It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia to Retaliate Against the US Over Sanctions, Troops and Warheads Ready

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I wasn't aware of any poll.

As you say, it's an 'American' poll. It's quite well known in the U.S. that one only trusts the 'real' poll...the election results..

Far too many ways to pick and choose those 500. I for one trust them not. JMO, though...

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Bleeeargh

If the Russians made it as far as putting boots on US soil. It wouldnt matter how well aremed the People are.

Russia would use what ever means they have to take you out. Bombers and drones, SU25s, SU 34s, SU 27s and SU 35s, MIG 29s and 35s. Helis. MLRS, artilary. And then they would take Your guns and use them against you.

They would burn Your crops, burn Your farms, Burn Your cities, cut Your electricity, cut of Your water supply. And Shut Down you internet. Shut Down cable TV, Shut Down Walmart and MC Donalds.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

If the Russians made it as far as putting boots on US soil. It wouldnt matter how well aremed the People are.

Russia would use what ever means they have to take you out. Bombers and drones, SU25s, SU 34s, SU 27s and SU 35s, MIG 29s and 35s. Helis. MLRS, artilary. And then they would take Your guns and use them against you.

They would burn Your crops, burn Your farms, Burn Your cities, cut Your electricity, cut of Your water supply. And Shut Down you internet. Shut Down cable TV, Shut Down Walmart and MC Donalds.

I gave you star for the funniest post on ATS..starting with the first sentence.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Methodology Center

Gallup prides itself on the integrity of its data and being transparent. We are committed to using scientifically proven and accepted methodologies for Gallup polling in more than 160 countries and areas worldwide. Gallup applies rigorous research standards to its Gallup Daily tracking, Gallup Poll Social Series, and Gallup World Poll surveys. These measures track what the public is thinking on virtually every political, economic, and social issue that matters to society.

Gallup Daily tracking is divided into two surveys: Gallup U.S. Daily and the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index. Gallup interviews 500 U.S. adults for each survey, 350 days per year with minimum quotas of 50% landlines and 50% cellphones. These large samples allow Gallup to examine extensive demographic breaks and unique cross-tabulations of the daily measures. The samples also allow Gallup to report results at state and community levels.

Source

And here`s another interesting one for you, what did the Ukrainians think of the EU in 2013...

Ukrainians' Discontent Runs Deep

More approve of EU leadership than their own, but both ratings are weak

Source

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeargh
a reply to: luthier

I believe you failed to consider that most of the US troops deployed around the world are specifically there to protect against Russia. In that case they are already forward deployed specifically for a war with Russia. Add to that the forward deployed weapons and equipment in several countries that were in the news recently due to the Pentagon upgrading the inventories, the US has been poised for this specific conflict since the end of WWII. Up until the 1990's the US was leveraged to fight against the entire USSR, not just Russia.
China is a factor, but they have their eyes on several Russian territories that they consider to be native Chinese lands. They may be an ally at this time, but maybe they could be persuaded to stay out of the conflict if the right carrot were dangled?
As for home defense, the US has a well-armed populace that would be more than willing to keep them from invading too deep. They may be able to deal quite a bit of damage from afar, but actually invading on ground would be met with a groundswell of homeboy patriots armed to the teeth.
I am no war monger and have no illusions about the effect of a war of this magnitude on my family, my nation and the world. No one would remain untouched, no matter how neutral they attempted to remain. Hundreds of millions if not billions would die directly from the fighting and the aftermath of even a conventional world-wide conflict with modern weaponry involved. I for one hope that calmer heads prevail. The Russian people are beautiful, strong, iron willed and industrious people. I would rather be friends with them than enemies. Too bad our leaders don't feel the same...

You are telling me that the bulk of American hardware and troops are located to fight russia? What about the pacific? And the middle east? So in your strategic assesment we could pull all our combat troops out of the ME warzones, the pacific, and south east asia to fight a war in russia? There is no way to do this without creating a free for all and worse case scenario we loose our strategic positions. Its not a numbers game at all and no we dont have any where near the hardware necesary to uphold all yhe places we are putting or keeping fires out. Its a loose loose.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Afghanistan needed about 500.000 troops to secure, Russia probably needs about 500 million...that`s not going to happen.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If the Russians made it as far as putting boots on US soil.

