It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies aren't real--we're just making it up so we have someone to blame for everything

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

ehehe i get your point.
But hear me out:
On this site, 97% of the times, what people do is just jump on the fear bandwagon and go for a ride.
The motto of the site is Deny ignorance.
But when you see the Mayan apocalypse posts, the ebola epidemic, hologram plains hitting the twin towers and so many other examples...what is that if not PROMOTING ignorance?
it's important to question things, of course, that's why i like this website, the normal people here ask serious questions, they want to peek behind the curtains, but when you have hundreds of people screaming epidemic after 5 ebola cases...what is that? how does it help? it makes us as a community look worse.
Conspiracies exist, yes. But not everything is one, and when an idea is stupid (like that mayan crap) we should ignore it, move along and focus on things that are more tangible.
If not we are nothing more than delusional, we are stupid. And of no help at all.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

We need more people like you on this website.
Find a middle ground for logic, reason.
I already posted a more complete answer to someone else, you can probably find it, the short version is: strange stuff happens. but if we want to be educated and empowered, we need to absolutely ignore the BS and not entertain it the thought, because it makes us lose focus, and credibility. Personally i would have shut down those moronic ebola posts after a few days, when it was CLEAR there was no real danger, and move on to something else.

It's just frustrating. A middle ground, where logic and investigation meet, is warranted. And often, it's those who say "The cias are stealing my thoughts, and also 911 was a hoax" are the most vocal. Leaving it all in an absurd state.

Could not have said it better.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Ohhh ok, well since this guy said it, then it must be true. That's a wrap, nothing to see here, you're all crazy for believing in such tripe /end thread. Shut down ATS, no need to come here if conspiracy theories are all BS.

Give me a break.. has this guy even researched any of the topics he has listed? I agree that some theories are just outright ridiculous, but he is trying to downplay ALL conspiracies, even if they could actually be true.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I think conspiracy theorists are their own biggest hurdle. I left this site for a good long while because of the lengths some people were willing to go to be "right" about a certain event. It disgusted me and sickened me, I couldn't deal with it any more, so I left.

I'm all for filling in the blanks and finding the truth, but I'm not willing to take 3 mile leaps to do so. I'm not willing to ignore six proverbial "dots" just so I can connect two "dots" and posit a theory. I don't see why we have to jump on the first wave of information after/during an event and then use that as some sort of divine measuring stick that we compare everything else to and then scream about discrepancies between a tweet from a reporter 6 minutes in to an event and something on page 237 of the investigation 2 months later.

We need to deny ignorance. But we can't deny logic in that pursuit. I don't mean logic as in accepting MSM as gospel, or blindly accepting stories that have holes big enough to drive trucks through. I mean good old fashioned plain logic

edit on 17-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: not enough coffee so I can't type and require massive editing

edit on 17-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: found more typos. It's almost embarrassing

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Consciousness creates reality so therefore everything is made up.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse
a reply to: sn0rch

I tend to agree with the essence of what each of you is saying. However, we would do well to remember, most every "conspiracy theory" has little or no evidence, and is utter nonsense, until the day it becomes a conspiracy without the theory after it.

(Taken from a quote by Ben Franklin)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I agree.
But Ebola? Bigfoot? the mayan profecy? holograms hitting the twin towers? lizard people?sandy hook? all the WW3 happening next week posts?
do we really ned to scrutinize that junk?
There is no sense in that. we drown under pontless paperwork that we ourselves create.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
“It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

I think a true skeptic is one who questions all information, however likely or unlikely so as to make an informed judgement for him/herself. An example is in order...

If I were to create a thread saying, "Doctors are sterilizing minority women in the thousands without their knowledge, and against their will" would you say I was crazy? Ask for evidence?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think it's odd that here on ATS, a conspiracy website , people are often ostracised for believing in conspiracies. You have to wonder who these people are that are doing the ostracising, and what attracted them to a conspiracy website in the first place. Hmmm...

Then you have the 'Breaking Alternative News' forum which is mainly people parroting MSM and ostracising people for not believing the BS. There is nothing alternative about MSM. Again, hmmm....
edit on 17 12 14 by SensiblyReckless because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Funny enough, the irritating guy in the video talks and sounds like Professor David Keith, and he is the man who wanted to, and has sprayed aerosol in the atmosphere to combat Global warming.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don`t think there are as many conspiracies going on as some people like to believe.To say that there are no conspiracies would be unrealistic but seeing a conspiracy in almost everything is unrealistic too.

