It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracies aren't real--we're just making it up so we have someone to blame for everything

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here we see more evidence of someone lumping all the "lizard reptoid space alien satanic jew" conspiracy theorists with the rest of us who actually HAVE evidence and powerful speculation, followed by footage or witnesses. 9/11 was perfectly normal, nothing to see there. Oh, and nobody is spiritually cremating their cares in the Bohemian Grove while they're on vacation from running the world.

If only I'd seen this video sooner...

We, the conspiracy theorists, are the problem! You see, we're just lying to everyone because we want to blame the government for all our problems, as the guy says in this video.

He completely negates the problems in question--problems with the economy, the story of 9/11 not adding up in various ways, laws being passed while some kind of gay or racial story is plastered all over the news, or during a holiday. We're all imagining it, though. We're all crazy.

Sigh...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
How do we throw vegitables at a YouTube channel from here?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

He's certainly entitled to his opinion but doesn't mean he isn't a complete jackass.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:25 AM
link   
He's a douchebag. Unfortunately some people want to come off as authorities about subjects they know little to nothing about. Enter the douchebag. Who knows nothing and whose opinion isn''t worth the oxygen used to spout it. I watched the video only because I was curious and it was less than 4 minutes. Heck I can hold my breath underwater for almost that long.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Meh he has a point.
I have said it before, conspiracies, after a certain point are like religions. People believe it because they WANT to,
Religious person: If you look around you would see the Lord's work!
Conspiracy theorist: do your own research, i won't do it for you!

wait you arrogant pri!cks, you will allow people to remain ignorant just because you don't want to help them?
"You don't accept my vision of reality so i will take a pseudo high road by not giving you any input!"

Now SOME conspiracies have turned out to be true, (do your own research if you don't know them
)
But just look at this website alone. Remember up to not too long ago all those idiots that thought ebola was going to kill everyone? they pushed it as a FACT. they pushed the idea of a SERIOUS attack.
So...yeah, that turned exactly how they said.
Conspiracy theories are fathered form unanswered questions. And we need, hell DESERVE answers to certain questions.
But instead of engaging in any real fight for the answers, instead of being proactive, involved, instead of trying to change the system form the inside, we act defeated from the start, and just make up our own answers.
We all know there is no evidence of bigfoot because he lives in caves and can escpae satellite photography right?...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   

edit on 17-12-2014 by Diabolical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The term ''conspiracy theorist'' has become a denigrating epithet, to all alternative thinkers.
Maybe that was the plan...
Don't question anything, just bend and take it!

On the other hand, there are some really stupid conspiracy theories, but we must not put them all together.
Maybe some of them were deliberately put out there to discredit the legit ones.
edit on WedWed, 17 Dec 2014 01:48:04 -06001AMkuWednesdayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Hope you dont mind i reuse that picture to let OP know he is pretty far out, no offence!

edit on 17/12/2014 by kloejen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr1Akula

You can "think alternatively" all you want man, but if you have no hard evidence to show, you are probably thinking thinks up more than thinking outside of the box

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
The author of the video (Jonathan AKA Adampants) has far too many credibility issues...

Combine that with the fact that TPTB agree with him and it's end of story as far as I'm concerned.

originally posted by: Looking4LikeMindz
Guys like youtubes - adampants2007 - made me want to warn people about the upcoming barage of disinfo and distracting topics that will be. It is not that these people are government agents, they are human and what they are doing is natural, but they are not right. They are settling and preaching, as even I have done and still sometimes do. And frankly Adampants just sounds untrustworthy. He reminds me of Jim Jones. Dont think there arent people who try to be good and fail. Jim Jones is a classic example. I get strange feelings of empathy when I think about the Jim Jones situation. He let the power, his natural ability to make people listen to him, go to his head. He gave into selfishness aka evil. He had the best intentions, the guy really did.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Conspiracies are just that ,conspiracies . Well apart from UFOs , oh and govt secret black projects . And the JFK thing was a bit odd . Also the NWO but apart from that its just a conspiracy. Yes also the .....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Ya know what makes me err on the side of skeptic rather than conspiracist?

The way it becomes all or nothing. I've NEVER said 911 was "nothing to see here, move along" but I in no god damned way will entertain holographic planes, or space lasers or any of the other completely absurd things that are brought into the debate, and nor will I believe that the rich twats at the grove are sacrificing babies. I believe they are a cultish lot, entwined in a lot of oogabooga, and may like to touch each others doodles, maybe. but the rest, in my opinion, is made up twaddle, by people with idle minds and too much time on their hands, and a need to save humanity from the oppression that is people in power.

I believe in alien life. I believe we have things we cannot explain happening around us. I do not believe it is pasty white friggen aliens from a galaxy far far away, with pitch black pupils who pretend to one of us.

I do not believe for one second any of the 'propaganda' that is reiterated about contrails. The science alone proves these things, and suddenly, it goes from a secret agenda to wipe out the planet (well done, working well, increased a billion so far since it started..) to "day are manipulaterering da wethers.. so chemtrails !!!!" and GO TO HADES.

it's frustrating to have an honest desire to know the truth and be yet always confounded by illiterate imbeciles who point their finger at the moon and yell "HOLOGRAM!!!"

So... yeah, rant...

-- edited to fix rushed typos.
edit on 17-12-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: sn0rch

The moon isn't a hologram . The horror .

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

it's like religious fanaticism. if you don't believe exactly like they do you are a sheeple or whatever.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

The moon isn't a hologram . The horror .

