It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sony surrenders to terrorists...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Hollywood should release the movie for free onto the internet to shove the good ole American Middle finger in lil Kim's face, and announce a sequel.

Whoa easy there, The American MIddle finger is controlled by corporate America. Despite what happens no Corporate lobbyist group is going to flick that finger if it hurts their bottom line, Hollywood would never endorse FREE and internet download .

Besides that, thinking about it can you imagine the can of worms that would open. Every kiddie scripter out there would target all the major distributors in hopes of releasing free movies,music, and games online.

No, because their name brand would go through the roof in popularity, Sony is into a lot more merchandise than movies.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sony hacked by an American agency pretending to be North Korea. Yeah, there is something else Sony is afraid of if they have decided to withhold the movie.

Look for the men behind the curtain and who really benefits.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Imagine how scared they must be though?

Do you honestly believe that Sony wasn't able to, or would not hire the best IT in the world to assist in preventing any sort of future problems?

I'm sure they did and for some reason they are either afraid of further damage, or have lost something they don't want us to know about.

I don't think we've seen the worst of the leaks yet. There's something very interesting buried deep in that data they have I'm sure.

But I agree entirely though. They should have not caved to these folks. It sets a very bad precedent. And if the reports about NK being involved are true, they are most certainly not the isolated place we think they are.

I think the internet is going to be a wildly more interesting place a year from now.

~Tenth

This right here is what I am talking about!

We can only imagine what the hackers discovered upon stealing all of this information. IMHO some dark dirty secrets connecting some potentially powerful people in Hollywood are no being used to blackmail far more than some movies release.

It will not surprise me in the least if in the future we hear of some arrests coming from the exec's over there at Sony!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
I wonder what would happen if someone wanted to release a movie about someone assassinating Barack Obama?

Um it would break the box office.

you can always western leaders.

its the in thing to do.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

I wonder what would happen if someone wanted to release a movie about someone assassinating Barack Obama?

Um it would break the box office.

you can always hate western leaders.

its the in thing to do.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

If any such movie were allowed to be released, someone would make a try at him for sure or at whoever was in office at the time. Look what happened to Ronald Reagan after Taxi Driver, a film which didn't even mention him by name. When it was reported on the news as the reason for the assassination attempt, the first thing my mom said was, "They shouldn't let stuff like that get out!" Also, the video game JFK Reloaded was very controversial but I am not sure whether it was actually banned.

That being said, setting a precedent for foreign dictatorships to determine what Americans watch is very bad--it is letting the terrorists win!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Its a Seth Rogan Comedy. Its all in jest and good fun. That dude is funny and hes a great actor. I see no reason to get butt hurt over it.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Who cares! It was a propaganda film anyway. First they lampoon him the they demonize him just like Gaddafi. More of interest to me is the way Sony treat artists signed to their label. Remember Prince and his Slave protest, George Michael. Parasites making billions off of the talent of real artists. Can't stand them!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
THIS! www.express.co.uk... Come on, Sony!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I think you are on the nose with what else did they loose? Surely a film about kim whoever in north korea is actually nothing to many of the entertainment world's fans. In fact there are probably a large number of people who are not into this particular genre and wouldn't be going to see it anyway, along with the usual biblical done-to-deaths except for the special effects films that keep making the rounds.

What gets me though is the use of the world 'Terrorism'. They didn't actually terrify anyone - unless it was the executives of sony with something to hide.

The film was about their governmental head and image if something derogatory about netanyahoo was about to be released, what would the scenario be then - probably exactly the same except we wouldn'[t use the world terrorists about the hackers. So I think we are being a little too into that world and we should reserve it for the real terrorists who incite terror and other dreadful crimes. If you dilute that word to anything a government doesn't like, then you could use it for a lot of things the usa and uk governments (along with their allies) get up to when meddling in other countries and it wouldn't do for any of these country's to suddenly find themselves under the lime-light of being terrorist country's.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
So hackers are terrorists are they because the last time i looked the Stuntnet, Flame virus was put out by the USA/Israel but we alreayd know these are terrorists states.

Yeah what should we now call people that blow themselves up to take lives now hackers have taken the old name.