I once saw an Osprey dive down out of the sky and grab a fish up out of the water,it fly up into the top of a tree and starting eating the fish.
now, this was a BIG fish it was at least as long as the osprey was,if I didn``t see it with my own eyes I wouldn`t have believed it.
how could it even see that fish from up in the sky?
how could it dive down and grab that moving fish out of the water?
how could it even lift that big squirming, flopping fish out of the water and carry it to the top of a tree?

surely it wasn`t a real bird, it had to be a government drone,right? it must have been a drone fish too.

a lot of amazing unbelieveable stuff happens all around us everyday but that doesn`t mean there is some kind of conspiracy involved.it`s a pretty amazing planet and world in which we live.
just because it is unlikely that something could happen doesn`t mean there is a conspiracy involved when it does happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I don't conspire your ideas on this. because it's a conspiracy. And I don't thrust conspiracies. .lol

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
Ya know what makes me err on the side of skeptic rather than conspiracist?

The way it becomes all or nothing. I've NEVER said 911 was "nothing to see here, move along" but I in no god damned way will entertain holographic planes, or space lasers or any of the other completely absurd things that are brought into the debate, and nor will I believe that the rich twats at the grove are sacrificing babies. I believe they are a cultish lot, entwined in a lot of oogabooga, and may like to touch each others doodles, maybe. but the rest, in my opinion, is made up twaddle, by people with idle minds and too much time on their hands, and a need to save humanity from the oppression that is people in power.

I believe in alien life. I believe we have things we cannot explain happening around us. I do not believe it is pasty white friggen aliens from a galaxy far far away, with pitch black pupils who pretend to one of us.

I do not believe for one second any of the 'propaganda' that is reiterated about contrails. The science alone proves these things, and suddenly, it goes from a secret agenda to wipe out the planet (well done, working well, increased a billion so far since it started..) to "day are manipulaterering da wethers.. so chemtrails !!!!" and GO TO HADES.

it's frustrating to have an honest desire to know the truth and be yet always confounded by illiterate imbeciles who point their finger at the moon and yell "HOLOGRAM!!!"

So... yeah, rant...

-- edited to fix rushed typos.

It often isn't the basic conspiracy theories (ie. there's something not quite right about the official story we're being given) that are nuts, it's the nuts who latch onto them and turn them into something embarrassingly absurd. Some of the nuts are probably plants but there are plenty of home-grown nuts out there already. Have you ever tried to talk with people who have a serious interest in UFOs? It's rare to find one who isn't a nutball. I suspect most of the sane people have been driven away. There seems to be a lack of people who can reason critically and that's exactly what is needed when it comes to conspiracy theories.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
“It is the mark of an educated man to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

I think a true skeptic is one who questions all information, however likely or unlikely so as to make an informed judgement for him/herself. An example is in order...

If I were to create a thread saying, "Doctors are sterilizing minority women in the thousands without their knowledge, and against their will" would you say I was crazy? Ask for evidence?

I'd ask for evidence and promptly be called crazy by people who don't seem to require any.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
Of course you would. As any good skeptic should. Although I made that one up for the example, I took it from a real conspiracy...
US Government's Role In Sterilizing...
Note this was a quick google. There are better, and more legitimate sources. The American government has publicly apologized for its role in the program.

There was no solid evidence leading to proof for this program. Utter nonsense. Ridiculous. The American government would never be involved in such a thing. You could never keep something like that secret long enough to sterilize 1000's of women... But they were involved. Entrenched actually.

Therein lies my point. Just because something is unbelievable, and over the top, doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken into consideration. The skeptic should be looking for the truth, whatever it is. Not looking to confirm his/her bias.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: Tangerine
Of course you would. As any good skeptic should. Although I made that one up for the example, I took it from a real conspiracy...
US Government's Role In Sterilizing...
Note this was a quick google. There are better, and more legitimate sources. The American government has publicly apologized for its role in the program.

There was no solid evidence leading to proof for this program. Utter nonsense. Ridiculous. The American government would never be involved in such a thing. You could never keep something like that secret long enough to sterilize 1000's of women... But they were involved. Entrenched actually.

Therein lies my point. Just because something is unbelievable, and over the top, doesn't mean it shouldn't be taken into consideration. The skeptic should be looking for the truth, whatever it is. Not looking to confirm his/her bias.

Oh, I agree. Follow the evidence wherever it leads. I just get sick of people who think belief is a substitute for evidence. Belief is fine to get someone fired up enough to search for evidence but the True Believers who care not a jot for evidence scream "debunker!" at anyone who asks for some.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It's easy to say All Conspiracy Theories are nonsense when you group them all together like he's doing.

You simply put all of them in one group then only make reference to "Jewish Space Lizards and Demon Cabals". Leave out any credible reference to known Conspiracy Theories like JFK, Gulf of Tonkin and MKUltra to name a few and use intelligent sounding words and a calm condescending voice and boom, you're the new douche of reason.

This guy should get a job in Politics or Public Relations, he'd do very well there.

posted on Dec, 21 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

You are supporting ignorance in your perception of reality. for you to acknowledge that there are no liars, or organized groups of liars means that either you believe in lying, or you are too ignorant to see the lies, since if you do not have knowledge then you would not understand a lie or what it is lying against.