More of this? Did a four lane highway between the United States and Russia suddenly appear?

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

So what's your point? I'm pretty sure if you ask any Pole, Uke, etc. whether they'd like to re-join Russia your going to get laughed at. ( My ethnic origins are Ukrainian and 'white' Russian.)

The data on the so-called parliamentary move by Crimea isn't acknowledged as valid by any country in the world other than Russia.

All I'm saying is an election by the people would go a long ways to clearing up the matter. If they want to re-join Russia, all the power to them. (although with the current economic situation, which is unlikely to improve much in the near future, in Russia, it's even less likely from what I can see.)

P.S. Who is happy in Europe with the EU leadership? For that matter, you'd probably get a similar response in every country in the world about their own government....

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

If Russian boots ever threatened US Soil, U.S. Weapons manufacturers wouldn't be able to keep up with demand as nearly every single able-bodied person would take up arms against the imminent threat. America is pretty good at fighting amongst themselves, but you threaten their way of life and you will see people come together in unity like nothing else. Islamist Extremists took down two towers in New York, and nearly every american was baying for muslim blood. The amount of people volunteering for the Armed Forces exploded. Imagine that, 100 fold.

That is the reality of invading the United States.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

The data on the so-called parliamentary move by Crimea isn't acknowledged as valid by any country in the world other than Russia.

Under pressure of The West it isn`t, and don`t forget most countries it leaders wouldn`t want to recognize such a thing, because there would be referendums all over the place...

...yet at the same time it`s as democratic as it gets, it`s people voting for what they actual want...the reason the outcome was that high in favour was because "Ukrainians and Tartars" didn`t wanted to vote because they knew the end result, and the pro-Russian people of Crimea knew what has happened to Eastern Ukraine was going to happen to them too.

Who is happy in Europe with the EU leadership?

EU is also economically in shambles too, so a Poland replay isn`t going to happen to the Ukraine.

Not even when it was going economically better there was support for it, let alone now.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

The pro-Russian people of Crimea knew what has happened to Eastern Ukraine was going to happen to them too.

So basically "vote YES for Russia, or Russia will just send troops in anyway and make everyone's lives generally miserable"? 'Cause that's what's happening in East Ukraine. Without Russia troops and hardware, this rebellion would have been quashed long ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

No, the Nazi groups would have cleansed by intimidating the Crimeans and Eastern Ukrainians so in the future the voting outcome would be favourable and not a repeat of `10.

And the whole Eastern of the Ukraine would have been left fracked by the son of Biden and the Crimean gas pocket profits would end up in the pockets of Western oligarchs.
edit on 17 12 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: noeltrotsky

Now that really surprises me!

I've have never been there and have no desire to, yet, that would be the first nation in history-that I'm aware of-that voted to rejoin an empire after gaining it's freedom from that particular boot.

I did a quick/glib check on Crimea and the events leading up to the vote to join Russia. Wiki. to start with, and it looks more like a take-over by a Russian backed party that enjoyed about a 4% popular support.

I'd bet the vote would be more like complete independence from both Russia AND the Ukraine. In any event, certainly not rejoin Russia. That I'd bet money on...

I understand the confusion on Crimea loyalties, but believe me it is true. Sevastopol has been the biggest employer on the peninsula for...well for about ever now. Yalta has been a Russian playground for many, many years only passed by a cheaper Turkey in the past 10 years. Many of the retiring Soviet soldiers from the base bought homes in Crimea over the past many years. Most of the Yalta infrastructure was built up by Russians with Russian money (Soviet back then actually) and is still controlled by 'Russians' who got a Ukrainian passport when the Soviet Union all went south.

It is still very Russian today. Common language is Russian everywhere, unlike Ukraine where Russian is more common in the East and less common out west or in many large centers (of course everyone can speak Russian). This part of the news coming from Kremlin sources is absolutely true. Crimea is very pro Russian and a vote there wouldn't even be close. Only the Tatars would vote to be independent.