Kicking Sony in the face for its propaganda work sounds like fair play to me but is it "an act of war" just like imposing sanctions of Russia was or does that only work if the US state department says it is.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Yes. I won't give away the plot but if you want to know pm me.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
Yeah, but who would be held responsible if they went ahead and various theatres were simultaneously attacked?

By who? Think about this. In order for Sony to be hacked it has to be done by people who spend almost every waking hour battering away on a keyboard. Whereas an actual attack on a theatre would have to be done by people who like to run around with guns and knives.

These are two entirely different groups of people that would be required to coordinate an attack. Given that the "gun group" will more than likely consist of a high number of illiterate computer users (ie they can email, text, open a spreadhseet....full stop !) then it is exceedingly likely any info regarding a joint operation would leak out....big time.

This is Sony panicking because it has cr.p security on it's systems and fears loss of data. The theatres are panicking because they are located in the US and the US sure does hit the panic button quick.......look at Ebola !!! sheeeesh.

The way to get back at the hackers is simply to release the film on the net free of charge. The number of people who would watch it will be far far greater than those who would have seen it at the movies had the a.hole hackers kept their mouths shut !!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorneblood

Interesting, but I'm sure its in the typical Slapstick Hollywood conspiracy humor kind of way that makes it seem implausible in all reality to ever occur . Especially being a Seth Rogen comedy.

So I doubt that anything of conspiracy value will have any focus, but I will see if I find anything in regards to the script. If you have time I would appreciate your take on it.

thanks

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
SONY Pictures has exhibited some serious gutlessness. They've set a terrible precedent, period. That being said, there's no telling how long NK was deep in their personal emails, bank accounts via direct deposits, SSNs, and so on. This goes for employees, executives and the actors and actresses who are on their payroll, too.

The hackers already released embarrassing (and hilarious) comments made by the hypocritical, racist, far-Left democrat executives at Sony, about Obama. There is no doubt that this was just a "shot across the bow". NK probably has thousands of nastier, even shadier emails, as well as copies of all of their movies that are yet to be released. In short, they've got Sony by the short hairs.

Regardless of what Sony does or doesn't do, the USA should take them down via cyber attack. Period. The response should be so overwhelming that they are utterly dismantled as a nation and sent back to the Middle Ages. Otherwise, the next attack will be even worse.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
So after seeing Sony's gutless response to this i decided too make my own decisions in regards to Sony. I unsubscribed from Sony online, had an account there since it was called the station, over ten years. There are a couple of Sony products under the tree that will be returned and spent on a competitors product. I do sell a couple of Sony products that i intend to steer interested customers to other brands in my job. And just as i have enough wiggle room in the budget to afford a new console, Sony's capitulation to terrorists on this issue take the PS4 i was wanting off the table.

I don't expect anyone,especially those with kids, to take the same actions i have, but I can't in good conscience spend the amount of money on products with a Sony logo on them after they've given in on something like this.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jefwane

Sony (SOE) has a bad name in general. The entire company does and has for years. Gamers tend to stay away from their gaming products too. Especially after that massive hack a few years back. So this entire thing is just another black eye to the company among a long list of black eyes.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

I wonder if this is because

1. They have something really juicy they don't want to be released?

2. The movie probably sucks so bad that they don't wan't it released and they are using this as a way out?

3. Sony is or helped in orchestrating the hack to promote hype and generate a demand for a crappy movie [Gorilla marketing]?

If its really NK hackers Sony should release the film via torrents so EVERYONE will have a copy and can see it.

Either way this is sad all around!

All are possible. I am suspecting #1, blackmail!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6Not just the internet. Imagine the potential for this precident. Threats against Super Bowls, threats against news articles, threats against book releases, and even threats against general public events may now result in cancelations or reschedulings. That's something the USA simply has never done before now.

Plus if they can hack into huge information systems they can just distribute fake news stories, as if knowing what to believe is not bad enough now.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
I am going with Sony over reacting because of previous experience with the gaming site. Did Sony actually detail what these 'hackers' did to their sites to cause them to be wary or is it just paranoia. Also hackers are now capable of destroying buildings, etc.

I would suspect they don't want the details known of everything that was done due to damage control, so as not to encourage other offenders.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join