It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS Recover With Your Contribution

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I can't use the PayPal function for some reason. It says I've payed, but then asks me to login or sign up to pay. Anyway of paying a bank transfer or bit coin. That's pretty much the only way I know how to pay over the web.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Springer

I wanted to ask you guys if you feel this is an organized attack? AD Revenue company issues.....Wikipedia not having an ATS page.......Denial of service attacks.......I tend to look for conspiracies in everything so maybe I am just being paranoid. It does seem a little bit strange.

Hopefully everything works out.
edit on 19-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
A donation is heading your way, I promise, just after pay-day on Hogmanay (sorry).
Could you just leave the banner up and then we could donate a few times, or are you just having it for a limited time?

I don't like to think of ATS struggling, I would miss every single one of you so much if it ATS was to go. I've never once been asked to clear out my image files, delete old threads or messages to make more server space so yes, I owe you ATS!

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
You know friends, I was thinking about this ATS recovery. I noticed that my funds are a little short with Christmas and everything this year. Sometimes the biggest gift you could give to ATS is not money (although it certainly helps).

What I've done to try to help ATS since I joined is that I tell people about it. Lots of people. Some of my friends get into it more than others, but most do not as much as me. Still if you only tell one person that tells 10 other people, word of mouth can be the best gift to give ATS.

I still will be telling people about it, and when I have enough money, I will donate. Just wanted to throw that in there. The more people that visit the web site, the better it will do. That's with any web site. Higher Alexa ratings, etc.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: beansidhe

I certainly hope they leave the donation window open for at least another 2 months. I would like to save up enough that I could make a good size contribution.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I'm actually disappointed at the small number of people who have contributed, last update we had. Fifty-three? After two threads of much talking?

Kinda reminds me of that saying "You talk a good game, but I want to see you BAT."

However, I'm thinking too it's the holidays. Then January there are bills to pay, so it might be later in the new year before peeps feel they can comfortably afford it. Seems we have a lot of students on here, and of course, students are famous for being poor.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

I think Skeptic said it was somewhere around 94 (?)
at his last post.

Still low, but better than nothing.
I'm just glad people love the site enough to help out!

With the flag count at over 100, I am kind of using that as a guage as to how many donations or soon to be donations there are. Seems to be following the flag count too.

edit on 19-12-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Oh, better! Thanks for the update.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Daedalus

We've passed up on several direct-buy campaigns (big advertisers paying to run specifically on ATS) because they wanted certain topics removed or suppressed.

I didn't realize it was that insidious.....how many members here, have complained about government censorship, while the real threat is coming from large corporations.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
a reply to: Daedalus

We've passed up on several direct-buy campaigns (big advertisers paying to run specifically on ATS) because they wanted certain topics removed or suppressed.

I didn't realize it was that insidious.....how many members here, have complained about government censorship, while the real threat is coming from large corporations.

to a certain degree, they are synonymous.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Just curious, is there any indication of where or why these hack attacks are happening to ATS?
Did someone upset North Korea or something?

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I agree that it is not the best time to ask for donations.

I intend to donate but I have to put the family first, I expect there will be a big boost in the new year.

Also what if there have been 94 donations of $1000? Target smashed!

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

edit on 1220141233pAmerica/Chicago2014-12-19T10:05:33-06:0005f05 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
ATS has too many video ads loading all the time, I look at my data use and ATS is constantly loading ads which I find annoying.
ATS should streamline and reduce overheads and have less ads. A few here and there is OK but it is getting to the point where there are too many ads. My 2c.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I too didn't post much until lately and still really don't. But like others have said ATS has educated me and helped me look at the world with much more wisdom than when I officially joined 10 years ago (I was a browser/lurker for several years before that). I also would gladly pay up to $10 a month for ATS as much as I am on it. Hell I still pay 15.99 a month for an online game I haven't been able to play in over a year because my internet is too slow atm and I am loathe to upgrade already crappy satellite lol.

Anyway, keep up the good work and my official search engine is now duckduckgo lol. Screw Google. Nine times out of 10 I end up using Amazon or a company site directly to buy stuff and this site for finding news and information anyway heh.

Your transaction ID for this payment is: 131510869L573214D.

Lil

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
ATS has too many video ads loading all the time, I look at my data use and ATS is constantly loading ads which I find annoying.

Are you on a mobile device? There should be no high-bandwidth ads on the mobile web version of ATS.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   

edit on 19-12-2014 by zazzafrazz because: sent as pm instead of post

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

On PC like the bigger screen. Other forum type sites I look at seem to have less ads and a cleaner look with more members and visitors. My guess is ATS has costs and overheads too high for it's member and visitor numbers. It's a good site but maybe is trying to do too much and should go back to basics.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

We're much larger, with significantly more daily traffic, than most forums.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: brookster18

Thank you for your insightful reply, I really appreciated it.

I have gotten to know a little bit about some of the regulars here, who like me reside on ATS regularly.

Many are housebound or nearly housebound for various reasons. You are right, people are not just at home here because of social withdrawal, but because due to circumstances beyond their control have many social outlets closed to them.

Also, there are many whose interests aren't socially acceptable in many places. For instance, I love talking politics, controversial ideas, and current events. At social gatherings here it is impolite to talk politics or controversial ideas. While I love my friends and love getting together with them, I still have a great need to explore ideas and stretch my brain. Stretching my brain is something I MUST do daily and my regular social outlets don't do that for me.

I am an older woman and most of my friends are dear, loving, kind but entrenched in social graces. My father died of early onset alzheimers and I find it imperative to keep my brain as active as possible. ATS and the ATS regulars have helped me keep my brain alive and alert where my dear dear friends have not been able to.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

It may have been answered, but do you have any plans to give a visual display of how close you are to a "goal" with this drive?

You may get the tight wads to donate if they see the goal is close to being met.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join