Not only is it a very 'Russian' area, they are very nostalgic for the return of the Soviet Union. It isn't considered a 'boot' they got rid of, it's considered a glorious history that was run into the ground by corrupt leaders. Memories of the Soviet Union are fond, so fond in fact that even Stalin has a significant group of supporters even today after the world knows he killed millions with his own pen strokes.

You really should go there...it's a different world than what you've been told.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
So basically "vote YES for Russia, or Russia will just send troops in anyway and make everyone's lives generally miserable"? 'Cause that's what's happening in East Ukraine. Without Russia troops and hardware, this rebellion would have been quashed long ago.

It's not really like that in Ukraine. You have to remember that before the Maiden protests and Yanukovich getting booted out that an election not too long before voted the pro-Russian leader into power. Those elections were OSCE monitored and I believe Canada sent about 500 people to monitor the election. It was declared free and fair.

There is a huge population of Ukraine that is pro-Russian...or at least were before this all happened. The Maiden protests were led in a pro-EU city, Kiev. If the capital had been Donetsk there would have never been any Maiden protests because the locals would be too busy cheering the move closer to Russia.

After the Maiden 'victory' there were many previous pro Russians fairly wondering what is going on and why wasn't the fair vote respected and the government allowed to make a change in policy. They held rallies and walked through cities protesting (something Ukrainians love to do by the way). All before any Russian 'organizing' or 'intervention'. Families are being ripped apart by different loyalties now, Marriages cancelled, you name it. A very divided Ukraine even without any Russian invasion.

Yes, if Russia didn't sent in troops and weapons the rebellion would have ended much earlier. However the country would be very politically unstable anyway...just with less dead people.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
What sort of sanctions are they pushing and for what reasons? Unless it's a critical cutoff point that the US is trying to force through then I would say it's nothing more than talk. I don't see much concern over this in the news media.

a reply to: lostbook

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: MrSpad

Honestly, who the hell gives a crap about troop numbers when we are talking both tactical and strategic nuclear weapons involved here?

And on that count, they are vastly better prepared in any number of ways. They realized long ago they already had the great equalizer. It just comes down to a willingness to use them. And if YOU want to test him on that, then maybe YOU should go over there and help install the missile "shields." Let me know once we're both on the other side how that worked out for you. Cause you'll get there sooner than me, that's for sure.

What you may not know is Many NATO forces have many of OUR nukes on loan for use in their fighter bombers. They are adjustable yield bunker busting nukes that fit on many different fighters. They do not have a clue where the U.S. and French ballistic missile subs are. Russia knows that so they are not to keen on trying a war with NATO. When the B-2s take off they know they only have a few hours to talk or face certain death. Each B-2 carries 16, 9 megaton bombs in it. That will be whats in their belly's when things get hairy with Russia if they are not already loaded out now. The U.S. also has many toys that are classified and will only come out for a big war with Russia or China.

Russia will get the Arabs to unite soon and then they will all try to take Israel out as a big F-you to the U.S.!
Russian wants what Israel has and the Arabs just want the Jews killed.
Too bad for Russia though, she will lose 2/3rds of her standing army while Israel thumps them all with nukes and not one nuke hits Israel from Russia, thanks to God and a very good ABM system.

Russia knows a war with any NATO nation means nuclear war with the U.S. and certain destruction for them. They are not stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

LMAO!! Just to give you some idea, The American people who were just worried about what Obama would do purchased enough weapons to outfit the entire Russian and Chinese army's TWICE now. There are at least 50 million very good marksmen in the U.S. who do know how to fight. The Soviets got their butts handed to them in A-stan, we would make that seem like a trip to Disney Land for them. Even if our military let them walk right in they would want to go back to Russia within one years time if they even last 30 days, which I would highly doubt. They do not have near enough guns to take on Texas let alone the South or the whole dam country if our Army fights back.

Texas and Florida alone would kick Russia in the jewels so hard they would go running back to their motherland, to cry to their mommies.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Yep Charlie Daniels said it best.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Don't forget about bio-warfare
I havn't heard this brought-up
Russia not only has nukes, but years of research and development in this area
something to think about.

edit on 17-12-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join