I am so used to understanding that 90% of all society in America are people like you. You lie. You agree with being lied to. So that is why you become a hypocrite and awfully that is why this world cannot be a good place. That is why there is a rich and a poor, that is why people are starving, that is why people are homeless, all because of the way you think, because it is the same way all other people who do not care think also. So why would you leave the support of all those liars? Why would you leave the power? Since they have manipulated both man and beast since the very beginning, why would you leave them to define a righteous way of living for yourself? It is the same reason why a priest will not marry. because to love righteousness is to love truth, and to love truth means the world will hate you, since they support everything evil, they support and agree with being a hypocrite, with hardly any understanding of what a hypocrite is. Ignorance. But the priest is right, because that priest knows that women love to manipulate men in this new age, they do not have any ambition to be righteous, if they ever did in history. That is why in ancient times the father would only let his daughter out of his responsibility if she were to get married, under the approval of himself. Any woman who had sexual relations outside or marriage, even being a widow was rejected by society. Does that society of righteousness sound anything like today? A day where women are constantly manipulating the sexual energy of men by wearing short skirts and make up, walking around with 10 men following them everywhere? This control of sex by women in new age society is evil, and that is why every negative truth comes right along with it - hatred, jealousy, obnoxiousness, greed, dishonesty, lying, hypocrisy, judgment, why do they all come from the new generation of women? It is because women have attempted to control society by the manipulation of sex - the only tool they have, which is a powerful one because emotions are strong - they can dim perception of truth. This was seen since times of ancient to be fully wrong, but the powers of the modern day loves to infiltrate society with everything delusion they can to lead people away from the truth, such as the false threat of terrorism that we saw in the last decade, which brings us to the knowledge that stubborn people like you really need to learn.

Every fraction of all information outlets that contain knowledge, in this present day, have created sophisticated algorithms of organized strategies to implement deception into every day people. For people that do not know truth such as you, the delusion with work, because there is nobody telling the other side of the story.

For example the nation media and news outlets are all controlled and will not disagree with each other, this has been proved when the heads of those organizations all force the media outlets to lie. All other outlets of media are full of lies. National Geographic, why would 70% of their secrecy series have knowledge of occult Nazi information? because they are Nazi's. The American government is full of Nazi's and Freemasons - that is why they have the knowledge to make those documentaries. If you watch what the media has to say about the Dead Sea Scrolls, you can list the contradictions numerously in an excel sheet, every aspect of information from people with money and control is meant to confuse the general public. These people with large amounts of money behind the media consider themselves elite, that is why the government had plans to put liquor and guns stores of every African American corner, that is why they lies to us about terror - it is all because they separate themselves with us.

All history books have false information and the true aspects of the earth's history have been fabricated and withheld. Well known information of the 19th century has been wiped away from the 20th century, and those things vanished as if they were never there. The Smithsonian was a government created group that has such a history of lies and deception that is makes me sick thinking about what I know, and one reason why you probably love to avoid the truth is because everybody knows the truth is not pretty.

The amount of conspiracy and deception that has infiltrated religion especially for the last 2,000 years is so numerous and gigantic that to this day almost every religious Christian preaches a false doctrine. This gets into the mind state that those people who lied, understood that there are many people like you who are just too ignorant to search and find the truth, so they deliberately made it very hard to discover the truth and made it easy to believe the lies, knowing that the masses would be tricked and those in the true Know would be called Gnostics, but in such a way that a religious person would initially reject everything Gnostic, it is only when people are smart enough to read through the secret code to understand everything,. Now it was not my choice to do all that but theirs. And now we get so deep into the reality of powerful world groups in control of information that you don't even deserve to be taught the truth, because the truth doesn't deserve to have an ignorant stubborn egotistical mind (that surprisingly has not learn yet that a prideful ego is always wrong) shamefully reject it in the name of hypocrisy. Those wicked liars desired for you to be a hypocrite without even knowing you are a hypocrite. So now you walk around thinking you have the power - but it is all just stubborn ignorant negativity invoking the wrath of The Creator.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: greyer

You did read the OP, right...?

Sounds like you're just replying to the title of the thread, which is the exact OPPOSITE of how I feel. Please spare me your assumptions, and don't reply to me and call me a liar if you haven't even read what I have to say.

You're falling into your own little category of lying hypocrites by doing that, hope ya' know. Please explain to me exactly what I am lying about.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The only thing real to ignorance is negativity, and I am well surprised at how many ways that can express itself in.
edit on 9Mon, 22 Dec 2014 21:59:51 -0600America/Chicago14America/ChicagoMon, 22 Dec 2014 21:59:51 -0600 by greyer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join