It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Retaliate Against the US Over Sanctions, Troops and Warheads Ready

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: snypwsd
America better be careful.. As they will be dragging Canada further into this # storm. We don't need to be invaded by Putin.

What is he going to do? Levitate the troops here?

no just creep up with a few of the black hole subs that the USA cant detect and send a few fireworks you're way.
rt.com...
edit on 17-12-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: haven123

no just creep up with a few of the black hole subs that the USA cant detect and send a few fireworks you're way

That is not an invasion.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
looks like the cold war is back on, this is the same kind of stuff that happened during the cold war.
To the younger people who weren`t around and didn`t get to experience the cold war first hand this might look scary but rest assured it`s just typical cold war saber rattling.
This is why it`s called a cold "War" it` looks a lot like the start of a real war but it never amounts to anything.

it`s like we have turned the clock back to the 60`s and 70`s, deja vu,as long as bell bottom jeans and disco music doesn`t make a come back we should be ok.
edit on 17-12-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
See people cant think...
Sorry but theres no way im staying in the thread....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
Russia's response will not military, they are not going to start a losing shooting war.
To put things in perspective

The US Air Force alone is more than twice the size of Russia's

The US Navy alone dwarfs Russia's fleets

The US military alone has 1.3 million active duty members, Russia has over 700K. NATO in total has over 3 million active duty members.

The US is a member of 4 military alliances, NATO, Rio Pact, Treaty of Manilla, ANZUS and has mutual defense treaties several nations. All these treaties treat an attack on any member as an attack on all. In theory an attack on the United States would activate treaties with 50 nations. And that does not count many other US allies not covered by direct treaty.

So let us put the idea that a sane Russia would ever conduct any military action against the US. The results would not be good for Russia.
how did nam and afghanistan work out even iraq was a mess
Ha yeah... I wonder if Napoleon and Hitler were also as cocky before they both got their proverbials handed to them on a silver platter!

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook putin wouldn't be stupid enough to lose a little uranium or nuke, and it get in isis hands or something would he? I mean those evil bastards wouldn't think twice about getting it close to any western country would they?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey
See people cant think...

So your response to having your opinion challenged is to take your proverbial ball and go home?

Do as you will, of course, but I was expecting more discourse.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: noeltrotsky

An actual, monitored vote might sort the Crimean issue out.

Ya, like it does everywhere else ??

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

See people cant think...

I get it, they just cannot even fathom how to start a better world, or at least try.

Everything to them is lockstep with paradigm A, B, C...greed.........on and on forever.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

no just creep up with a few of the black hole subs that the USA cant detect and send a few fireworks you're way

That is not an invasion.

correct its worse than an invasion,, The US miltary have never won a war apart for a civil one and does that even count?
they prefer the sneaky ways like false flags and cia run throw overs of county's ruling methods, in my opion if shtf (hopefully not) the bear is alive and hungry and the eagle l is an an a vunerable species ...
edit on 17-12-2014 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

correct its worse than an invasion...

Then why interject an irrelevant comment? The poster I was responding to was expecting some sort of Red Dawn-esque invasion of Canada. Do try to follow along.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

Really? No votes for the people? No 'choice' in their direction?

I suppose it's safe to assume your not from Chrimea...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Russia's response will not military, they are not going to start a losing shooting war.

The US military alone has 1.3 million active duty members, Russia has over 700K. NATO in total has over 3 million active duty members.

The US is a member of 4 military alliances, NATO, Rio Pact, Treaty of Manilla, ANZUS and has mutual defense treaties several nations. All these treaties treat an attack on any member as an attack on all. In theory an attack on the United States would activate treaties with 50 nations. And that does not count many other US allies not covered by direct treaty.

So let us put the idea that a sane Russia would ever conduct any military action against the US. The results would not be good for Russia.

You do realize those numbers include actively engaged military right? So we would just pull out of all the countries we are protecting? The US military isnt as big as you are suggesting unless it were to withdraw from every country its currently in.

Russia is allied with China and many of the neighbors of the countries we are currently in.

Do i think Russia is the good guy hell no.

But you have to be a fool to think the numbers tell the whole story. We want absolutely no part in a war with russia, especially anywhere near their soil. Their good buddies China would lve us to pull all our assets to fight them.

The whole comparing numbers thing is absolutely ridiculous we obviously cant withdraw our assets from around the world and have the numbers you suggest to fight another war. Not to mention the home defense required here.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
An actual, monitored vote might sort the Crimean issue out.

Oh Crimea would overwhelmingly vote to be part of Russia...no doubt! That is a fully monitored and EU certified vote by the way. I've enjoyed the beach in Yalta and cruised the harbor of Sevastopol. Russian from bow to stern. It would be a waste of paper.

Of course if you did that same vote in a bunch of places you'd have places joining other countries. Mexico vote to join the US? You bet your last peso they would! All over the world there are lots of examples like that.

I suspect that is too much democracy for the people in power however.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

See people cant think...

MAN DOWN!

MEDIC!

What happened to him? Do we need a Defib? I can rig a quickie version from the wall socket...

OK...Here GOES!
BUZZZTTTT!

Oh...that didn't go so well.
Never mind, let's keep marching along.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Agreed. And taken a step further. If...they won't...but if they did win, they would wipe out the global economy, directly hurting themselves and all of their population and allies. It's lose, lose, they know this...that's why in the cold war we had all of these little conflicts everywhere and why we still do today.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Oh Crimea would overwhelmingly vote to be part of Russia...no doubt!

And yet they didn't...can't imagine why they didn't the first time?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Now that really surprises me!

I've have never been there and have no desire to, yet, that would be the first nation in history-that I'm aware of-that voted to rejoin an empire after gaining it's freedom from that particular boot.

I did a quick/glib check on Crimea and the events leading up to the vote to join Russia. Wiki. to start with, and it looks more like a take-over by a Russian backed party that enjoyed about a 4% popular support.

I'd bet the vote would be more like complete independence from both Russia AND the Ukraine. In any event, certainly not rejoin Russia. That I'd bet money on...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Gallup pole is American...

The 500 people that were sampled in Crimea were asked "Please tell me if you agree or disagree: The results of the referendum on Crimea's status [whether to rejoin Russia] reflect the views of most people here." 82.8% said "Agree." 6.7% said "Disagree."

Source

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I believe you failed to consider that most of the US troops deployed around the world are specifically there to protect against Russia. In that case they are already forward deployed specifically for a war with Russia. Add to that the forward deployed weapons and equipment in several countries that were in the news recently due to the Pentagon upgrading the inventories, the US has been poised for this specific conflict since the end of WWII. Up until the 1990's the US was leveraged to fight against the entire USSR, not just Russia.
China is a factor, but they have their eyes on several Russian territories that they consider to be native Chinese lands. They may be an ally at this time, but maybe they could be persuaded to stay out of the conflict if the right carrot were dangled?
As for home defense, the US has a well-armed populace that would be more than willing to keep them from invading too deep. They may be able to deal quite a bit of damage from afar, but actually invading on ground would be met with a groundswell of homeboy patriots armed to the teeth.
I am no war monger and have no illusions about the effect of a war of this magnitude on my family, my nation and the world. No one would remain untouched, no matter how neutral they attempted to remain. Hundreds of millions if not billions would die directly from the fighting and the aftermath of even a conventional world-wide conflict with modern weaponry involved. I for one hope that calmer heads prevail. The Russian people are beautiful, strong, iron willed and industrious people. I would rather be friends with them than enemies. Too bad our leaders don't feel the same...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join