these are all issues that have been rumored, so I'm just taking rumor mill concerns for this list.) Now throw in a disruption of games due to threats of mass violence and you've got a multi-billion dollar industry going down the drain just like that.

Frankly, if I ran a business today, I'd go entirely old-school on everything... no computer invoicing, no email, no computerized human resources. Networked computers are going to be the death of us all. (says the moderator posting on the internet's largest conspiracy website. the irony isn't lost on me.
)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
It's the decision of a Japanese conglomerate, not the States.

Sony Pictures is American operated. It is a subsidiary of Sony Japan, but the marching orders come from their California headquarters, not from Tokyo.

I sincerely douby Tokyo had anything to do with this, especially considering Japan would LOVE an excuse to bomb North Korea into the ocean.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thanks for enlightening me, pal.

I stand by everything else I said.

Peoples lives were potentionally on the line.

If people had the knowledge that Guardians Of Peace were full of it then there is a way around it...
But we don't have the luxury of knowing what a brand new group of potential terrorists are prepared to do.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   

It's pretty messed up.

Also messed up is a film that portrays an assassination on a sitting foreign leader.

Sure, he probably deserves to be deposed, but that's messed up.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Maybe the world has been saved from another crappy movie.

Wonder if a write off of the cost of the movie due to terrorism is allowed.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
In the movies these Hollywood types play fearless and powerful people. In real life, looks like not so much of that is found.

edit:

Wonder how many are hiding under their beds at this time.
edit on 12/17/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Sony was put in a no win situation by the terrorist hackers.

Imagine if an attack did take place? The blow back and lawsuits would be insurmountable for an already severely crippled movie studio.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
Sony was put in a no win situation by the terrorist hackers.

Imagine if an attack did take place? The blow back and lawsuits would be insurmountable for an already severely crippled movie studio.

That would mean that now, if some one threatens a company, it is then responsible for any acts mentioned in the threat. Seems a bit unreasonable.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Where were the North Koreans when Olympus Has Fallen came out?
Seems a bit hypocritical to throw tantrums when NKs leaders are fictionally threatened...but not when NKs fictional super-villains are fictionally ravaging the capital of another nation.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Theaters have opened up a slot to slip the team America movie in for a xmas day only viewing or something. That may cause some problems yet make a point at the same time. Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So I guess it'll be released direct to Netflix? Maybe released in a torrent?

I say the rest of the world just sticks it to NK and calls their bluff...over a movie.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sparkymedic
So I guess it'll be released direct to Netflix? Maybe released in a torrent?

I say the rest of the world just sticks it to NK and calls their bluff...over a movie.

It's not that simple, the hackers were able to bring a major movie studio company with hundreds of millions of dollars in profit to it's knees.

What makes you think that NetFlix or other streaming company wouldn't get hacked as well?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I am going with Sony over reacting because of previous experience with the gaming site. Did Sony actually detail what these 'hackers' did to their sites to cause them to be wary or is it just paranoia. Also hackers are now capable of destroying buildings, etc.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A foreign power is attacking interests in the US.
In reality this is an act of war.
N Korea has been named by the FBI already and China implicated.

Hollywood should release the movie for free onto the internet to shove the good ole American Middle finger in lil Kim's face, and announce a sequel.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

I read the script on pastebin and it is a conspiracy theorists wet dream!

The interview is a conspiracy theorists wet dream? Or are you talking about another movie?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Hollywood should release the movie for free onto the internet to shove the good ole American Middle finger in lil Kim's face, and announce a sequel.

Whoa easy there, The American MIddle finger is controlled by corporate America. Despite what happens no Corporate lobbyist group is going to flick that finger if it hurts their bottom line, Hollywood would never endorse FREE and internet download .

Besides that, thinking about it can you imagine the can of worms that would open. Every kiddie scripter out there would target all the major distributors in hopes of releasing free movies,music, and games online.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Besides that, thinking about it can you imagine the can of worms that would open. Every kiddie scripter out there would target all the major distributors in hopes of releasing free movies,music, and games online

A little late to stop that now. It has already worked. Wonder if hackers now become high level terrorists to the US government. Here come the drone strikes...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Yeah, but who would be held responsible if they went ahead and various theatres were simultaneously attacked?

The attacker of course. It would be silly to point the finger at Sony. They are innoscent and have done nothing wrong.

Edit: I see dark times ahead.

With the Feminazi petition removing a product from stores, and now a hacker threat removing a movie from theaters... Now people will see that they can easily manipulate and control companies.

I wonder what will be next...

Edit 2:
If North Korea were the hackers... all they did was bring more hype and fame to the movie. More hype = more views and more $ for Sony.

edit on 17-12-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by Kuroodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
"American sniper" comes out the same day.. Haven't heard so much as a peep about that one yet, didn't even know it came out on Xmas until today..

whole thing really smells, how many more people are going to go see this now after all this hype?

It feel like the same strategy DISNEY used with the "insane clown posse" ICP started on Disney's label island.. And island "kicked them off" because they were too hardcore.... Well after over 9000 news stories all around the country ICP was the most well known "unsigned" band ever to live... They may not punch in at Disney every day but you better believe that through contracts and side pay offs Disney still makes tons of money on ICP. Besmirching them gave them all the street credit they needed to win the hearts and minds of every whiskey tango Newport smokin mofo from Detroit to Omaha..

Same tactics here? How much underground comedy cred does this movie earn when Sony pulls it for being "too offensive"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join