Prove it !!!! :p

And while you do, I will gather my evidence for pink unicorns on venus. you see, without evidence, everything is possible. So we must question it alllllll!!!!!!!!!!111111oneone

First however, Im getting that tiny midget elephant out of my fridge, the one who only appears when the light is off. He eats all my damn peanut brittle.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I respect your opinion. But... you do realize yOu're on abovetopsecret, the conspiracy forum. YOu may have the biggest conspiracy of all, the conspiracy against conspiracies.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: IShotMyLastMuse

it's like religious fanaticism. if you don't believe exactly like they do you are a sheeple or whatever.

It is. One extreme is as bad as the other.

People who often berate the MSM lap up the likes of Alex jones, and never a word he says is wrong.

It's just frustrating. A middle ground, where logic and investigation meet, is warranted. And often, it's those who say "The cias are stealing my thoughts, and also 911 was a hoax" are the most vocal. Leaving it all in an absurd state.

that is why most people bag conspiracy theorists. the loonies. Same with the UFO hoax agenda, people see the blatant hoaxes and see all the "Golly, when will the nasas tell us the truth!!" people, and shake their heads.

Both sides have issues. I think, in all honesty, Im more of a cosnpiracist than those who think everything is. because I seek truth, not justification to what I simply want to believe...

edit on 17-12-2014 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
I respect your opinion. But... you do realize yOu're on abovetopsecret, the conspiracy forum. YOu may have the biggest conspiracy of all, the conspiracy against conspiracies.

I actually regret pointing people towards here, when I used to.

I inevitably then have to put up with "Charles Manson was a satanist and shot Kennedy, because..." and I feel my brain cells dissolve.

I don't care where I am, I come here for information. Not to entertain fantasy. Conspiracy websites may all focus on the most insane things, but this place used to be the one that stood out as having rational debate.

I don't dismiss ideas, I just consider them. And when they are repeated, and when such things as "911 never happened, move along!" are spoken, I despair at the lack of rationale. If people come here to debate, and seek truth, it is one thing. When they come here just to get kudos and a pat on the back for how far out they can be, I have to speak.

Maybe it is the time we live in. more and more crap is happening. But as soon as something does happen, I just know that within the first page I will see "This reeks of a false flag, we ALL know how this works".. when if we knew it, we wouldnt debate it. And they are the ones who ruin the entire subject. Lets not even get into koalas on mars....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   

This video is exactly the sort of disinformation which keeps people lapping up the mainstream media angle on events, and prevents people from questioning what is fed to them.

The reality of the situation is that yes, there are organisations both within and without governments, which seek to hijack the perception of truth to further their own agendas, and indeed to obfuscate the true nature of those agendas. Oil companies, big argiculture, big pharma, the banks, and governments world wide, use tactics just like this to distract peoples attention, and indeed the effects are much more insidious than that.

You will note that the subtext for this video, is that people who believe ANY conspiracy theory are being deluded, or are some how more easily fooled than others. This performs two functions, seen as vital to those who seek to hide the truth. First, the content and the implication of its delivery make those who have pre-existing disbelief of any sort of conspiracy theory feel better about their attitudes, providing a temporary banishment of any doubt they might have about the legitimacy of their willful ignorance. But along side that, videos like this make those who have serious doubts about the official line, but have not investigated the subjects which concern them, less likely to speak out, to ask the serious questions, because of either fear of ridicule, or doubt about their own sanity.

However, the idea that conspiracy theory is null and void, and that those who dig around for information are fools and fantasists is patently false, and the evidence for that is in fact far more readily available at this point in history, than at any time previously, in some pretty important respects! For example, it was many years before the news of the existence of PRISM and ECHELON broke in the mainstream media, that those of us given to conspiracy theory first heard that the US government might have been monitoring masses of supposedly private communication between individuals over the internet.

And yet, although this was proven to be absolutely true, and furthermore that the issue went far further than anyone was really aware of in the CT community, videos like this, and the people who publish them to the web, would have the viewer believe that those of us who think deeply and honestly about the activities of the governments and companies we interact with, are simply buffoons, fools, and guilty of first order nincompoopery.

This is perhaps the most obvious bit of counter CT disinformation I have ever laid eyes on.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think the biggest elephant in the room that is constantly ignored is that of individuals and how they handle/belief things. Humans vary so much and by my own experience, having met and spoken with many CTs [conspiracy theorists] they can never be painted with the same brush.

We would all hope that CTs are critical thinkers that are educated to a certain degree and have read about each conspiracy enough to make up their minds. Well there certainly are quite a lot who fit that bill.
Then we have the CT that goes over the top. He/she believes the most ludicrous of points about a conspiracy and spreads it all over FB and the rest of the internet. These CTs can not be talked with on any rational level.

Even if you agree with a certain CT and you are on the same page with most arguments, they'll come up with really unbelievable stuff you don't agree with and hate you for not agreeing on it.
IMO those that I have met who fit the bill are almost certainly mentally ill [I do not mean this in any way derogative as I also suffer from a mental illness -anxiety-]. There seems to be a lack of ability to separate 'valid' arguments from 'completely coo-coo' arguments.
For these CTs everything is a conspiracy, not just the odd weird occurrence that makes no sense.

The above people can not only be found in the CT 'community' but they can be found in all walks of life, from religion to UFO believers etc. There is no rationality.

This means it is a human trait in general. To pick it up and use it against the credibility of the whole CT 'community' is just as irrational as those it uses as examples against CTs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join